Official Doors Converse sneakers?

What Doors items do you have in your collection?

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

StrangeNightOfStone

Official Doors Converse sneakers?

Post by StrangeNightOfStone »

Oh dear....

In the 'ask Jeff' section of LL, I posted a question on if the Doors would ever market clothing like what Jim wore- such as a European tour style leather jacket, Hollywood Bowl type vest, engineer pants, etc....
Jeff did reveal there will soon be official Doors Converse 'shoes'.

I think he means sneakers, for when i think of Converse, i think of running sneakers, and basketball sneakers.

WHAT THE F**K????

What is your opinion of the Doors sneakers? Will you wear them with pride?
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
antero

Post by antero »

i love Converse basketball sneakers.

maybe not a bad idea...
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

We've hit a new low. Yes, Converse are cool...but with the Doors brand on them? Will they be limited edition? lizard skin print? lizard skin shoe box? And to think Jeff blew off my idea for a limited edition Doors iPod.

I've got the runnin' blues........
StrangeNightOfStone

antero wrote:i love Converse basketball sneakers.

maybe not a bad idea...

What should they call them? How about 'Peace Frog' sneakers

For women, they could call them 'Land Ho' sneakers
Last edited by StrangeNightOfStone on Tue May 06, 2008 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
StrangeNightOfStone

wha happened wrote:We've hit a new low. Yes, Converse are cool...but with the Doors brand on them? Will they be limited edition? lizard skin print? lizard skin shoe box? And to think Jeff blew off my idea for a limited edition Doors iPod.

I've got the runnin' blues........

I was hoping for striped railroad engineer pants like what jim was wearing in 69/70
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

I still can't believe this. And I used to think Doors shot glasses and Christmas ornaments were tacky. :?
StrangeNightOfStone

wha happened wrote:I still can't believe this. And I used to think Doors shot glasses and Christmas ornaments were tacky. :?

I'm surprised John Densmore is for this...he's the once Door that seems most reluctant to sell the Doors soul in the name of profit...
I'm shocked he would be ok with Doors sneakers.. :(

Then again, I did once own a Doors beach towel...
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

Really, we're surprised by this? The Doors are being sold at Starbucks.
StrangeNightOfStone

Porsche wrote:Really, we're surprised by this? The Doors are being sold at Starbucks.
Which cd?

Is it possible Jeff was joking? The more I think about it, the more absurd the Doors converse sneakers sound...he couldn't have been serious...
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

The name of the CD is "Scattered Sun".

Jim did write...

Now if you're sad and you're feeling blue
Go out and buy a brand new pair of shoes

However, he never could have imagined that the Doors would be getting a piece of the sale.
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

StrangeNightOfStone wrote:What should they call them? How about 'Peace Frog' sneakers

For women, they could call them 'Land Ho' sneakers
M'Gills
manuel08

Re: Official Doors Converse sneakers?

Post by manuel08 »

StrangeNightOfStone wrote: What is your opinion of the Doors sneakers? Will you wear them with pride?
just cry and nothing else.. i see morrison rolling up
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

:shock: uh, really are they crazy? Do they need money that bad?
universalmind69

Post by universalmind69 »

relax people, Jampol is a professional....."the operation won`t take long and you`ll feel much better in the morning"...or something to that effect

I`m really not surprised, the age of "innocence" in the music industry, if there has ever been such a thing in ANY kind of industry mind you.., is long gone.
These corporations have become too powerful, there`s not many that are able to withstand their means of per$ua$ion these days :?
Thank god for the internet and the ability to freely share and dl quality music...
StrangeNightOfStone

Dear god, Jeff wsn't kidding...
I guess it's okay in his mind, as Nirvana and the Beatles have signed on as well, and will have their own 'official' converse sneakers.
manuel08

Post by manuel08 »

MistyJm wrote::shock: uh, really are they crazy?
no they i wrote about us

also if.. we have some second where morrison spot something
should be this one:

Cheetah Magazine Promo (The Tom Maule Show) - KHJ Radio – L. A
universalmind69

StrangeNightOfStone

universalmind69 wrote:relax people, Jampol is a professional....."the operation won`t take long and you`ll feel much better in the morning"...or something to that effect

I`m really not surprised, the age of "innocence" in the music industry, if there has ever been such a thing in ANY kind of industry mind you.., is long gone.
These corporations have become too powerful, there`s not many that are able to withstand their means of per$ua$ion these days :?
Thank god for the internet and the ability to freely share and dl quality music...

This may open a floodgate...
Obviously a Doors song will be used to promote the sneakers-

then I suspect Doors songs will soon be used in other commercials....
I think Jim would be less than thrilled...
Jeff doesn't seem to understand why hardcore fans find this distasteful-

again, to him, the Doors are a money making band, a commodity unto themselves, nothing more...What about artistic integrity?
I could see this being Ray's idea, as he is always first in line to make the extra buck on the Doors name- but John Densmore? I'm shocked he could be for this- He seemed to be the one Door opposed to selling out....
Would Danny Sugerman have done this?
Last edited by StrangeNightOfStone on Tue May 06, 2008 3:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
manuel08

Post by manuel08 »

:(

they sell morrison also for harly davison if i'm not wrong
universalmind69

"They`ll make you run so fast you might even break on through"!!
Officially endorsed by the Mojo-man himself... :lol: or :cry:

Imo nothing can take away from the magic of The Doors` music for us "hardcore" fans but unfortunately this is as bad a publicity move for The Doors as a legendary band as the O Stone biopic was for JDMs legacy...what will new fans think of this?
Oh...they`ll probably think it`s "cool" but it won`t be the same "coolness" that The Doors as a band originally conveyed, you know?I find that kinda sad.

But hey, in the end it`s all about the money...
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

It's hard to say what Danny would have done, but he wasn't always making the best decisions either. As I see it, The Doors are trying to make money in an industry that's trying to rediscover itself. A loss in music sales over the last few years has affected everyone's bottomline and Converse sneakers is just the latest idea to help generate some cash. The Doors themselves might not need the money, but their company does if it wants to stay relevant and make new releases. Doing iTunes special releases, Starbucks CDs, silly remixes, and all these things that don't make sense to us are part of a larger transition process going on in the music biz. I can't say I would have handled things the same way as Jampol or agreed with any of his ideas, but the band has to find a new audience or an old audience willing to buy new things to make up for widespread sinking album sales. Live releases and 40 year-old footage on DVD just isn't going to grab the attention of those who aren't big fans already. Imagine trying to explain HWY to a friend who doesn't really care about The Doors beyond "Light My Fire." The material that's out there and unreleased just doesn't interest a lot of people beyond a certain curiousity level. Even live releases don't sell particularly well. Maybe another Hollywood Bowl type of release on video would generate some cash -- Isle Of Wight, perhaps? -- but other than that, the band has to make money some other way. It's sad to see things go this way, but it seems to be the way of the future for a lot of groups. So look for Doors temporary tattoos, lizard skin wallets, glow in the dark wristwatches, and gummy snacks at a store near you soon.
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

Porsche wrote:It's hard to say what Danny would have done, but he wasn't always making the best decisions either. As I see it, The Doors are trying to make money in an industry that's trying to rediscover itself. A loss in music sales over the last few years has affected everyone's bottomline and Converse sneakers is just the latest idea to help generate some cash. The Doors themselves might not need the money, but their company does if it wants to stay relevant and make new releases. Doing iTunes special releases, Starbucks CDs, silly remixes, and all these things that don't make sense to us are part of a larger transition process going on in the music biz. I can't say I would have handled things the same way as Jampol or agreed with any of his ideas, but the band has to find a new audience or an old audience willing to buy new things to make up for widespread sinking album sales. Live releases and 40 year-old footage on DVD just isn't going to grab the attention of those who aren't big fans already. Imagine trying to explain HWY to a friend who doesn't really care about The Doors beyond "Light My Fire." The material that's out there and unreleased just doesn't interest a lot of people beyond a certain curiousity level. Even live releases don't sell particularly well. Maybe another Hollywood Bowl type of release on video would generate some cash -- Isle Of Wight, perhaps? -- but other than that, the band has to make money some other way. It's sad to see things go this way, but it seems to be the way of the future for a lot of groups. So look for Doors temporary tattoos, lizard skin wallets, glow in the dark wristwatches, and gummy snacks at a store near you soon.
It's really sad it has come to this. I think I understand why they do it now but it still is sad :(
StrangeNightOfStone

Perhaps Jim was being prophetic when he said

"Money beats soul every time'
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

If Morrison is not rolling on his tomb then maybe this is just a brilliant strategy for Mr. Mojo Risin return from Africa.

SF

ps: does anyone have a TV set? :mrgreen:
The Royal Sperm

Post by The Royal Sperm »

ok, i'm not agree with the snickers ... maybe an ipod could be a interesting idea
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
StrangeNightOfStone

The Royal Sperm wrote:ok, i'm not agree with the snickers ... maybe an ipod could be a interesting idea

A Doors ipod that contains half a dozen uncirculated Doors shows from 67' would be even better ; )
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

StrangeNightOfStone wrote:
The Royal Sperm wrote:ok, i'm not agree with the snickers ... maybe an ipod could be a interesting idea

A Doors ipod that contains half a dozen uncirculated Doors shows from 67' would be even better ; )
Now you convinced me! :lol:
SF
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

Guess it really started (for me) when Michael Jackson bought the
Beatles catalog & sold anything to the highest bidder. That wasn't
even in the interest of the band; not that the Beatles would ever
need the money. Breaks my heart everytime I hear another
rock classic prostituted. I think I intentially refuse to but the product
cause it just pisses me off.
I love my red high top converse & will never by Doors converses.

I agree...sad. :cry:
(Ya, I know it's the way things are going, but it's still sad.)
Last edited by jamestkirk on Wed May 07, 2008 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
StrangeNightOfStone

jamestkirk wrote:Guess it really started (for me) when Michael Jackson bought the

It was sad when I heard a Canned Heat song used on a commercial-Canned Heat were one of the best rock/blues bands in history...

Its also sad how Led Zepplin songs are used in Cadillac commercials..
Last edited by StrangeNightOfStone on Wed May 07, 2008 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

StrangeNightOfStone wrote:
jamestkirk wrote:Guess it really started (for me) when Michael Jackson bought the

It was sad when I heard a Canned Heat song used on a commercial-Canned Heat were one of the best rock/blues bands in history...
Or Chambers Brothers..."Time has come today" Prophetic,
I guess.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley