The Royal Sperm

Soft Parade Gold CD Remaster Pre-Order!

Post by The Royal Sperm »

Look what I found on cduniverse.com:

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7907299

Also on amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Soft-Parade-Doors/dp/B001UNSZSA

Due to be released on April 21st.

What about a box set of them? It will be better?

:roll:

About the label:

http://www.audiofidelity.net
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
The Royal Sperm

i hope that they announce MH too, but i do not have all cds, so i really expect a reissue of the other 4 albums :D
www.KatRecords.com
LetsMoveGrooveRAMPAGE

Post by LetsMoveGrooveRAMPAGE »

if the suggested retail price on Amazon for just 1 CD (SP) is $26.98, a box set of all in the Gold series would be expensive !
LetsMoveGrooveRAMPAGE

Jeff Jampol had mentioned that a few tracks without vocals would be included as bonus material. None are listed.
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

The Amazon tracklist looks tentative. They often do that with upcoming releases. I'd wait until we're closer to the release date for the final tracklist.

I don't get the point of instrumental versions. Is there really a demand for it? Why not throw in the isolated vocal tracks?
LetsMoveGrooveRAMPAGE

since it is $26.98 for 1 CD, they should include as much bonus material as possible
The Royal Sperm

well, i prefer no bonus tracks, love the way that the album is
www.KatRecords.com
The Royal Sperm

ok, more news

i contacted the label

morrison hotel is scheduled for may!!! great news, huh?
www.KatRecords.com
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

Stupid question I am sure.....:oops:

What will be the difference between these and the Perception albums?
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

The CDs on Perception were all 1999 remasters, save for the outtakes.
On the DVDs, they'd all been remixed to include things that weren't there before, including digital reverb.
The gold CDs are remasters from low-generation tapes, meaning that there is no remixing going on, just transferring from the way the albums were originally and preserving it on a durable format.
LetsMoveGrooveRAMPAGE

The Royal Sperm wrote:ok, more news

i contacted the label

morrison hotel is scheduled for may!!! great news, huh?
wow! how long had it been since the last Doors DCC Gold release ? 18 years or more?

now that the soft parade release is forthcoming, im remembering something posted on the Doors official messageboard a few months back that now foreshadows this release. there was a thread which mentioned that hoffman had sold (!) someone a CD-r of The Soft Parade DCC Gold.
anyone else remember this?
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

LetsMoveGrooveRAMPAGE wrote:now that the soft parade release is forthcoming, im remembering something posted on the Doors official messageboard a few months back that now foreshadows this release. there was a thread which mentioned that hoffman had sold (!) someone a CD-r of The Soft Parade DCC Gold.
anyone else remember this?
I don't recall if this was mentioned on the LL (it may have been), but I do believe Hoffman auctioned off some test pressings at one point himself, one of which was The Soft Parade. Can't remember if it was part of a lot or if they were sold off individually. Morrison Hotel is also "out there" from what I understand, but I can't imagine there's much value to either one of them anymore since they're getting an official release this year. It'd be nice to hear Hoffman's remix of the debut album for curiousity's sake. Not sure if he ever made copies of that for people since it was something he did on his own. I will say I think Jampol, who routinely calls himself a proud audiophile, is probably part of the reason SP and MH are finally getting released. He seems to be a fan of Hoffman's work and the remasters were already finished. The label just folded before they could be released (if I have my facts straight).
Chris M

Post by Chris M »

IIRC SH auctioned off test pressings of the DCC SP CD on two occassions. They don't circulate. There have been some fake DCC versions on torrents sites but they are just fan EQ'd versions of the remasters.

Steve said he was hoping to include some backing tracks as bonus tracks..
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

Chris M wrote:IIRC SH auctioned off test pressings of the DCC SP CD on two occassions. They don't circulate. There have been some fake DCC versions on torrents sites but they are just fan EQ'd versions of the remasters.
A couple of collectors have told me they have Hoffman's remasters of SP and MH, but neither would part with them for the world. This is what makes me think they really believe they have the genuine article and not something pulled off of a torrent site. Though, it could just as easily mean that they don't know what they have or are lying for their own reasons, and by "not parting with them" they don't have to prove they're real. Plenty of collectors have done the same thing when they claim to have a rare tape but never provide proof of it. I've never heard these supposed copies of SP and MH so they might not exist at all. I tend to side more with your knowledge of all things Hoffman than my own. I just find it funny that, if it's true, they're holding onto them like gold (pun intended) when they're getting an official release in a couple months.

Would those auctioned-off test pressings even have any collectable value now? As I remember, they sold for quite a pretty penny. (This is what made me believe that at least SP could be out there -- if the winner sold copies to people to help pay off the original.) If they're just on a CD-R, it seems like they'd be hard to prove they came from Hoffman. Unless he signed them or something? I don't really know how the whole Hoffman scene works or what Hoffmanheads would be interested in. I'm sure there's some kind of value to them.
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

The Royal Sperm wrote:well, i prefer no bonus tracks, love the way that the album is
I agree, spermy. The way it was meant to be!!

I like some bonus tracks such as on the Spirit CDs with tracks never released before...& they are great. But even then, as with Sardonicus, I will import and rip a CD with only the original LP tracks because of the perfection of it. Same with the Pretties "Sorrow' & Parachute". How can one stand to hear the final, beautiful track, "Loneliest Man In the World", followed by bonus tracks. Not me. So I just compile a bonus track CD of the Pretties or Spirit or whatever and the I'm HAPPY.

I would actually prefer separate releases of never before released material the way Spriit has done on "Model Shop" & "Eventide".

Guess it's my being raised on vinyl...hearing an album the way an artist meant it to be; with the tracks arranged as intended. I can only enjoy bonus material on another CD. I guess I am anal about it, because I never heard it growing up any other way and it's jarring with bonus tracks....

......but, hey spermy, are we the only two remaining purists here? I think not. I'm guessing Ed and Dan and a few others that love vinyl feel somewhat the same way??!! :wink: :D

I think the best issue recently was the LoVE Forever Changes Collector's Edition with the first CD containing the original album without enhancement.....just as intended. And a second CD with the complete Forever Changes LP consisting of alternate takes, and some bonus material. Imagine a two CD set of each of the 5 Doors LPs. The first CD comprised of the original material gleaned from the 60's virgin tapes/masters......& with the second CD.....of perfectly wonderful alternate tracks of each song in the respective original LPs' track order!!! :wink: :mrgreen:

Also....available on vinyl, of course ! :wink:
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
LetsMoveGrooveRAMPAGE

If they do in fact include some bonus tracks without vocals, I sure hope it won't be the obvious choices like Touch Me or Wild Child. It would be great if they would include Shamans Blues and/or the title track itself.
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

jim4371 wrote:The CDs on Perception were all 1999 remasters, save for the outtakes.
On the DVDs, they'd all been remixed to include things that weren't there before, including digital reverb.
The gold CDs are remasters from low-generation tapes, meaning that there is no remixing going on, just transferring from the way the albums were originally and preserving it on a durable format.

Thank ya for the clarification!

much appreciated :D
The Royal Sperm

www.KatRecords.com
LetsMoveGrooveRAMPAGE

The release date has been pushed backed two weeks so it will be May 5th.
dj_vera

Post by dj_vera »

Although it's still listed on Amazon, I find it weird that any mention of the SP Gold CD is nowhere to be found on the official Doors website or on the Audio Fidelity site, considering the release is supposed to be four days from now. Also does anyone remember if it was stated that these two Audio Fidelity releases were going to be limited edition or not?
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

I agree, DJ. No mention of this release on the official website which, doesn't come to a big surprise for me. :roll:
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

Perhaps they're embarrassed to promote yet another iteration of the studio albums? In a span of 10 years, we've had the '99 remasters, '99 remaster CDs again with 40th anniversary mix DVDs, 40th Anniversary mix CDs, vinyl box set and Gold CDs. You can make a hobby out of collecting just the studio albums.
Last edited by BallroomDays67 on Fri May 01, 2009 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dj_vera

Post by dj_vera »

BallroomDays67 wrote:Perhaps their embarrassed to promote yet another iteration of the studio albums? In a span of 10 years, we've had the '99 remasters, '99 remaster CDs again with 40th anniversary mix DVDs, 40th Anniversary mix CDs, vinyl box set and Gold CDs. You can make a hobby out of collecting just the studio albums.
DMC embarrassed of promoting rehashes, never!
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

I read that the release was delayed but no specifics.

"The Doors "The Soft Parade" has been temporarily postponed... please stay tuned." - c. 04/22/09
dj_vera

Post by dj_vera »

Hmm...so the peeps that think they'll be receiving it around the 5th are in for some disappointment it seems.
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

CD Universe says the release date is 5/5/09 and Amazon.com says 5/12. Anybody know where else this CD will be sold?
LetsMoveGrooveRAMPAGE

Amazon now says 5/19
The Royal Sperm

LetsMoveGrooveRAMPAGE wrote:Amazon now says 5/19
fuck, i hate delays!
www.KatRecords.com
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

The Royal Sperm wrote:
fuck, i hate delays!

5/26-- Amazon
The Royal Sperm

Lauren wrote:
The Royal Sperm wrote:
fuck, i hate delays!

5/26-- Amazon
fuck, terrible news for me, damn damn damn! i wanted this one for my BD, now i won't get it :/
www.KatRecords.com