Did Vince see WYS? if so, what did he think?

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

StrangeNightOfStone

Did Vince see WYS? if so, what did he think?

Post by StrangeNightOfStone »

If anyone knows Vince, could you ask him if he saw WYS, and if so- what did he think?
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
violentblossom

Post by violentblossom »

I'll ask. :)
"The eyes that actually saw the light melted out of sheer ecstasy. For one instant, everybody was the same color. It made angels out of everybody.?
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

Just heard from Vince, all is well, andstil building Organs.
He said he's trying to get back on the Forum again.He had problems to log in here, some PC problems.
Anyway, hope it works out and we ee Vince here back soon.
In the meantime he's always there to answer emails from people.
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
Buda

Post by Buda »

Great news! There is a question here and there in my head but if he'd be able to login here that would be just awesome to start a flow.

First I'd ask a question regarding his essay "1968 MARCH – FIRST MAJOR TOUR - TERRY POHL" which starts like this:
"The first major road trip of 1968 came in March, with the first performance in Rochester, New York on March 16."
That, what was the reason Hamilton (at Colgate University on March 15) been left out? Merely by forgetfulnness or this gig was not really part of the tour? Seems not an important one, but Vince could surely help us in locating the tours if not by dates as memories are hazy but by any other clues he would mention describing how they were put together even after this first major tour...
StrangeNightOfStone

Post by StrangeNightOfStone »

My question for Vince is short and simple- if he could pick a favorite memory of his time working with the Doors, what would it be?
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
Buda

Post by Buda »

Hi Vince, I hope, if you haven't seen WYS yet, you will have the chance soon. Up until then here's you from
the Bowl footage for my major surprise. I saw this guy walking infront of the camera... I said why is this guy is so familiar to me!? :mrgreen: