Jeff Jampol

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

Stuart

Jeff Jampol

Post by Stuart »

Vince,From what you have read and heard what are your views and perceptions of the current doors manger Jeff Jampol?.

IMO He is just an Inflated sycophant of Ray's.
vince

New Manager

Post by vince »

Stuart:

I have no idea of this guy. I am living and working in Korea. I am not interested in entertainment news gossip. I have not seen any commentary about him in this, or any other forum, I have visited.

I have no opinions other than his message suggesting that I said bad things about people who have not said anything bad about me. He also spoke of what a great guy Siddons is - at this time - not when he was the Doors Manager.

He did not say that I had ever worked for the doors in competent form, or that Siddons had fired me.

Has anyone speculated why Bill Siddons, the most acceptable choice of the Doors for Manager, did not continue in this capacity after Jim's death. If he was such a wonderful guy, why was he replaced by Sugarman. OR - if there was a reorganizational period, why was he not invited back to do the job that Sugerman did?

In fact Ray was not that satisfied and there was an incident between Bill and the Boys. That allowed Sugarman to step in until his untimely death.
It is also likely that Sugarman had a more developed idea for empire building than Siddons that appealed to Ray.

It is possible, from the way he spoke of me and about the other friends of Rey, that he is a boot-licker. I cannot judge except by the brief posting he made. I find this speculation about these new people entertaining. They know nothing of the old guard and we, know nothing about them.

Opps, I dozed off and puss wrote someof this. Gotta go
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors