Page 1 of 1
Cow Palace 1969 - The Soft Parade (live)
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:02 am
by hardrockcafe
Hi Vince
Can you share your recollections about the 1969 Cow Palace gig in San Francisco? Did the band perform The Soft Parade (the song) at this show?
Thanks!
Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:08 am
by hardrockcafe
Vince
Didn't you do some 16mm filming at this show? If so what happened to the footage? What was the film originally intended for? Has it ever been released?
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:02 pm
by lizardkingteo
Hello Vince how are you? Hope youre doing well in Korea. How does the organ building goes ? I have toured Europe and now i am
heading back to Greece , have seen a lot of these enormous instruments and i must say they are huge and very complex instruments , very well crafted and beautiful. I wonder how long does it take to learn to play this kind of instrument.
As far as CP concert is concerned , will you ever / do you have already visited the place where you have stored it tp see If the tape is ok? Will you / do you have already transfered it to digital format?
Some other questions if youre able to answer them:
Do you remember how long does the tape(s) run?
Was it a good performance?
If i may ask what are your plans with the footage , selling it to the management , keeping it , sharing it , selling it to some collector . ?
Have you shot another concert except Cow Palace ?
Thanks Vince
Best regards from Greece , your autograph is still hanged on my wall .
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:31 pm
by lizardkingteo
just bumping the thread in case you missed it Vince .
Let us know about another holy grail ( 16mm footage of Cow Palace to me is certainly a holy grail )
thanks
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:32 am
by coopenstein
[quote="lizardkingteo"]just bumping the thread in case you missed it Vince .
Let us know about another holy grail ( 16mm footage of Cow Palace to me is certainly a holy grail )
Yeah, anymore info regarding this footage would be highly appreciated... Does anyone else know how the quality is supposed to be, and how long it might be...?
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:00 pm
by Buda
400 feet of 16mm silent color footage (12 minutes) shot from the stage by Vince Treanor. Although Vince parted with the recordings (audio) he made of Vancouver, Seattle and Bakersfield in 1970, this mid-1969 film remains his personal property.
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:36 am
by coopenstein
Buda wrote:400 feet of 16mm silent color footage (12 minutes) shot from the stage by Vince Treanor. Although Vince parted with the recordings (audio) he made of Vancouver, Seattle and Bakersfield in 1970, this mid-1969 film remains his personal property.
Thanks for the info Buda. Been away for the forum for a while, so I am not in on all the details discussed here.

But I suppose we have asked Vince about, and he has comfirmed he still has it, but not interested in releasing it in any way...?
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:30 am
by mystery_train67
I think he wants to sell it to the highest bidder. We talked about pooling money together and buying it that way, but for some reason Vince wanted to sell it to one person and one person alone.
Correct me if I'm wrong?
Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:16 am
by vince
Hello Forum People:
I still have the footage. It is in a vault in LA. I think it should be passed along as I am getting on in years. I have not considered how I should dispose of it. I know several people would like to have it. Once again, it is 16MM, silent, taken from the floor of the hall in front of the stage. The camera was hand held and the images quite steady. It runs about 11 minutes in all and remains in a single piece.
Much of the equipment I had was stoled form my house by my landlady or her children. I still have mikes and some other things - 6 slides in Hawaii.
My problem - I don't want to travel. I used to love it, even the wait in the airport. The plane, the movies, meals and occasional friendly smile form the stewardesses. Now, just the thought of going through the "Screening" is enough to keep me earth-bound.
I am not apathetic - rather indecisive - and a long way from access.
Your thoughts are welcome.....
Vince