Anyone want to guess what they next BMR release is?

All about the Bright Midnight Releases.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

LetsMoveGrooveRAMPAGE

Post by LetsMoveGrooveRAMPAGE »

They should have included the Cinematheque recording as part of that Jim Morrison scrapbook that came out a couple of years ago.
coltturkey01

Post by coltturkey01 »

wow, would be great to have this someday...
lovemygirl
Banned

Post by lovemygirl »

i'm happy this release is get'n an officail release, albert king and the doors...primo stuff, but i was told and additional release some time next year is a primo suprise, something everybody s gonna be happy, but, lets wait and see.....
lizardkingteo

Post by lizardkingteo »

Hope is not Seattle , do you know anything more ?
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

lovemygirl wrote:i'm happy this release is get'n an officail release, albert king and the doors...primo stuff, but i was told and additional release some time next year is a primo suprise, something everybody s gonna be happy, but, lets wait and see.....
The thing is The Doors and the management, sometimes revealed a certain ignorance about what the fans know... So I fear that what they classify as "prime surprise" may after all be something already known. Still, the way you describes this eventual release leave us with a feeling of curiosity and expectation.
Buda

Post by Buda »

lovemygirl wrote:i'm happy this release is get'n an officail release, albert king and the doors...primo stuff, but i was told and additional release some time next year is a primo suprise, something everybody s gonna be happy, but, lets wait and see.....
I'm afraid if they will do release the fine Matrix tapes then they would find it useless to release another 1967 show in the same year. In every sense, the '67 Fillmore/Winterland tape could be the only thing near primo. Musicwise.
Lost Prophet

Post by Lost Prophet »

With Matrix and Vancouver being released, I think Doors management still has something in their vaults, possibly Fillmore '67.The only question is, will they dub the tape with John's drums or not.We can only guess, but I don't see any reason why Fillmore shouldn't be released.I would add the release of Stockholm '68, would like to see that show released from Elektra or Bright Midnight, but I doubt it will happen.
Buda

Post by Buda »

Yeah Stockholm is unfortunately an ever-present idea that never materialised though it must have been released officially long time ago. Chances, if there's still any of a possible release seems to be going away by every given day as again, there are some releases ahead.
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

Not this again. More vague and anonymous rumors?
Buda

Post by Buda »

Just my two cents.. :wink:
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

Buda wrote:Just my two cents.. :wink:
I wasn't talking about your comments, Buda. It's of course fine for everyone to speculate about the next release and that's what this thread is all about. But when people come here saying they "know" what the next release is and it's going to be amazing, unheard, a great surprise, fans should look forward to it, etc. and then it turns out to be Vancouver, it gets a little old to see it spring up again right away from the same anonymous source. Why get everyone's hopes up for no reason? Management doesn't even know if the Matrix will definitely be coming out next March so how can an anonymous source already know what's coming after that? But I guess anyone can say the next release will be "amazing" and eventually they'll turn out to be right. I just don't trust unnamed sources.
Lost Prophet

Post by Lost Prophet »

How great any release can be, depends mostly on what you expect.For some fans who haven't heard Vancouver, it is a big release.For those who are really big fans, my opinion is Fillmore '67 is a great release.But, as I said, it depends on what you expect.
lizardkingteo

Post by lizardkingteo »

Len if you're talking about me , I said exactly what I ve heard , that this years release gonna be great , I didn't know which was it , I just knew the management would release this year a live album , and the person who told me this said that it would be great . I share with you only what I honestly knew. And it turned out to be Vancouver . I do not spread any rumours about a great release , just what I was told .hope I don't get misunderstanding
lovemygirl
Banned

Post by lovemygirl »

...all i heard was there is a release planed for next year that is not available officialy thru the doors music company ( minus Vanc.).... heard or unheard i can't say, but i think to most doors fans, hardcore and not, its good news...i'm pretty sure most fans will be happy with whats planned, or planing to be released thru BMA... bMA is far from being dead...im not trying to start rumors, just wanted to share what i've heard thru the grapevine....
hardrockcafe

Post by hardrockcafe »

IMO, the most likely candidate releases for 2011 are: a) Matrix, b) Bakersfield and c) Hollywood Bowl companion CD to go with re-edited Blu-Ray.

I doubt they'd release Seattle 70 in 2011 given it's a subpar (they have better material) and it's widely circulated. Fillmore 67 is only half the show and missing tracks -- they'd probably save this for a box set or something given it's incomplete nature.

Stockholm would be welcome, but there is no evidence they have or will acquire it.
MajorMojo

Post by MajorMojo »

Lost Prophet wrote:The only question is, will they dub the tape with John's drums or not.We can only guess, but I don't see any reason why Fillmore shouldn't be released.I would add the release of Stockholm '68, would like to see that show released from Elektra or Bright Midnight, but I doubt it will happen.
The recently overdubbed harmonica on the FF boxset by John Sabastian was met with a positive reaction all around.

IMO, the Fillmore show shoudl be a bonus feature on a DVD/Blu like H-Bowl. Technology allows stereo mixes with and without new drums, as well as surround mixes. Offering isolated lead vocals for Filmore and H-Bowl would be another nice touch. I also think adding an easter egg featuring the audience tape of H-Bowl on the Blu would be neat trick, partly to confirm what lead vocals were actually sung that night. Jampol was offered the audience master for free and declined.
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

I agree with the Vancouver release and I think both Stockholm and Matrix releases would honour the band. Seattle '70 would be a disaster. Bakersfield it's on the same level as Pittsburgh unless Light My Fire and The End (allegedly on the 2nd tape) are great versions. In fact these two songs are the key element to make this a most wanted official release. Love me 2 times from this show it's a great version so it's really possible that the two last songs are also very good. So,

Official releases (not necessarly in this order): Vancouver '70; Matrix '67; Fillmore '67; Stockholm '68; Bakersfield '70; Isle of Wight '70; Roundhouse '68; Hollywood Bowl '68; FoF & HWY; Jim's poetry sessions (agreement with Morrisons/Coursons); Outtakes.

Downloads: Seattle '70; Hawaii '70

Still plenty of stuff.
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

If they have some great tracks from not so great concerts, I would like to see a release of those as kind of a new AL album... but not until all the good/great concerts have been released, no way until then... and maybe not even then lol. Oh and only if there were enough great tracks!
Starting pre production on a sketch show. More soon.

Follow me on twitter @purplesheepprd
Liberty Man

Post by Liberty Man »

Silver Forest wrote:Bakersfield it's on the same level as Pittsburgh unless Light My Fire and The End (allegedly on the 2nd tape) are great versions. In fact these two songs are the key element to make this a most wanted official release. Love me 2 times from this show it's a great version so it's really possible that the two last songs are also very good.
I respect your point of view but I can't agree, for me Bakersfield is far better than Pitts.
The beginning of RHB is difficult for Jim but the Rap and end of track are good renditions.
AS is good also, Old Stone Road is a unique piece, the jazzy UM is superb, WTMO is a very good one and as you said LMTT is great.
And the band play very well together giving the impression they had done several rehearsals before the cancelled 2nd european tour.
I am most impatient to listen to the end of the show than every other release.
Unfortunately the cut of the beginning of RHB and the problems of the left channel make a commercial release of poor quality for such a band.
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

hardrockcafe wrote:Stockholm would be welcome, but there is no evidence they have or will acquire it.
I haven't heard anything about Stockholm either, but it wouldn't surprise me if they managed to acquire these tapes at some point for release (if they haven't already). It just seems logical to go after them considering they aren't from 1970 and the quality is superb. I'd love the copies we have a lot more if they weren't drenched in noise reduction and the tape speed was consistent.
Liberty Man wrote:the problems of the left channel make a commercial release of poor quality for such a band
Vancouver has the same audio problems. At least on the bootleg copy. Check out "Love Me Two Times" and you'll hear similar audio dropouts. I wonder how Botnick managed to fix them? Maybe the same way as the Bakersfield track, by going mono? Or we can hope the master doesn't have those problems. It'll be interesting to hear how Vancouver sounds after Botnick has worked on it compared to the bootlegs we've heard for years.

I have to agree that Bakersfield is a much better show than Pittsburgh. "Universal Mind" is just great.
Encuentro

Post by Encuentro »

Porsche wrote:
hardrockcafe wrote:Stockholm would be welcome, but there is no evidence they have or will acquire it.
I haven't heard anything about Stockholm either, but it wouldn't surprise me if they managed to acquire these tapes at some point for release (if they haven't already). It just seems logical to go after them considering they aren't from 1970 and the quality is superb. I'd love the copies we have a lot more if they weren't drenched in noise reduction and the tape speed was consistent.
Do you think they're reluctance or possible reluctance to acquire this show is based on the audio problems in WTMO from the 1st show? If they were to acquire this show, if they haven't already, would they leave the problems as is or would they try to fill in those areas with parts from other shows as they've done in the past?
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

A great surprise for next year would be the release of one of the 12/67 Winterland shows. It's not out of the question, as the Vault has already made available five recordings of other artists from the six-day run of shows that began with the Doors on the bill. That includes two Chuck Berry sets, two QMS sets, and one Jefferson Airplane set.
Frequincy

Post by Frequincy »

Porsche wrote:It'll be interesting to hear how Vancouver sounds after Botnick has worked on it compared to the bootlegs we've heard for years.
This is exactly my feeling on this release, and I'm actually really curious to hear what Botnick has come up with.
He is the Last Dinosaur!
Lost Prophet

Post by Lost Prophet »

Porsche wrote: I have to agree that Bakersfield is a much better show than Pittsburgh. "Universal Mind" is just great.
I like Bakersfield very much.They were all very well prepared and some great improvisations make this show excellent.I agree with you Len, "Universal Mind" from this show is the best version of all.What an improvisation in the middle!Just great!
Encuentro

Post by Encuentro »

Here is the cover for Vancouver.
http://www.brightmidnightarchives.com/
desertlizard

Post by desertlizard »

tnx any Bigger size anyonE?
Carnival dog
lizardkingteo

Post by lizardkingteo »

nice
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

Coming you way.
I like it =)
lizardkingteo

Post by lizardkingteo »

is this pic published i cant recall seen this ..
Encuentro

Post by Encuentro »

lizardkingteo wrote:is this pic published i cant recall seen this ..
Yes. It's in The Doors: The Illustrated History.