Miles Davis

Michael Stuart-Ware (drummer on LoVE's classic albums Da Capo and Forever Changes) and Johnny Echols (lead guitarist and co-founder of LoVE) have joined us here on the Forum to answer your questions about their time with LoVE.At this moment they are not active as members and are not answering questions but I'm proud to have them both aboard at The Freedom Man Forum!

Moderator: The Freedom Man

The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Miles Davis

Post by The Freedom Man »

How was it working with Miles Davis and on which LP's can you be heard?
Was there ever a Tour planned?
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
Johnny Echols

Re: Miles Davis

Post by Johnny Echols »

The Freedom Man wrote:How was it working with Miles Davis and on which LP's can you be heard?
Was there ever a Tour planned?
Miles and I had known each other for years, since back in the day when Love was at Bido Lito's. When I moved to New York, we would often get together, and noodle. We discussed working together, many many times. So In the late seventies, Miles wanted to end a several year hiatus, and start playing again. We tried hooking up with, "urban street musicians." The project was ill-conceived, and never got past the rehearsal stage. Miles played a few notes, and soon left in disgust. I listened to the tapes, and there was nothing there except noise. There was absolutely nothing worth hearing again. And I trust they are decomposing in a land fill somewhere. There are no commercially available recordings, of Miles and I anywhere!!! JE.
_Devoid_

Post by _Devoid_ »

and how was Miles as a man?
Johnny Echols

Post by Johnny Echols »

_Devoid_ wrote:and how was Miles as a man?

Actually Miles was a very intelligent person, who was very curious, and aware of everything. He did not "suffer fools gladly." So he was hard to get to know, and could be a bit difficult. If he was approached the wrong way, by the wrong person, he would "go-off," and often did. JE.
_Devoid_

Post by _Devoid_ »

Thanks Johnny
Miles davis was musically a genius, no doubt
Johnny Echols

Post by Johnny Echols »

_Devoid_ wrote:Thanks Johnny
Miles davis was musically a genius, no doubt
I agree!!! JE.