We want Vince! We want Vince! We want Vince!

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

laurel_canyon

We want Vince! We want Vince! We want Vince!

Post by laurel_canyon »

Just saying :)
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

I know.But for some mysterial reason he can't log in on the Forum.I gave him another password 'n all, but it didn't work.
I think he somehow choose not to come to the Forum again, he must have his reason for that.
But that's just a guess.
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
QueenOfTheHighway1971

Post by QueenOfTheHighway1971 »

Have you heard from Vince yet? It's been a long time since he wrote anything on the Forum... :(
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

I email with him on a regular base.I think the problem is that he's not allowed anymore by The Doors management to talk here, just a guess, but it seems like to me.
But he's always there to answer email from people.
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

thefreed wrote:I email with him on a regular base.I think the problem is that he's not allowed anymore by The Doors management to talk here, just a guess, but it seems like to me.
Cause of maybe future releases coming from Vince via the Doors management Ed?

Why on earth wouldn't he be allowed to post here otherwise? :shock:
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

I'm not sure if it this is the case, Monique, but he told something like "former staff who are not authorized to speak for the group".It could also be that he doesn't want to speak for the group.He only has his own memory of what happened.
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

thefreed wrote:I'm not sure if it this is the case, Monique, but he told something like "former staff who are not authorized to speak for the group".It could also be that he doesn't want to speak for the group.He only has his own memory of what happened.
Ah ok, thank you for answering Ed. :)
I do miss his posts though like everyone else here. Will you say hello to him from us please?
I lost his email. :oops:
StrangeNightOfStone

Post by StrangeNightOfStone »

thefreed wrote:I email with him on a regular base.I think the problem is that he's not allowed anymore by The Doors management to talk here, just a guess, but it seems like to me.

Is there bad blood there? I know there is between Vince & Siddons...but I thought at least John Densmore was in Vince's corner...

I would think Vince's discussing his own memories would not be 'speaking for the group'. He's a human being, and has the right to speak...
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Yes, I know.I really can't tell the reason why Vince is not posting here.
When Vince just joined the board there were people copying his posts to the LL.I got several emails from Dave D telling me the doors didn't appreciate Vince's comments!
He said The Doors management discussed my forum and Vince's posts on a meeting at Monday morning.I thought it was kinda cool to be an issue at their meeting! :lol:

Obviously they don't care for the truth and maybe Vince's truth wasn't good enough for keeping the myth alive about Jim being the Rock God over at the LL. From then on it was forbidden to discuss Vince's posts.
Weird, cause Leon Barnard never had those problems, only Vince.
Guess the truth doesn't sell...
StrangeNightOfStone

Post by StrangeNightOfStone »

thefreed wrote:Yes, I know.I really can't tell the reason why Vince is not posting here.
When Vince just joined the board there were people copying his posts to the LL.I got several emails from Dave D telling me the doors didn't appreciate Vince's comments!
He said The Doors management discussed my forum and Vince's posts on a meeting at Monday morning.I thought it was kinda cool to be an issue at their meeting! :lol:

Obviously they don't care for the truth and maybe Vince's truth wasn't good enough for keeping the myth alive about Jim being the Rock God over at the LL. From then on it was forbidden to discuss Vince's posts.
Weird, cause Leon Barnard never had those problems, only Vince.
Guess the truth doesn't sell...

Whether the Doors management likes it or not, Vince was a part of the Doors history-and a very important part in making the live performances come together...
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
QueenOfTheHighway1971

Post by QueenOfTheHighway1971 »

Well said!
Buda

Post by Buda »

If all this true, I must tell in my very humble opinion it's a shame. I personally like Vince. Telling this after reading everything he wrote here and what became pretty clear to me that without any posing 'I was the road manager' attitude (opposed to Ray or Sugerman). Without the touchable need of grabbing in Jim (leechin') like the ones at Doors management are doing for decades. And them now reacting like an ostrich tells it all... its a shame that the Doors so easily now live with the arms of censorship to maintain their reality. Gosh where are we?

On the other hand I remember why I collect Doors 'till Jim was around. With he passed away not just a vocalist but we lost (opposed that all four members were equal part of the band) the Voice. The lyricst, the mere soul, the image (NOT the lion shots) and the whole gist of the band that made the sparkle. The whole agenda behind the electricity. Live John, Ray and Robbie reacted only after Jim reacted. So this agenda died and now they are appearently doin' it without one.
Buda

Post by Buda »

Their story tells a very strange saga, perhaps the biggest rise and fall stories of all time. At least in rock history. Like a perfectly mended Greek myth. Which might have been sewed by Jim himself in the early parts, only the control fell out of his hands and the story wrote itself in its final stages. Very much from which one could learn a lesson.