The Doors Bright Midnight Live Albums to Start With

All about the Bright Midnight Releases.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

Mystery Train

Post by Mystery Train »

I didn't go with the Matrix release, you guys bought it?
Besides that I got 'em all.
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

Mystery Train wrote:I didn't go with the Matrix release, you guys bought it?
No, I did not buy that one either.
I was under the impression quite a few people did not
StrangeNightOfStone

Post by StrangeNightOfStone »

Lauren wrote:
Mystery Train wrote:I didn't go with the Matrix release, you guys bought it?
No, I did not buy that one either.
I was under the impression quite a few people did not

I have it...the drop in sound quality from some songs is quite stark....'Crystal Ship' & '20th Century Fox' from the 7th sounds muffled..but 'Backdoor man' and 'Summer's almost Gone' from the 10th sounds crisp....

My impression from Jeff's postes on LL is that the incomplete Matrix release thats out right now will remain the 'official' Doors Matrix release, and any release of a 'complete Matrix' boxset would be a limited edition...

Now that the Doors own the master tapes of the Matrix performances, the logical thing to do is to discontinue the incomplete Matrix release, and replace it with a superior double cd of both complete Matrix shows (plus the incomplete 'The End' from the 9th as a bonus track)
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

That's probably what they'll do. The current release will remain the "official" one until a short time after the LE sells out. I don't recall how long it was before the modified Perception box was released, but it'll probably be around the same amount of time.
lovemygirl
Banned

Post by lovemygirl »

i think the first BMA matrix release will act as a best of, like they did with the "aquarius highlights" with all those seattle pop festival pictures...lol...besides the felt forum boxset, the matrix boxset is gonna be the next best release from BMA...early doors, at their best....
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

lovemygirl wrote:i think the first BMA matrix release will act as a best of, like they did with the "aquarius highlights" with all those seattle pop festival pictures...lol...besides the felt forum boxset, the matrix boxset is gonna be the next best release from BMA...early doors, at their best....
So looking forward to this one.
Sadly Jeff not yet answered Hardrock's questions towards the intrumental parts what they are and if they will be used.
At least I didn't see it. If he did I missed that post.

Exciting. =) I hope it wont be delayed and will be released next year.