Love & Elliot Murphy

Michael Stuart-Ware (drummer on LoVE's classic albums Da Capo and Forever Changes) and Johnny Echols (lead guitarist and co-founder of LoVE) have joined us here on the Forum to answer your questions about their time with LoVE.At this moment they are not active as members and are not answering questions but I'm proud to have them both aboard at The Freedom Man Forum!

Moderator: The Freedom Man

jamestkirk

Love & Elliot Murphy

Post by jamestkirk »

I am wondering if any of you Love members knew/know Elliot Murphy? He was part of the Morrison, Zappa Canyon crowd, hanging at the Zappa cabin I understand. Still making a lot of new music today....

Murphy lives in Paris now, though, of late, he is more in the USA to be with his son who is attending college here for a degree in music.

A bit of Murphy to jog the memory...some nice harp playing here....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYod2Qwu ... re=related
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
Johnny Echols

Re: Love & Elliot Murphy

Post by Johnny Echols »

jamestkirk wrote:I am wondering if any of you Love members knew/know Elliot Murphy? He was part of the Morrison, Zappa Canyon crowd, hanging at the Zappa cabin I understand. Still making a lot of new music today....

Murphy lives in Paris now, though, of late, he is more in the USA to be with his son who is attending college here for a degree in music.

A bit of Murphy to jog the memory...some nice harp playing here....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYod2Qwu ... re=related
I'm sorry, but I don't recall knowing anyone named Elliot Murphy. Though I [we] knew many many people by sight, and not by name, and would often refer to them with the generic "bro." He could have very well been one of them, if he was part of the scene at the time.