The best time to have lived....

Michael Stuart-Ware (drummer on LoVE's classic albums Da Capo and Forever Changes) and Johnny Echols (lead guitarist and co-founder of LoVE) have joined us here on the Forum to answer your questions about their time with LoVE.At this moment they are not active as members and are not answering questions but I'm proud to have them both aboard at The Freedom Man Forum!

Moderator: The Freedom Man

jamestkirk

The best time to have lived....

Post by jamestkirk »

I hope everyone feels that way about their time...the HERE & NOW; but I can't help feeling that growing up in the 60's was the best time, it was our music. It was all new, the golden age.

After all, this forum is about that time & two of those rock pioneers.

There are many very good artists today, of course, performing and writing, & if they are inspired by the 60's, that is all the better and more accessible for me anyway.

Nothing I can imagine can equal hearing Peter Paul and Mary - my first album purchase; then Dylan-for the first time, the Beach Boys & The Beatles, the Stones or the Yardbirds....I remember hearing Love on the radio---that wildly creative cover of "Little Red Book"! What a time.

Are there any memories of hearing a song or rock group when growing up (maybe back at Dorsey High?) that you experienced that had that lightening-bolt jolt for you? Johnny& Michael?

Anyone else that would like to share their moment. please do. (there may be more than one Doors moment here!)
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
Johnny Echols

Post by Johnny Echols »

There was no one song, or group of songs, that played a significant role in Arthur's, or my, musical experience. What made living, and playing music in those times, is the collective attitude that permeated the "air". There was such a strong competitive thing happening. Everyone wanted to push the envelope. As far as most "players" were concerned, it was about the music... Period!

We were living in a kind of Renaissance, where Jazz, R&B, Soul, Folk, Rock, and Pop.... you name it, all coexisted at the same time, and had a place on the radio. We were exposed to such a wide variety of sounds, it truly was an exciting time to be alive. JE.