An Important Message From Vincent Treanor III

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

The Freedom Man
Site Owner

An Important Message From Vincent Treanor III

Post by The Freedom Man »

This is a message to all members of the Forum contained on this site. I have written this as a result of comments by The Doors (Ray Manzarek and Robby Krieger) about my postings related to the activities, decisions and behavior of certain members of that group and their former management. The exact phrase used was "Dirty Laundry."

Evidently, some members of this Forum have taken my comments and responses posted on this private Forum and placed them on the official Doors site. This should never have been done. That site belongs to, and is about, the maintenance and propagation of the current mystique of The Doors, principally Jim Morrison.

I am asking all of you, as faithful and interested members of this Forum, to cease and desist from placing any replies I have made to your questions or any independent comments I have made that directly concern members of The Doors and their management, on the Doors site or on any other site concerning or related to The Doors.

This is a request, not a demand, by me. It is also an official directive (demand) from the current Doors manager of their privately owned and maintained site. It is their right to impose this condition, regardless of whether you agree or not.

The alternative to this is that this Forum, provided for you to ask questions and get answers that you cannot get elsewhere, will be disassociated from the Official Doors Forum.

If the members of this private forum cannot respect the seriousness of this situation and fail to maintain the privacy of this site, and the censorship of the Lizard Lounge, I will be forced to cease and desist from responding to any further questions.

I want every member of this forum and all who might have read my responses to your questions to understand one point clearly -- there are three living members of The Doors. I have the highest regard for them as musicians and as people, now, as much as I did 38 years ago. In life, we all make good and bad decisions that affect ourselves and others. The Boys and their staff, including myself, have all had our share of good and bad decisions. We are all human. We are all fallible. I did not intend to offend or insult anyone through my commentary -- especially Ray, John and Robby. I did intend to tell the truth about things that did happen and the consequences we all suffered as a result. If that is offensive, insulting or injurious, that is regrettable. But it is the truth though it reveals that there was a human element, aside from the antics of Jim, involved in the demise of The Doors.

My sincerest apologies to Ray and Robby and most especially to John, for he is the only one who made any attempt to right a wrong done to me by Siddons -- with or without the consent or knowledge of the Boys. To those members of the Lizard Lounge that found my postings offensive, the truth hurts and if your delusional world has been shattered, what can I say. To all others, welcome to the Forum were the information is neither censored nor suppressed.

Vincent Treanor III