Post-Forever Changes Albums

Michael Stuart-Ware (drummer on LoVE's classic albums Da Capo and Forever Changes) and Johnny Echols (lead guitarist and co-founder of LoVE) have joined us here on the Forum to answer your questions about their time with LoVE.At this moment they are not active as members and are not answering questions but I'm proud to have them both aboard at The Freedom Man Forum!

Moderator: The Freedom Man

BallroomDays67

Post-Forever Changes Albums

Post by BallroomDays67 »

Are there any songs on the later Love albums that were worked on to any degree during your time with Love? Tracks like "Listen To My Song", "Gather 'Round" and "I'm With You" sound like they could have been written during that time.
Last edited by BallroomDays67 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Echols

Post by Johnny Echols »

We worked on Gather Round, He knows a lot of Good Women (Scotty's Song,) and several others, mostly from Four Sail. The titles as released, and the working titles are different, so I'd have to listen to the cd's to know which ones. JE.
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

Were those all from around the time of "Your Mind and We Belong Together"? Do any go back to the "Forever Changes" rehearsals? Were any considered for the b-side of the "Your Mind..." single? I think "Your Mind..." is a phenomenal song, and your guitar work is amazing...love Michael's drumming too.
Johnny Echols

Post by Johnny Echols »

Thank you, Yes... most of them were from the time of Your Mind and WE. That was one of my favorite guitar solo's. The majority of the time, b sides were chosen, without a lot of consideration. We owned the publishing, on all of the songs, so it really didn't matter money wise, which song was chosen. JE.