Weirdest Doors Memorabilia?

What Doors items do you have in your collection?

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

universalmind69

Post by universalmind69 »

ok, here ya go--------------what a relief.. :lol:
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

I still need to catalog all my stuff. Got the 45's done (finally).
universalmind69

I'm organizing my memorabilia as well, it's a pain in the ass and takes up a lot of time...but it's Doors so it's all good anyway :lol:
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Oh yes. =)
violentblossom

Post by violentblossom »

universalmind69 wrote:I'm organizing my memorabilia as well, it's a pain in the ass and takes up a lot of time...but it's Doors so it's all good anyway :lol:
what kind of stuff do you have and how much do you think you've spent on it?

i'd love some memorablilia, but i don't have thousands to spend, unfortunately, so have nada. :(
"The eyes that actually saw the light melted out of sheer ecstasy. For one instant, everybody was the same color. It made angels out of everybody.?
universalmind69

violentblossom wrote:
universalmind69 wrote:I'm organizing my memorabilia as well, it's a pain in the ass and takes up a lot of time...but it's Doors so it's all good anyway :lol:

i'd love some memorablilia, but i don't have thousands to spend, unfortunately, so have nada. :(
photos, negatives, slides, magazines, books, posters, handbills, tickets etc.Pretty much everything there is to collect except for records/45s, I do have the BOT pic sleeve and a few other 45s, LP's and stuff but I never really got into it.
I don't even want to think about the total of what I've spent..."the horror.." :lol:
violentblossom

Post by violentblossom »

universalmind69 wrote:
violentblossom wrote:

photos, negatives, slides, magazines, books, posters, handbills, tickets etc.Pretty much everything there is to collect except for records/45s, I do have the BOT pic sleeve and a few other 45s, LP's and stuff but I never really got into it.
I don't even want to think about the total of what I've spent..."the horror.." :lol:
Oh, wait! I have the WYS doc poster, does that count? :)
"The eyes that actually saw the light melted out of sheer ecstasy. For one instant, everybody was the same color. It made angels out of everybody.?
lizardkingteo

Post by lizardkingteo »

I would say the weirdest doors thing that i have is a bust of Jimbo ,universal i have a quite big collection myself but i hadnt consider to buy any negatives ,about how much did you spend for them ,i would say about 1000-2000$ ?
King Morrison

Post by King Morrison »

TheDoorsMusic wrote:I still need to catalog all my stuff. Got the 45's done (finally).
So, i guess you have plenty of them? :lol:

Haha, i have 200 Door LPs now, not catalogued, but its helluva job :roll:

About my collection...im specialized on vinyl and posters, not original posters, but just ones you could hang on your wall :mrgreen:

Reason why i love vinyls, is that they are like piece of art, cds are just cold plastic boxes, no heart in them...its electrifyin to hold original first pressing :wink:

How old are you guys? I think it has something to do with the size of Doors collection =) Im 20-->200 albums :lol:
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Hi Tomi. Nice to see you posting here again. I have 170 doors 45's and still collecting. I have about 80 LP's but it's all about the quality and rareness and not the quantity, right. :wink:
King Morrison

Post by King Morrison »

170 45s is amazing collection :D I prefer both, luckily ive had lots of cash to spend on my hobby so its great to have such an large amount of records, plus its good to have many duplicates in collection, so you can trade or sell albums :P
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

Mines not too weird, it's an orange vinyl of Soft Parade.

Edit: Actually I bought a CD which I have never listened to as I just can't bring myself to! I laughed so hard when I saw it, I had to buy it. It is called... I Can't Believe it's not the Doors!
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

violentblossom wrote:

I hear that! :lol:
I think I blow all my $$$ on seeing memorabilia and venues (and drinking at them) than on actually buying anything.

I have a number of posters, not originals, and that Doors Dirt I bought from Cheri Woods....... (JOKE =) )

The pops has a number of Doors LP's he is holding out on.....but I will get them soon enough I hope. :D
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

I got many CD's and books, and a lot of photo's.
I want to expand my collection to vinyl.
And maybe for the first time ever since being a Doors fan wich has been since the age of 16 buy a Doors T shirt. :lol: I never did. It might be fun to buy one. One I actualy fit in and wont drown in.
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

MistyJm wrote:I got many CD's and books, and a lot of photo's.
And maybe for the first time ever since being a Doors fan wich has been since the age of 16 buy a Doors T shirt. :lol: I never did. It might be fun to buy one. One I actualy fit in and wont drown in.
I found some good fitting womens t-shirt on ebay....but I do know its hard to find 'fitted' ones as all of them seem to be super baggy.

I have one with Alabama Song lyrics on it that is like an off the shoulder 80's style shirt....I really like it =) :lol:
King Morrison

Post by King Morrison »

I warn you...when getting into vinyl, say goodbye to your money :lol:
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

King Morrison wrote:
I warn you...when getting into vinyl, say goodbye to your money :lol:
Oh lol thanks Tomi. My bank account thanks you too for the warning. :lol:
I first have to buy a really good turntable. I have one, but it is really old.
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

Lauren wrote:
I found some good fitting womens t-shirt on ebay....but I do know its hard to find 'fitted' ones as all of them seem to be super baggy.

I have one with Alabama Song lyrics on it that is like an off the shoulder 80's style shirt....I really like it =) :lol:
Exactly Lauren. If I am gonna buy one I want a nice one. And not one I can swim in. Off shoulder is great. There are shirts with Doors song lyrics on it? :-o
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

$80 for a Doors T shirt? :shock: That's crazy. No way.
They are not gonna get that money from me for a fuckin shirt. :lol:

Yes links will be great, thanks so much Lauren. :D

But the way I love the 80's off shoulder look. Or a top with something from the Doors on it would be cool. Gonna have a look around.

That's awesome you have friends who love the Doors also. My Dutch ones do not.
If I would give them a Doors present like a shirt they would problaby burn it or use for cleaning windows. :(
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

MistyJm wrote:$80 for a Doors T shirt? :shock: That's crazy. No way.
They are not gonna get that money from me for a fuckin shirt. :lol:

Yes links will be great, thanks so much Lauren. :D

But the way I love the 80's off shoulder look. Or a top with something from the Doors on it would be cool. Gonna have a look around.

That's awesome you have friends who love the Doors also. My Dutch ones do not.
If I would give them a Doors present like a shirt they would problaby burn it or use for cleaning windows. :(
Well the friends I have dont't "love" the Doors :/ ....they just liked the song after I made them listen to it over and over and over. It tunred into an inside joke between us after many of late nights.

So they were basically voulenTOLD to wear the shirts and like them =)

So yes, if I ever move back "home" to KC.....I highly doubt that I could drag anyone back out to CA with me. :(
Oh well...I will live it up while I am still here as much as I can. :mrgreen:

EDIT: and actually the only women's t-shirt they have up right now on the Doors site is $99!!!!
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

You got your friends as far as liking a Doors song. I did not even got that worked out. :lol:

You make the best of your time close to CA Lauren. And I am sure you are always welcome in CA even if you live in another state in the future.
There are always friends welcoming you back for sure. :D
King Morrison

Post by King Morrison »

Look what i got from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0327307701

Rare?? It has some autograph, made by Ray or not :D
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

I have no idea if it's rare or not. The guys can answer that. But congrats Tomi with another item to your vinyl collection. :D It's great seeing so much passion go in to it.
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

King Morrison wrote:Look what i got from ebay:

Yes, rare on Vinyl and it looks like a real Ray autograph to me. I have this show on CD.
King Morrison

Post by King Morrison »

Anyone here have this 4x7"s radio station hit singles kit?

I have that 1981 Elektra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records, Printed in USA.

Singles are Elektra Spun Gold Series:

Light My Fire
Love Me Two Times
Touch Me
Hello, I Love You
Riders On The Storm
Love Her Madly
People Are Strange
Not To Touch The Earth

Contains greeting card, signed by Burt Stein (Vice President/Promotion Elektra/Asylum Records
King Morrison

Post by King Morrison »

TheDoorsMusic wrote:
King Morrison wrote:Look what i got from ebay:

Yes, rare on Vinyl and it looks like a real Ray autograph to me. I have this show on CD.
Thanks for expertise Dan :D
King Morrison

Post by King Morrison »

Not strange, but my funniest piece of Doors collection :lol: Cigarette box, with integrated lighter :doob:

What are you specifically collecting from Doors? During years, ive gone into vinyls and posters/wall flags and other little items, as not so valuable.
When Im sad, she comes to me, with a thousand smiles, she gives to me free... Its alright she says its alright, take anything you want from me, anything... anything.
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

I though it would be nice to post. My first Doors item ever from long ago. Not rare or anything but I shed blood and pulled hair for this tape. I am still proud I won and still have it. :lol:

TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Cool. =)
manuel08

Post by manuel08 »

MistyJm wrote: My first Doors item
me too.