Anyone want to guess what they next BMR release is?

All about the Bright Midnight Releases.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

sam004 wrote:
Porsche wrote:
cutis wrote:Porshe, why didn't you just mail your 2nd gen DAT source to Jeff???
-SNIP
The Matrix tapes are the biggest Doors bootleg set on the market. If he didn't know songs were missing, he could have easily asked fans on the message board about them and pooled together everyone's collective knowledge to insure they had all the songs and in the correct order. Instead, Jampol ignored fans' wishes because he's a bottom line man. He wants what will sell best. A 2-CD mix of songs from the Matrix will sell well next to similar Joplin and Hendrix live releases from the same period. The complete tapes? I guess he prefers to leave them for the

bootleg market.
I think we are missing an important point. By leaving songs off this release, it leaves room for another release. Vol 2 or a deluxe box set where you have to buy the same songs again. Look at past history.
Newly discovered tracks :)
dj_vera

Post by dj_vera »

Not when Jeff is claiming that's all they have. We all know it's bullshit though. The rumor is supposedly that Manzarek doesn't want duplicate tracks for the release. It makes no sense that he wouldn't since we got duplicate tracks with all the other A-L concerts. And they're already gonna be in enough hot water after releasing this since they're using some sort of legal loophole to get it released (they don't have Abram's permission to release it!). Jeff is claiming that Rothchild compiled this compilation "sometime after March 10, 1967" and has always meant for this to be released as we are getting (track listing, sequencing, etc.). Yet Jeff said that Rothchild's notes for the Matrix recordings won't be included with the liner notes (according to Jeff, we're not getting a booklet this time). Well I hope "Rothchild" used the March 10th version of I Can't See Your Face In My Mind!

When and if they release Stockholm, they'll do the same thing. Can't wait to hear what excuse they come up with this time!
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

dj_vera wrote:Not when Jeff is claiming that's all they have. We all know it's bullshit though. The rumor is supposedly that Manzarek doesn't want duplicate tracks for the release. It makes no sense that he wouldn't since we got duplicate tracks with all the other A-L concerts. And they're already gonna be in enough hot water after releasing this since they're using some sort of legal loophole to get it released (they don't have Abram's permission to release it!). Jeff is claiming that Rothchild compiled this compilation "sometime after March 10, 1967" and has always meant for this to be released as we are getting (track listing, sequencing, etc.). Yet Jeff said that Rothchild's notes for the Matrix recordings won't be included with the liner notes (according to Jeff, we're not getting a booklet this time). Well I hope "Rothchild" used the March 10th version of I Can't See Your Face In My Mind!

When and if they release Stockholm, they'll do the same thing. Can't wait to hear what excuse they come up with this time!
So, you're expecting we will have a similar situation with Stockholm?

Going back to Matrix, I'm not so sure. Rotchild compiled this tapes so they said. Also the vaults, from what it seems, are still being explored. Again,who knows if they will discover the original tapes from which Rotchild compiled this one. Expect the unexpected. :shock:
The Royal Sperm

Post by The Royal Sperm »

the stockholm tapes have some legal issue? i think they already have maters of that shows, and i really hope that they wont mutilate that shows (we can petition the lord with prayer)
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
dj_vera

Post by dj_vera »

The Royal Sperm wrote:the stockholm tapes have some legal issue? i think they already have maters of that shows, and i really hope that they wont mutilate that shows (we can petition the lord with prayer)
They only have the master clones. And we all know that they can't make a release out of those because of the noise reduction that has been applied to 'em.
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

Stockholm would just be the Late Show with "Love Street" and "The Unknown Soldier" imported from the Early Show and some of Jim's "turn down the lights" dialogue cut to fit everything on a single disc. No sense in making it two discs for a couple "Celebration" segments and duplicate songs, one of which is a version of WTMO without vocals. The excuse would probably be "flaws with the Early Show master."
The Royal Sperm

if that happens i'll cry like a baby :cry:
www.KatRecords.com
Chris M

Post by Chris M »

If they really have a source that is significantly better than what circulates and it only has those performances then I can understand why they wouldn't want to drop in the missing performances from a substandard source. I can also understand why they would want to release a 2CD set instead of a 3 or 4CD set. I just wish they would level with on the source they are using. I don't buy the Rothchild story.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Speaking of Stockholm, no one should expect an official release of this material anytime soon. After the Matrix debacle, it won't be surprising if the band holds off on releasing non-AL tapes for an extended period of time. Does Jampol really need the aggravation? The band makes money off of their publishing and hits compilations of master studio recordings. These archival releases aren't big ticket items for the band's financial future. Clearly The Doors have other priorities like constant reissues and Converse shoes.
lizardkingteo

Post by lizardkingteo »

midnightx wrote:Speaking of Stockholm, no one should expect an official release of this material anytime soon. After the Matrix debacle, it won't be surprising if the band holds off on releasing non-AL tapes for an extended period of time. Does Jampol really need the aggravation? The band makes money off of their publishing and hits compilations of master studio recordings. These archival releases aren't big ticket items for the band's financial future. Clearly The Doors have other priorities like constant reissues and Converse shoes.
Sad truth!Nice said
phoenixone

Post by phoenixone »

Imagine NO on the net.What a bad publicity for them.
Pats Radio
Banned

Post by Pats Radio »

BallroomDays67 wrote:Oh man. Jeff could take a dump on Pats Radio's head and he'd think it was fantastic. :roll:
Oh My God Ballroom you're such a tool. Grow up. :lol:
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

King Morrison

Post by King Morrison »

How many unreleased shows Doors have, which they propably wont publish? I just wonder...if they have what fans want, why the hell they wont push that material into publicity?

BMA sucks...
universalmind69

Post by universalmind69 »

Considering the subject it actually is :lol:
Pats Radio
Banned

Post by Pats Radio »

This is Kool-Aid City here I see. Gotta love it.
universalmind69

Pats Radio wrote:This is Kool-Aid City here I see. Gotta love it.
never tasted Kool-Aid but I love it here still...it's so liberating and free of certain things :mrgreen: No spin, Pats.
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

Dann :lol: the :D makes it complete :lol:
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

Image NO!

3 posts? That was fast :lol:
The Royal Sperm

Silver Forest wrote:Image NO!

3 posts? That was fast :lol:
must be a record
www.KatRecords.com
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

Well, he had it coming didn't he. Only here to cause endless trouble. Not good. Too bad he decided to play that way, he could have learned so much here.
Image Pats.
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

I wonder if he felt alone at the LL...
universalmind69

ah, that's nice...good riddance :lol: Thanks Dan!
The only thing that dickhead does is provoke, kiss ass and be a douche "my 2 cent"...no spin :mrgreen:
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

No Spiiin!
Last edited by Silver Forest on Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

Pats Radio wrote:
BallroomDays67 wrote:Oh man. Jeff could take a dump on Pats Radio's head and he'd think it was fantastic. :roll:
Oh My God Ballroom you're such a tool. Grow up. :lol:
What do you mean? I really believe that.
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

Pats now spins in another forum.
violentblossom

Post by violentblossom »

Good riddance. :wink:
"The eyes that actually saw the light melted out of sheer ecstasy. For one instant, everybody was the same color. It made angels out of everybody.?
desertlizard

Post by desertlizard »

box set FF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carnival dog
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

The Royal Sperm wrote:if that happens i'll cry like a baby :cry:

Regarding Stockholm; yes that would suck if they take chunks of it out....or even the early performance entirely.

I just recently got the entire performance that is out, and I have really REALLY taken a liking to this one. =)
dj_vera

Post by dj_vera »

Lauren wrote:
The Royal Sperm wrote:if that happens i'll cry like a baby :cry:

Regarding Stockholm; yes that would suck if they take chunks of it out....or even the early performance entirely.

I just recently got the entire performance that is out, and I have really REALLY taken a liking to this one. =)
Yeah it'll be a miracle if and when this is officially released.