Anyone want to guess what they next BMR release is?

All about the Bright Midnight Releases.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

Chris M

Anyone want to guess what they next BMR release is?

Post by Chris M »

Per Jeff it won't be from the '70 tour. Anyone want to guess what it may be? An Other Voices show? Fillmore '67 with the missing drums? Something we don't know about?
The Royal Sperm

Post by The Royal Sperm »

as good as i remember, jeff announced a matrix 67 compilation, and i think taht will be the future release, 'cause it was ready to go
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
Chris M

Post by Chris M »

The Royal Sperm wrote:as good as i remember, jeff announced a matrix 67 compilation, and i think taht will be the future release, 'cause it was ready to go
You really think they want to open themselves up to more legal action?
The Royal Sperm

Chris M wrote:
The Royal Sperm wrote:as good as i remember, jeff announced a matrix 67 compilation, and i think taht will be the future release, 'cause it was ready to go
You really think they want to open themselves up to more legal action?
good point, so for sur isn't stockholm
www.KatRecords.com
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

Maybe it will be the version of Stockholm that Rothchild recorded.
The Royal Sperm

wha happened wrote:Maybe it will be the version of Stockholm that Rothchild recorded.
is that true? i didn't know nothing about that

so, is an stage recording? how can do that? i mean if they can't carry equipment to honololu, how did it to europe?
www.KatRecords.com
Chris M

Post by Chris M »

The Royal Sperm wrote:
wha happened wrote:Maybe it will be the version of Stockholm that Rothchild recorded.

so, is an stage recording? how can do that? i mean if they can't carry equipment to honololu, how did it to europe?
It was a joke. Remember when Jeff speculated on the LL that since Rothchild's handwriting was on the copy of the Matrix stuff they have that he (Rothchild) made recordings there in addition to Peter Abraham's recordings?
The Royal Sperm

Chris M wrote:
The Royal Sperm wrote:

It was a joke. Remember when Jeff speculated on the LL that since Rothchild's handwriting was on the copy of the Matrix stuff they have that he (Rothchild) made recordings there in addition to Peter Abraham's recordings?
:/
www.KatRecords.com
antero

Post by antero »

The Royal Sperm wrote:
Chris M wrote:
The Royal Sperm wrote: is that true? i didn't know nothing about that

:/
:lol:

sorry fern but you seems to fall by the Wha jokes in a easy way... and this one made me lauhg loudy.
The Royal Sperm

re :/
www.KatRecords.com
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

:lol:
I didn't fall on this one. But for some others I did :roll:

My favourite one was the L.A. Woman outtakes tape (the one with that killer version of "I Heard It Through The Grapevine") . I completely fall on that one, particularly because it is my favourite album...
Oh man, to be naif in Portugal... double :lol:
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

Getting back on topic because this is potentially the most interesting news going around at the moment, Jampol made a post recently claiming his favorite BMA release is between Detroit, Aquarius 1st show, and the upcoming release. If he's choosing IOW over either of those two shows, I'd be shocked. I'd also be surprised if he made a deal with Sony for the IOW audio and not the video. A joint release would make more sense. So what else could it be? Would he hype up a release of the Hollywood Bowl soundtrack or a Vince recording this much? He said the new release wasn't from the 1970 AL tour. I'm not sure he'd really make a big difference between the AL shows and other performances from 1970. So that leaves some potential. The Matrix material at last? Though if we take him at his word and "a concert CD" means one disc, I'm not sure they'd only release a Matrix compilation. So something from '67 or '68 that we've never heard of? Many tapes are said to exist, after all. It could be that they finally got their hands on something -- or had something in the vaults all this time that we didn't know about. In the Off The Record radio show Dan posted, Botnick once again mentioned a recording from Fresno. Could this be an unheard tape from 1968 and, not as we all thought at the time of the BMR Sampler, a mislabel?
dj_vera

Post by dj_vera »

Porsche wrote:Getting back on topic because this is potentially the most interesting news going around at the moment, Jampol made a post recently claiming his favorite BMA release is between Detroit, Aquarius 1st show, and the upcoming release. If he's choosing IOW over either of those two shows, I'd be shocked. I'd also be surprised if he made a deal with Sony for the IOW audio and not the video. A joint release would make more sense. So what else could it be? Would he hype up a release of the Hollywood Bowl soundtrack or a Vince recording this much? He said the new release wasn't from the 1970 AL tour. I'm not sure he'd really make a big difference between the AL shows and other performances from 1970. So that leaves some potential. The Matrix material at last? Though if we take him at his word and "a concert CD" means one disc, I'm not sure they'd only release a Matrix compilation. So something from '67 or '68 that we've never heard of? Many tapes are said to exist, after all. It could be that they finally got their hands on something -- or had something in the vaults all this time that we didn't know about. In the Off The Record radio show Dan posted, Botnick once again mentioned a recording from Fresno. Could this be an unheard tape from 1968 and, not as we all thought at the time of the BMR Sampler, a mislabel?
I remember Jeff's original reply to a question about what his favorite concert was on the LL, and two shows that he mentioned that haven't been officially released as of yet were Vancouver and Matrix. I'm pretty certain it'll be one of those.

If it's indeed Matrix, then I'm betting it'll be sourced from the copies they own and not from the masters that Abrams owns. And I also think it will only be one disc
The Royal Sperm

vancouver or seattle? no great news, but at least BMA will release somthing else this year

but if is one 67 / 68 show i'll be reaaaally happy
www.KatRecords.com
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

Interesting point about Matrix. But after this legal mess they're still in the middle of with Wolfgang's Vault, would they really release the Matrix tapes without acquiring the masters? From what I understand, The Doors claim to have bought copies of the Matrix tapes believing they were the masters years ago. But they can't really use that defense anymore. The cat's out of the bag as far as who has the masters and who they have to make a deal with to release them. I'm not sure they'd dive into another legal mess over the Matrix tapes so soon after the ROTS verdict. (Though we should never underestimate.) I can see a big suit coming out of an unauthorized Matrix release that could suspend all future BMA releases. They'd be better off making an outtakes release if they didn't have anything else. This is assuming they haven't done the impossible and actually made a deal for the Matrix tapes.
dj_vera

Post by dj_vera »

Well here's hoping that they were able to work something with Abrams, whether it involved purchasing the masters or obtaining permission to use the copies they already own.

And if they didn't, they better at least be honest about it and scrap that bullshit scenario of Rothchild recording the shows. Hopefully, if the upcoming release is indeed Matrix, future releases won't be jeopardized because of legal complications.
glenn

Post by glenn »

Porsche wrote:He said the new release wasn't from the 1970 AL tour. I'm not sure he'd really make a big difference between the AL shows and other performances from 1970....
Am I reading into it too much, or did JJ drop a significant hint in post #3742 this morning?
When I was a kid, we used to put pennies on the tracks and watch them get smashed.
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

glenn wrote:
Porsche wrote:He said the new release wasn't from the 1970 AL tour. I'm not sure he'd really make a big difference between the AL shows and other performances from 1970....
Am I reading into it too much, or did JJ drop a significant hint in post #3742 this morning?
I think he's just trying to keep us guessing.
Chris M

Post by Chris M »

Did Jeff not say it wasn't a '70 show or did I dream that?

I sort of hope we get a comp of Vince's tapes as that may be our only chance at getting the missing Bakersfield tracks.
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

Yeah, might be just to keep us guessing. I'll admit, the way it's worded, it seems as if he's saying it's going to be Vancouver. But I'm not sure he'd give it away that easily. I'm still hoping it's not a '70 tape. Or if it is that it's a New Orleans or Dallas SB, heh.

Jampol said it was "not part of the 70 AL tour." So the question I raised before was whether he would distinguish between shows recorded on the AL tour and other shows from 1970.
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

There sure is a lot of anticipation being built up for it to come crashing down with a Vancouver release. If so, it'll be the first BMR release of a full show that has been available on bootleg for ages. I don't think that would impact sales of the phenominal Matrix tapes, but with yet another 1970 show you have to wonder. People who've had the show for years may not want to purchase it again, and people who purchased Boston and Pittsburgh may have grown a little skittish towards 1970 shows. Of course, Dallas '70 would be an exception as it's in mediocre sound quality and also has the L.A. Woman songs.
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

And if it is Vancouver, you know the peanut gallery will be right there to say THANKS! outstanding job!
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

Yes, especially the "I'm happy with any release period" head peanut. A+ :roll:
Bluecow2

Post by Bluecow2 »

It's Hawaii '70 in good quality remastered by Bruce. Thanks music god.
The Royal Sperm

Vancouver is an A++++++++ choice
www.KatRecords.com
The Royal Sperm

The Royal Sperm wrote:Vancouver is an A++++++++ choice

Really? are you insane? BS! :twisted:
www.KatRecords.com
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Bluecow2 wrote:It's Hawaii '70 in good quality remastered by Bruce. Thanks music god.
YAAAY! I can't wait to hear Light My Fire.

Bluecow2

Post by Bluecow2 »

This is the show that's being released. One of the songs....

http://rapidshare.de/files/40405891/tha ... e.mp3.html
dj_vera

Post by dj_vera »

TheDoorsMusic wrote:
Bluecow2 wrote:It's Hawaii '70 in good quality remastered by Bruce. Thanks music god.
YAAAY! I can't wait to hear Light My Fire.

Nice avatar Dan! I saw some chick with that same avatar on MySpace.
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Not part of MySpace. But, whenever I think of Pats Radio, I think of eww..

Last edited by TheDoorsMusic on Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.