In honor of Robert Rozelle

Michael Stuart-Ware (drummer on LoVE's classic albums Da Capo and Forever Changes) and Johnny Echols (lead guitarist and co-founder of LoVE) have joined us here on the Forum to answer your questions about their time with LoVE.At this moment they are not active as members and are not answering questions but I'm proud to have them both aboard at The Freedom Man Forum!

Moderator: The Freedom Man

jamestkirk

In honor of Robert Rozelle

Post by jamestkirk »

From what little I have seen in documentary, but have heard his music much on Black Beauty.....Robert was a good man and a fine musician.

He was in the LA music scene back in the day I believe.

Any stories or thoughts you would like to share, Johnny or Michael?
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
Johnny Echols

Re: In honor of Robert Rozelle

Post by Johnny Echols »

jamestkirk wrote:From what little I have seen in documentary, but have heard his music much on Black Beauty.....Robert was a good man and a fine musician.

He was in the LA music scene back in the day I believe.

Any stories or thoughts you would like to share, Johnny or Michael?

I didn't really know Robert all that well. He attended Dorsey high, with Arthur and Me. And I believe he went to junior high school with Arthur as well. We chatted on several occasions. And I found him to be a very intelligent Man, with a great sense of humor. Robert was a journeyman bass player, who was very active in the LA music scene. By the time he began playing with Arthur, I had already moved to New York. He was a much loved Husband, Father, and Grand Father, and a fine musician. He will be missed! R.I.P Robert.
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

I didn't realize that Robert attended Dorsey at the same time as Arthur & you. I knew that the surrounding neighborhood was an area where musicians of all eras had or continued to reside....so your getting into music was natural as breathing.
At least that is my impression.

Was your family musical, at least in the way that Arthur's was...with great music playing on his mother's phonograph day and night.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
Johnny Echols

Post by Johnny Echols »

Mom was into old school blues, and country. Pops was a jazz man. There was always some kind of music playing at our house. My father thought television, was some kind of Government brainwashing device, so we rarely had one. Arthur's mom gave birth to him in her late forties. So she was best friends with my grandmother. They were both school teachers, as is my mother. Grammy played the banjo and grandpa kicked it on harmonica, so music was part of my world, day and night. JE.