MY LITTLE RED BOOK - LOVE DAY-BY-DAY 1945-1971

LOVE was another great band from the 60's and of course VERY Doors related.
I think it would be great to have this special topic about the band who was such a big example for The Doors.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

Bruno

MY LITTLE RED BOOK - LOVE DAY-BY-DAY 1945-1971

Post by Bruno »

"My Little Red Book" by Bruno Ceriotti and with the forewords by Johnny Echols and Michael Stuart-Ware, is the most comprehensive, compelling, complete, immensely detailed, impeccably researched, and meticulously compiled account ever published about LOVE, one of the most influental bands in the history of rock. The ebook collates eye-witness accounts, tour dates and gig locations, record releases and reviews, recording studio data and contemporary interviews, and is illustrated with a rare collection of period photographs and print memorabilia. All this is woven into an absorbing day-by-day narrative format that tells the story of LOVE in a way that will surprise and delight even their most dedicated fans!!!.

This book tells the band’s story, but also describes the life story of each of the members of LOVE: where they came from, what their roots where, how they see their time with the band, and what they experienced afterwards. It has been written with the close participation of LOVE's former members: Johnny Echols, Michael Stuart-Ware, Alban 'Snoopy' Pfisterer and Craig Tarwater.

This is a truly TERRIFIC book to treasure. This book will stay by your side like an encyclopedia which you will study and refer to for years to come. The author traces LOVE's story in a maniacally detailed chronology and leaves no stone unturned!!!.

"My Little Red Book" is available only in digital editions (ebook, 133 pgs, 91 photos) only through the official website: http://mylittleredbook.weebly.com/
MichaelStuart-Ware

My Little Red Book

Post by MichaelStuart-Ware »

Bruno has written a great book that Love fans everywhere will enjoy reading. It's all in there.
jamestkirk

Re: My Little Red Book

Post by jamestkirk »

MichaelStuart-Ware wrote:Bruno has written a great book that Love fans everywhere will enjoy reading. It's all in there.
As good a reference as we could want!

Hi Michael....any news on the Pegasus release date?
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
MichaelStuart-Ware

pegasus release date

The good folks at Helter Skelter emailed me last week to let me know that cash flow problems with the company have necessitated pushing forward (or is it back?) the release date, yet again, until January. So like another 3 months.
I'm genuinely sorry that the people who are interested in buying it have to be inconvenienced by the long wait, and I again offer my apology... unfortunately, I have no choice but to remain philosophical, since (as embarrassing as it is) the situation is nevertheless, entirely out of my hands. I'm just trying to remember;
1.) They can't help it. At this point, Helter wants to get the book out there as soon as possible, but they're just a little company and don't have the resources of a company like "Jawbone" for instance. I think they might be struggling a little bit, so they have to play it close to the vest or go under completely.
2.) John Einarson's book on Arthur and Love only came out fifteen months ago, and while that may seem like a long time, it the world of book releases on similar subjects, it's not. We needed a little time to go by anyway. and,
3.) The delay in getting the revised edition of Pegasus out has only resulted in better stories being added and better refinements. It's a better book than it was a year ago when it was originally scheduled for release.
Finally, we'll see what happens in January. If there's another problem or delay I might consider looking elsewhere for a company to publish it.
jamestkirk

Re: pegasus release date

Post by jamestkirk »

MichaelStuart-Ware wrote:The good folks at Helter Skelter emailed me last week to let me know that cash flow problems with the company have necessitated pushing forward (or is it back?) the release date, yet again, until January. So like another 3 months.
I'm genuinely sorry that the people who are interested in buying it have to be inconvenienced by the long wait, and I again offer my apology... unfortunately, I have no choice but to remain philosophical, since (as embarrassing as it is) the situation is nevertheless, entirely out of my hands. I'm just trying to remember;
1.) They can't help it. At this point, Helter wants to get the book out there as soon as possible, but they're just a little company and don't have the resources of a company like "Jawbone" for instance. I think they might be struggling a little bit, so they have to play it close to the vest or go under completely.
2.) John Einarson's book on Arthur and Love only came out fifteen months ago, and while that may seem like a long time, it the world of book releases on similar subjects, it's not. We needed a little time to go by anyway. and,
3.) The delay in getting the revised edition of Pegasus out has only resulted in better stories being added and better refinements. It's a better book than it was a year ago when it was originally scheduled for release.
Finally, we'll see what happens in January. If there's another problem or delay I might consider looking elsewhere for a company to publish it.
So we can look forward to some additional or retooled stories in addition to the afterword? (Did they place any of my pix, or have you not seen it yet?) May I let the Love members at Torben's site know about this news?
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
MichaelStuart-Ware

Not sure about the pix. If they use any of yours I'll see to it you get credit, for sure. OK on Torben and Thanks!