Warm Up/Work Out

Michael Stuart-Ware (drummer on LoVE's classic albums Da Capo and Forever Changes) and Johnny Echols (lead guitarist and co-founder of LoVE) have joined us here on the Forum to answer your questions about their time with LoVE.At this moment they are not active as members and are not answering questions but I'm proud to have them both aboard at The Freedom Man Forum!

Moderator: The Freedom Man

silentseason

Warm Up/Work Out

Post by silentseason »

Questions for Michael only.

In the traditional rock line up the drummer arguably has the most physical job. The queries I have for Michael regard this. Prior to a gig I was wondering if there was any kind of special warm up routine ( i.e. either some form of stretching, meditatation, taping your hands, etc...) that you had (or still have) that you use to get you ready to play.

The other question is if you can remember a specific gig or gigs where either due to the temperature, songs played, energy output or some other element(s) that left you completely drained physically.
You set the scene
MichaelStuart-Ware

drumming work out

Post by MichaelStuart-Ware »

To Silentseason...

I never taped my hands. I just had calluses, and playing drums is so physical, it's the best workout, but that being said, every drummer would be better if he or she maintained a healthy lifestyle, including eating the right food, avoiding tobacco, alcohol and drugs, getting plenty of rest and a short daily workout, especially if you are not playing drums every day.