1969 April 28 NYC, PBS Television Studios, Critique show
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:29 pm
Hi Vince,
There was another thread about this 4-5 years ago but you missed it for some reason, so I thought I should give a try.
I've been thinking about this performance the band pulled off after Miami and judging by the film we are lucky to have, it seems Jim was not really into the thing (only later, by time they arrived to the last song, the Soft Parade) I guess for various reasons, that could either be the aftermath of the first proceedings of Miami (on April 14 in LA) or other things, a big night out in NYC the night before? I'm curious if you could recollect anything specific that happened the day before that might count in this aspect, Jim's mood or even his opinion on the show Critique before or after filming, if it was an obligatory thing to do in the big space that Miami caused or else maybe... even the interview that followed with Richard Goldstein, a band favourite music journalist the following day.
Thanks again for your time and efforts!

There was another thread about this 4-5 years ago but you missed it for some reason, so I thought I should give a try.
I've been thinking about this performance the band pulled off after Miami and judging by the film we are lucky to have, it seems Jim was not really into the thing (only later, by time they arrived to the last song, the Soft Parade) I guess for various reasons, that could either be the aftermath of the first proceedings of Miami (on April 14 in LA) or other things, a big night out in NYC the night before? I'm curious if you could recollect anything specific that happened the day before that might count in this aspect, Jim's mood or even his opinion on the show Critique before or after filming, if it was an obligatory thing to do in the big space that Miami caused or else maybe... even the interview that followed with Richard Goldstein, a band favourite music journalist the following day.
Thanks again for your time and efforts!

