downloads

All about the Bright Midnight Releases.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

anytimecowboy

downloads

Post by anytimecowboy »

there will be an on-line store to download live shows and make your own package. And lots more (ROBBY K)

from -

http://twitter.com/thedoors
'I've seen the future brother, it is murder'...
'whole new strange catacombs of wisdom

'''''We want Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque and we want it now''''
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

Again, the downloads are said to be "six months away" which is what we've been hearing for years. I'm not holding my breath. But that Q&A did reveal some interesting new info. I'll start a thread in the General Discussion area for all the new stuff mentioned.
anytimecowboy

Post by anytimecowboy »

I know there are a few pearl jam fans here, and most are aware of their live releases over the years, which the doors obviously cant compete with. I always buy what I deam as the salient releases of their live cds. But basically their downlaod service for shows is awsome and enviable, if the doors could do even 10% of what they do Id be happy. It goes to show what can be done. It must be even harder for PJ to offer the service that they do given they are a current band and record and sell 95% of the shows they do within 6 months of peforming, on cd or download. They have been doing it for 10 years now. Other bands do a similar thing but theirs' is top drawer.
They dont do older shows, only occassionaly as a special offer, and obviously thats the difference with what the doors would have to do, it would be all archive, and that is the rub. However, im just highlighting it as an example of what is possible. PJ are releasing the 4 shows from Philly last year as a 9CD box set next week. $60-£40, that is what I will buy from the set, that alone. If I was rich Id buy the lot, $400 box of an entire tour, but im happy with just enough.

'''''We want Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque and we want it now''''
antero

Post by antero »

anytimecowboy wrote:I know there are a few pearl jam fans here, and most are aware of their live releases over the years, which the doors obviously cant compete with. I always buy what I deam as the salient releases of their live cds. But basically their downlaod service for shows is awsome and enviable, if the doors could do even 10% of what they do Id be happy. It goes to show what can be done. It must be even harder for PJ to offer the service that they do given they are a current band and record and sell 95% of the shows they do within 6 months of peforming, on cd or download. They have been doing it for 10 years now. Other bands do a similar thing but theirs' is top drawer.
They dont do older shows, only occassionaly as a special offer, and obviously thats the difference with what the doors would have to do, it would be all archive, and that is the rub. However, im just highlighting it as an example of what is possible. PJ are releasing the 4 shows from Philly last year as a 9CD box set next week. $60-£40, that is what I will buy from the set, that alone. If I was rich Id buy the lot, $400 box of an entire tour, but im happy with just enough.
nice to see another PJ fan here, I ordered the box set aswell and plan to adquire at least the 09 empty box set to fill it with what I have.

This is the way to go with DMC, put every low gen audience/sbd songs they have and we don't in lossless download...a win/win scenario.
anytimecowboy

Post by anytimecowboy »

yeah man, did you ge the deluxe collectors ten boxset?

antero

Post by antero »

anytimecowboy wrote:yeah man, did you ge the deluxe collectors ten boxset?
off course and can't wait for the rest of the re-releases with the same super deluxe boxset treatment.

If you want pm me and I can forward you to the best torrent trackers dedicated to PJ for DVDs and audios. :wink:
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Downloads are coming? I haven't heard that one before....
anytimecowboy

Post by anytimecowboy »

I got it for £60, Im most looking forward to Vitalogy getting the box set treatment, cant wait. Hows your Pearl jam collection? mine is pretty much complete, in terms of official releases.

Buda

Post by Buda »

I have all as I bought it back in the days, got w singles, temple of the dog.. up until 2002. Somehow they turned mechinary from then on in my ears. I love Yield for instance and would be happier to have a box set friom that one than Vitalogy. Strange huh? :mrgreen:
Buda

Post by Buda »

Also, who's the drummer now, as Cameron is back in Soundgarden again!
antero

Post by antero »

Buda wrote:Also, who's the drummer now, as Cameron is back in Soundgarden again!
Cameron is still the PJ drummer and i don't see him leaving the band, Soundgarden is the half time job for him I believe.

I pretty own everything related to PJ and my only regrets could be my loss chanve to adquire some vinyl releases like the benaroya Hall 4 LPs boxset...but besides some old pressings vinyls I do have all the studio albums, 90% singles cds, 60 % 2000 official releases silver CDs, 40% 2003 silver Official releases, 100% burn from Kufala 2008 boxset CDs, and still counting.

I'm a very active DVD author and researching for tapes in the PJ community, look for DVDs authored by Animal Projects to see what we did or look at my website video tab under PJ for more info about what's circulating.

For me Pearl Jam is the best band from my generation (X) along with some others like Nirvana and grunge heroes like AIC.
Buda

Post by Buda »

Great collection! I'd certainly look into more of the nineties stuff and grab some! ;)

I never understood what was the problem always with PJ drummers. and what was the reason they kicked out Yield drummer Jack Irons?

There was the first SG show over at dime a few weeks ago and it was really great only Cronell's voice... I don't know how Matt feels but if both bands touring... certainly he's engaged to SG as well as he wouldn't bothered this current, historical reunion with SG then... is PJ functioning now in terms of touring or in studio?
antero

Post by antero »

Buda wrote:Great collection! I'd certainly look into more of the nineties stuff and grab some! ;)

I never understood what was the problem always with PJ drummers. and what was the reason they kicked out Yield drummer Jack Irons?

There was the first SG show over at dime a few weeks ago and it was really great only Cronell's voice... I don't know how Matt feels but if both bands touring... certainly he's engaged to SG as well as he wouldn't bothered this current, historical reunion with SG then... is PJ functioning now in terms of touring or in studio?
active touring and will release an EP anytime during this fall HOPEFULLY

The drummers problems is easy to clarify:

1. Dave Krusen was not qualified for the group expectations and was left over.
2. Dave Abbruzzese never get Ed Vedder's confidence and their relationship were full of internal frictions and was in fact fired by the band (Ed) and replaced by Ed longtime friend and who referred him to the band
3. Jack Irons left the band to dedicate himself to his family.
4. Matt Cameron, part of the family tree band and active drummer to this time.
Buda

Post by Buda »

Thanks for telling the facts antero! I very much loved Irons style and the way he approached things.
anytimecowboy

Post by anytimecowboy »

Good man Antero, I have every official release except the just breathe single. I dont have the christmas singles, and as I stated before I only collect the MAIN tour cds, you will know what they are. Im trying to get a vitalogy minidisc at the moment.

The Royal Sperm

Post by The Royal Sperm »

about digital dls i see that rhino is offering FLAC lossless (as Hi-DEF) so that must be great for any doors DL
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
dj_vera

Post by dj_vera »

The Royal Sperm wrote:about digital dls i see that rhino is offering FLAC lossless (as Hi-DEF) so that must be great for any doors DL
Yeah DMC should really be utilizing this service for certain recordings that aren't deemed commercially releasable (i.e. Fillmore '67, Paris Blues, Colorado College '67, Bakersfield if it's not gonna get released on a physical CD release).
StrangeNightOfStone

Post by StrangeNightOfStone »

dj_vera wrote:
The Royal Sperm wrote:about digital dls i see that rhino is offering FLAC lossless (as Hi-DEF) so that must be great for any doors DL
Yeah DMC should really be utilizing this service for certain recordings that aren't deemed commercially releasable (i.e. Fillmore '67, Paris Blues, Colorado College '67, Bakersfield if it's not gonna get released on a physical CD release).
Plus Seattle '70
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
dj_vera

Post by dj_vera »

StrangeNightOfStone wrote:
dj_vera wrote:
Plus Seattle '70
Kinda hoping that Seattle and Vancouver at least get physical CD releases, but yeah Bakers should as well. But in case they don't, FLAC remasters would be more than welcome. I know a lot of people aren't fans of Seattle in particular, but it's the best SOUNDING of the three and most of the boot sources don't do it justice (with the exception of a couple of vinyl boots), so we need a master sourced upgrade. Perhaps Vancouver's master tapes sound better than the One Hundred Minutes boot as well?
Mouseofzen

Post by Mouseofzen »

What is the latest on the downloads? Now 2011 and have not heard squat in a while
dj_vera

Post by dj_vera »

Not a damn thing, but I think they should consider utilizing Rhino's lossless downloads for stuff they don't want to press on CD.
mystery_train67

Post by mystery_train67 »

dj_vera wrote:Not a damn thing, but I think they should consider utilizing Rhino's lossless downloads for stuff they don't want to press on CD.
word up