Riders On The Storm

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

I have a new Topic on the forum called "When the lights go out" were people can discuss bootlegs and recordings the hardcore way!
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
doorman

Post by doorman »

I didn't mean a personal attack or to sound harsh or rub anyone up the wrong way,I know there are people here in the 'higher up' bracket of Doors recordings.
What I was getting at was people saying "you'd be amazed what's out there,this exists,that exists,there is more material uncirculating than circulating<<(I find this one a big call..and very hard to believe)"
To the people in the higher up bracket,have you actually heard/seen the things that you say "exist"?,i'm not talking about a few audience recordings that don't circulate,i'm talking about things that would "blow us away" when compared to other artists of that time.

example.

from the Doors message board a while back

Person A."Does Toronto 1969 exist on film?"

Person B(from higher up bracket)."Most definately,how many times do you have to be told and how many threads do we need about this"

Person A.Sorry,much respect sir Person B,have you seen this footage yourself?

.....no reply....

Seems like The Doors management are crying out for people to aproach them with material,but like they say,no-one has,going by what's happened with other bands and complete DVD concerts appearing in bootleg form(Led Zeppelin,Knebworth 1979 etc) points to one of 2 things

-People are sitting on recordings in some fantasy world expecting them to be worth a huge amount one day
-The shit actually doesn't exist all

I tend to believe the later,if bootleggers or private collectors can't make a deal with record companys the shit surfaces anyways,and I aint seen shit,well nothing that "blows me away"
Prove it,no one is asking for a copy,anyone's name or phone number,just some proof,post a 2 second clip or frame from a show.

myths I reckon
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

doorman wrote: Seems like The Doors management are crying out for people to aproach them with material,but like they say,no-one has,going by what's happened with other bands and complete DVD concerts appearing in bootleg form(Led Zeppelin,Knebworth 1979 etc) points to one of 2 things

-People are sitting on recordings in some fantasy world expecting them to be worth a huge amount one day
Bullshit.
If you can't make a deal (The Doors have proven themselves incapable) you won't have proof.
In some cases you have instances of people who have seen, and heard things but when they cannot pull it straight out of their ass they get jumped on by people screaming "Prove it! Prove it!"
A similar thing happened with the Matrix tapes.
The actual taper sent The Doors a sampling of the material, in very high quality, to prove he was the real deal.
5 years later, they deny he exists.
Same shit, different day.

They know where to find shit.
Just can't play nice or reasonable.
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

doorman

Post by doorman »

jim4371 wrote:
doorman wrote: Seems like The Doors management are crying out for people to aproach them with material,but like they say,no-one has,going by what's happened with other bands and complete DVD concerts appearing in bootleg form(Led Zeppelin,Knebworth 1979 etc) points to one of 2 things

Bullshit.
If you can't make a deal (The Doors have proven themselves incapable) you won't have proof.
In some cases you have instances of people who have seen, and heard things but when they cannot pull it straight out of their ass they get jumped on by people screaming "Prove it! Prove it!"
A similar thing happened with the Matrix tapes.
The actual taper sent The Doors a sampling of the material, in very high quality, to prove he was the real deal.
5 years later, they deny he exists.
Same shit, different day.

They know where to find shit.
Just can't play nice or reasonable.
See,this is an example of what i'm talking about.
Everybody knows about the bad deal with the Matrix tapes,couldn't come to an arrangement,but yet the whole lot is out there(how it got out there and who's to blame who cares),a higher quality audio recording isn't going to "blow me away".
I'm talking about complete pro-shot live concerts like which have surfaced from every other band around that time,whether it be bootleg or not.
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

Read the linked post above you.
There is proshot footage and accompanying soundboards, they know where to find it (or who can help them find it) but don't.
doorman

Post by doorman »

Yeah,I just did(not before posting),cheers

& peace