Album-label variations, or just ones you LOVE!!

What Doors items do you have in your collection?

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

Thanks again, Ed!! :mrgreen:

Morrison Hotel is not rare, but I love the vinyl as you won't get the " one: Hard Rock Cafe" and " two: Morrison Hotel" labels on a CD. Pretty cool.

Neil Young's is the FIRST press with original mixes that was only pressed for a month or two...with the cover art sans "Neil Young" across the top...as if we wouldn't know it was a Neil LP!!!.

Always love the first press, first LP of Floyd!!

Beatles mono forever!

and the Stones is NOT a first press, but it is still very early (second) and I love those RED mono London labels...even if the ultramarine blue labels are beautiful too!!

Cheers ALL!! Any unusual Doors boot labels or others, guys??!! Oh I gotta get my rare Buffalo Springfield LPs up at Mon's post.....
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

TheDoorsMusic wrote:Nope. Not ever opening or playing it. It goes in the Gun Safe along with some of the other doors vinyl. :)
lol-- I have never seen one and when it came in the mail I wanted to soooo bad, I was just curious :lol:
But no--- never would I have ever :wink:
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Resisting was a good thing. :mrgreen:
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

TheDoorsMusic wrote:Resisting was a good thing. :mrgreen:
Oh I know--- i know the in's and out's.....but i was curious. =)
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

Close enough? :P should clean up the image but meh..
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

Sweet, Chris. >> Did you catch my post in "Do you play an instrument"? about the greatest bass player for my money....Jaco.........?!! Do you have his ST LP or his "How to play the bass" video?
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

I've seen a lot of his stuff, he's quite proficient, but I kinda hate his tone and his kind of music isn't really my type. Another guy like that is Victor Wooten, he's good but not really my type. Quite impressive though, of course.
As far as my favorite it's probably Les Claypool. But if we're talking about who I'd most like to be able to play like, it has to be Paul McCartney. He does it so effortlessly it almost makes me want to quit trying :lol: Jack Bruce had the same ease, but I prefer Paul's lines.
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

jim4371 wrote:I've seen a lot of his stuff, he's quite proficient, but I kinda hate his tone and his kind of music isn't really my type. Another guy like that is Victor Wooten, he's good but not really my type. Quite impressive though, of course.
As far as my favorite it's probably Les Claypool. But if we're talking about who I'd most like to be able to play like, it has to be Paul McCartney. He does it so effortlessly it almost makes me want to quit trying :lol: Jack Bruce had the same ease, but I prefer Paul's lines.
I agree about Paul. Just stood there smiling moving his hand up & down the neck like it was glass.
I saw Jack Bruce with Cream and he was truly amazing all right! His solo Lps are some of my favorites as I like his songwriting skills as well.

Speaking of glass neck guitars, Randy Holden (Blue Cheer) had always imagined how much more he could get out of his remarkable guitar playing if only the neck were really glass. A few years ago his wife gave him a custom made guitar with a GLASS neck.

And speaking of cool guitars...Billy Lee Janey of 70's Truth & Janey fame, & one of the most respected blues guitarists today, has had a custom EIGHT string guitar made with deeper bass strings than a standard six....

Here is his site......
http://www.thejaneys.com/music_Crazy8.html (Some LPs have samplers if you care to explore)

-Aldous Huxley
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Wish I had this one in the collection. Doors debut promo LP.

MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

How many of those excist D? I can imagine them being rare.
Looks good. :wink:
Yardbird

Post by Yardbird »

I've never seen that promo before either.
There's so much to find/collect.
I guess we just have to keep searching!