Wonderland Avenue

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

Stuart

Wonderland Avenue

Post by Stuart »

Vince, What do you think Of Danny Sugerman's Book "Wonderland Avenue"? ,Also, did you get on with Danny"Back In The Day"?.
vince

Sugarmans book

Post by vince »

I have not read the book at all. It was likely released when I was out of the country, which has been quite a bit since 1987. About 12 years or so.

I understand it is his biograpy. I can't think of anything about his life that would be so spectacular that he should have a book published except the fascination of some of the public about anyone who was connected with the Doors. We know that was definitely NOT Danny Sugarman since either Jim was committing statuatory Rape or someone is lieing. Danny was too young to be anyone's close friend or "Confidant". He was just a kid when the real action was ongoing.

I am sure that this book is another spider web of fiction, half truth and a litle grain of reality here and there.

I am sure that Bill Siddons would have a far more interesting story to tell. His life as the Manager was anything but dull.

Did I get along with him.

Danny was just a kid who hung around the office/studio after school. He didn't bother me. He did not participate in any of my activities. He was not obnoxious, impolite or anything ususual. If it was not for his fairy tale book (Books) and his involvement with Ray he would have passed into obscurity.

Danny was far more associated with Leon than with me. Were Leon Bernard asked, he would probably paint a rosy picture of Danny because that is the way Leon is. That does not mean that it is truth or fact. Only Ray is qualified to tell how Danny became involved with the Latter day Doors affairs.

Thanks again Stuart for your participation in the Forum

By the way, I cannot tell you how upset Puss was when I explained that you guys blamed her typing on a Nanny Goat. Now she refuses to help me when I fall asleep. I never should have let her read those comments.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors