Weirdest Doors Memorabilia?

What Doors items do you have in your collection?

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

BrysonK

Weirdest Doors Memorabilia?

Post by BrysonK »

Just wondering what everyone would consider there 'weirdest' or most obscure Doors or Doors related memorabilia would be...?

I grabbed some dirt from Danny's grave in LA.. still have it..
Also torn down some sort of Whisky A Go-Go set-list/flyer's that were taped up behind the building..
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

I do not have a collection like you guys do. But my most special item must be a cassete from the Doors my sister wanted to throw away and I fought her to have that tape as she did not want to give it to me.
I hit a tooth through her lip and she pulled out some hairlocks of mine but I had and still have the tape. :lol: Woohoo. =)
The Royal Sperm

Post by The Royal Sperm »

MistyJm wrote:I do not have a collection like you guys do. But my most special item must be a cassete from the Doors my sister wanted to throw away and I fought her to have that tape as she did not want to give it to me.
I hit a tooth through her lip and she pulled out some hairlocks of mine but I had and still have the tape. :lol: Woohoo. =)
girls fight! girls fight!

maybe the weirdest thing that i have could be a sign of rick manczarek
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

Hehe :lol: . I'm glad you won! :lol: So that means your sister doesn't like The Doors? :lol:
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

Nope she thinks they are dirty. :lol:
But she hates me too so it's all good. =)
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

Image :lol:

So what is your weirdest item SF? :D
I think this is a great thread Bry.
universalmind69

Post by universalmind69 »

don`t really know what my "weirdest" item might be.....hmmm
universalmind69

oh, now I know....The Doors- Live at the Matrix 1967
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

ha ha ha

Mine is probably this
No idea why someone had Ray sign a Mahavishnu Orchestra record, but I have no doubt that it's real.[/img]
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

MistyJm wrote:Image :lol:

So what is your weirdest item SF? :D
I think this is a great thread Bry.
Eeeehhhh, I thought this Imagecould be easily my weirdest item but I give up in acquiring it. :wink:

edit: I took too long to post I ws uploading the photo and voila universalmind69 arrived first... :mrgreen:
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

MistyJm wrote:I do not have a collection like you guys do. But my most special item must be a cassete from the Doors my sister wanted to throw away and I fought her to have that tape as she did not want to give it to me.
If you had kept the hair that your sister "acquired', misty...you just might have had the weirdest Doors related memorabilia !!
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
vince

Memorabilia

Post by vince »

Likely it is payroll checks from the Doors accountant. Perhaps the check stubs form DOORS PRODUCTION - the Oliver Stone movie.

I have many documents that were used as part of preparations for road trips.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

jamestkirk wrote:
If you had kept the hair that your sister "acquired', misty...you just might have had the weirdest Doors related memorabilia !!
:lol:
desertlizard

Post by desertlizard »

jim's hair or something
Carnival dog
Lauren

Re: Weirdest Doors Memorabilia?

Post by Lauren »

BrysonK wrote:Just wondering what everyone would consider there 'weirdest' or most obscure Doors or Doors related memorabilia would be...?

Also torn down some sort of Whisky A Go-Go set-list/flyer's that were taped up behind the building..
You know you can buy "Doors Dirt" for-- I think its like $5-$10 at the Norton Ave Apt? When they re-did the back area they left a pile of dirt. There are even cameras up watching you so you dont steal it.......

If I remember correctly MADAME Cherry Woods has an ebay store where she sells this dirt.

(and no, I did not buy the dirt)
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Cheri also gave tours of the Norton apt. for $9.95 at one time.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/16431

Cheri was also renting out the place in 2008.

http://www.cabinsbyowners.com/info.php?id=228
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

TheDoorsMusic wrote:Cheri also gave tours of the Norton apt. for $9.95 at one time.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/16431

Cheri was also renting out the place in 2008.

http://www.cabinsbyowners.com/info.php?id=228
Its $10 now.....yaaa I took the tour so I could get in the back and see the place. Its also not a 'tour' per say..you get a piece of paper where Cheri talks about herself for a while and then how she bought the apartment and then 'magically' found out Jim lived there at one point. So its a self-guided tour with a piece of paper. So i guess I could say my wierdest thing is owning a $10 piece of paper talking about Jim, Patricia, and Jim's nearby ladyfriend whom he would visit to take baths with b/c her bathtub was bigger...???
You can get more tours if you pay more.....but I just toured everything on my own.

And to rent it out is a helluva lot more than the Alta C.-- so I would only do that place for like one night.
I am sorry but that lady is a little bizzare.....and her daughter follows her lead....she lives in the first apt. as you enter the gate. I think she may be a jazz singer?
jamestkirk

Re: Weirdest Doors Memorabilia?

Post by jamestkirk »

Lauren wrote:
BrysonK wrote:Just wondering what everyone would consider there 'weirdest' or most obscure Doors or Doors related memorabilia would be...?

You know you can buy "Doors Dirt" for-- I think its like $5-$10 at the Norton Ave Apt? When they re-did the back area they left a pile of dirt. There are even cameras up watching you so you dont steal it.......

If I remember correctly MADAME Cherry Woods has an ebay store where she sells this dirt.

(and no, I did not buy the dirt)
Guess Mon's sister was right, Lauren....the Doors ARE dirty!!! :wink:
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

hehehehe.....

I will bring in the paper and scan it at work. It talks about the 'dirt' and how one will never know what remenants they will find in there.
I was thinking remenents? Like what? A hair? Maybe a fingernail clipping??

I think it is worth the time to read.....some of is solely humorous and some of it is pretty interesting. However, hard to tell if these things stated are true.
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

I could check for DNA on the jewelry boxes that I have from Pamela. :wink:
Weird enough?
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

thefreed wrote:I could check for DNA on the jewelry boxes that I have from Pamela. :wink:
Weird enough?
Ya, get the CSI team to sift through the mems.

-Aldous Huxley
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

They already did.... :wink:

Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
universalmind69

thefreed wrote:They already did.... :wink:

nice crib, Ed :mrgreen: make sure they don't find that other stash box now.... :lol:
MysticHeatedWine

Post by MysticHeatedWine »

I don't know if this counts as weird, but I have an album cover for the first album that was used as a prop in the Doors movie. It's pretty cool since, other than having the actors' faces on it instead of the band members all the other details are exactly the same.
"I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I see no lasting energy in the truth and the truth is this: Truth and Energy elicited by the stoned."
Jim Morrison, Los Angeles, 1968
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

MysticHeatedWine wrote:I don't know if this counts as weird, but I have an album cover for the first album that was used as a prop in the Doors movie. It's pretty cool since, other than having the actors' faces on it instead of the band members all the other details are exactly the same.
That's COOL! :mrgreen:

-Aldous Huxley
violentblossom

Post by violentblossom »

MysticHeatedWine wrote:I don't know if this counts as weird, but I have an album cover for the first album that was used as a prop in the Doors movie. It's pretty cool since, other than having the actors' faces on it instead of the band members all the other details are exactly the same.
definately cool. :D
"The eyes that actually saw the light melted out of sheer ecstasy. For one instant, everybody was the same color. It made angels out of everybody.?
anytimecowboy

Post by anytimecowboy »

I have the mt alverno review,
'I've seen the future brother, it is murder'...
'whole new strange catacombs of wisdom

'''''We want Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque and we want it now''''
universalmind69

If I'm to pick a weird/obscure/special piece of Doors related memorabilia it has to be, no..not the Matrix release as I stated earlier :lol: but a letter from Jerry Hopkins in which there is an argument wether or not he borrowed several Doors live tapes from the recipient of the letter which he supposedly never returned.This was related to the research for his upcoming NHGOA book...

That's probably the weirdest/strangest Doors related memorabilia I have.

Oh...the other thing that's strange about my Doors collection is that I have waaay too much to have everything stored properly :lol:
violentblossom

Post by violentblossom »

universalmind69 wrote:If I'm to pick a weird/obscure/special piece of Doors related memorabilia it has to be, no..not the Matrix release as I stated earlier :lol: but a letter from Jerry Hopkins in which there is an argument wether or not he borrowed several Doors live tapes from the recipient of the letter which he supposedly never returned.This was related to the research for his upcoming NHGOA book...

That's probably the weirdest/strangest Doors related memorabilia I have.

Oh...the other thing that's strange about my Doors collection is that I have waaay too much to have everything stored properly
:lol:
i'll take it off your hands. :D
"The eyes that actually saw the light melted out of sheer ecstasy. For one instant, everybody was the same color. It made angels out of everybody.?