Upcoming 'L.A. Woman' 40th Anniversary Release (Part 2)

All about the Bright Midnight Releases.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

MysticHeatedWine

Post by MysticHeatedWine »

I'm going to refrain from judgement until I can hear the whole song but it does sound like it could be a nice little blues tune. Hopefully the lyrics get a little better. At least it's something new. I'm much more excited about Ghost Riders In The Sky.
"I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I see no lasting energy in the truth and the truth is this: Truth and Energy elicited by the stoned."
Jim Morrison, Los Angeles, 1968
MysticHeatedWine

lovemygirl wrote:
lizardkingteo wrote:23rd of November is in one week . January is approaching and nothing on the Super Deluxe box setlist

IMO they fucked up with the stickers ( covering important info as to which record company this band belongs too )

They fucked up also with the cover of the 2 cd and on DVD , seriously the original cover ??? couldn you be more creative like the other covers ??

Lets see what the cover of the SD edition would be . the original cover ? :lol:

As far as the DVD/BR is concerned i remember reading Jeff post the the Doors played ghost riders in the sky . thats something nice to wait for

...yeah i remember reading that as well, but what about the other song? ..."a day in the country"
I am very curious about this tune. I'm sensing something laid back with nice instrumentals. Maybe some flamenco by Robby ?
"I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I see no lasting energy in the truth and the truth is this: Truth and Energy elicited by the stoned."
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

It sounds like a spontaneous blues jam with improvised lyrics. Not overly exciting, but I'm glad it's being released.
MysticHeatedWine

I just find myself thinking why would Jim agree to sing this but not Down on the Farm ?
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

I doubt that he agreed to anything. It sounds like he just joined in.
MysticHeatedWine

Or I'm Horny, I'm Stoned for that matter ? Anyway, cool to hear something new.
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

Not startling lyrics I agree, but I am really digging the music
Starting pre production on a sketch show. More soon.

Follow me on twitter @purplesheepprd
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

It reminded me of Smokey The Bear. Not too exciting and sounds like Jim is just making up the words as he goes. It's probably going to be one of those tracks you listen to once a year. I would have liked it if it sounded more like the Changeling/Cars Hiss jam from the Aquarius rehearsal. I'm hoping one of those alternate takes are going to be the real gem.
desertlizard

Post by desertlizard »

Buda wrote:At first I thought, "Who the hell sings?!" :mrgreen:
Jim's voice is so high I thought it's somebody else.

But good to hear finally even a snippet of the new stuff and know that it is not a discussion track.
I Thought the same thing, anyhow one newly unheard track finally! better than nothing :lol:
Carnival dog
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

Jeff posted this on the Doors Facebook a few hours ago, was that before or after the Rolling Stone article surfaced? Why is it we always find out about these things this way? Why couldn't Jeff post the clip a few days ago on their message board or a day before the Rolling Stone article? "When I know, you'll know..." ok Jeff. Instead, you have dozens of people thanking Jeff for how awesome he is for letting us hear this snippit. Yea, he's so awesome that he's getting some of you to buy the single box set AND buying the same material a couple months later.
hardrockcafe

Post by hardrockcafe »

A bit of distortion on Jim's vocal here and there on that clip. Must have been a studio jam / mic check?
Chris M

Post by Chris M »

I'd take one home with me. Much better than I expected really. I dug.
The Royal Sperm

Post by The Royal Sperm »

sounds little bit like Canned Heat!

glad to listen something new, a jam is always nice to hear
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
mystery_train67

Post by mystery_train67 »

Listening to this, and knowing that it becomes a medley with Rock Me, I'd say they were just jammin' and Morrison made up some words and the band just cranked it. Blues day. Sounds good though. Better than Smokey, which was pretty damn average.

I wonder, if Paris Blues is not included, is it because it is even more of a spur of the moment jam than this? For all we know, She Smells So Nice IS Paris Blues, and in that 8 mins of blues jamming, the lyrics to PB come out and are jammed between whatever else Morrison was spitting.

Just sayin...
djonez

Post by djonez »

What a great teaser! It only takes a little jim to sound great!

Jim,jim what did you die for.. Jim says nothing at all..
anytimecowboy

Post by anytimecowboy »

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_ ... sedaterank

pre oders are on amazon now for the 2Lp and 2CD
'I've seen the future brother, it is murder'...
'whole new strange catacombs of wisdom

'''''We want Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque and we want it now''''
Amnight

Post by Amnight »

I like what I hear so far. I cannot recall any of The Doors ever mentioning this track over the years???
The Royal Sperm

Amnight wrote:I like what I hear so far. I cannot recall any of The Doors ever mentioning this track over the years???
maybe cos its a jam (something like Blues for Lonnie) and jeff said that they "just found it"
www.KatRecords.com
lizardkingteo

Post by lizardkingteo »

The sticker would be in outer sleeve of the lps/cds or it will be on the actual cover ?

The sticker hides both the title and the "the Workshop sessions" subtitle .
D1

Post by D1 »

Amnight wrote:
I like what I hear so far. I cannot recall any of The Doors ever mentioning this track over the years???
Sounds Like the reverance on Boocket T by Rick & The Raywens
lovemygirl
Banned

Post by lovemygirl »

....just got my boxset 7".... the front cover has the 40th ann. sticker on the top left hand corner and theres a big white sticker on the right side, it mentions all the product info and has pictures of all the album covers for the singles.......the back has a black stickeron it which gives you the number of the set out of 4000....gonna open it right now.....the 45's are beautiful there are no sleeves for the records just the covers and the labels are the tan color with the catapilar on the leaf... gonna have a listen , will write back after i listen to the music.... ps the only sticker that is on the boxset that is perment is the back with the number of the set...
The Royal Sperm

Cool nicole, can you post some pics? thanks in advance!

and don't forget to tell us about the alt takes!

btw, what number do you have?
www.KatRecords.com
lovemygirl
Banned

Post by lovemygirl »

...ok lets get started....

love her madly - right from the begining theres alot more piano from ray, and the vocal track is diferent as is the tempo...the first break after the first couple of verses is different, the bass is really loud...the second break has alot more guitar wamy effects heard and theres a different fade out

riders on the storm - the intro is completly different, very little thunder and rain, actualy doesnt start until the first verse ends....the volcals sound very clean, ... alot more thunder and rain after the first break and thru the rest of the song...ending has a different bass sound and at the very end there some one saying something i cant understand.

changeling - the start of the song is totaly different, vocals( yelps) and music. vocal take is totaly different....the second break has different guitar and the 3rd break is really diferent with overlaying of vocals and guitar..."on the morning train" jim sings

...inside the studio... i love this part

part one - crawling king snake - "lets roll it" "take two" the guitar sound is very raw...jim says " do it like u used to do it in the old ages, prime-evil wilderness, like the feeling of the 1st amphilibins from the swamp, an ode".....then jim sounds out the guitar parts....take 4 " lets have a beer"

part two - riders on the storm - "jims starts off " lets have fun" a lot of laughter follows and then jim sing the song" rawhide".."riding down to alberkery {sic}" take 9/10 riders of the storm jim says " send you to arizona for some good thunder" then after some false starts jim says..."arthritist {sic} on the storm take 16 "

.....i cant wait for the 5cd set............
The Royal Sperm

Lucky You! the chat sounds pretty interesting,

thanks for the review
www.KatRecords.com
MysticHeatedWine

lovemygirl wrote:...ok lets get started....

love her madly - right from the begining theres alot more piano from ray, and the vocal track is diferent as is the tempo...the first break after the first couple of verses is different, the bass is really loud...the second break has alot more guitar wamy effects heard and theres a different fade out

riders on the storm - the intro is completly different, very little thunder and rain, actualy doesnt start until the first verse ends....the volcals sound very clean, ... alot more thunder and rain after the first break and thru the rest of the song...ending has a different bass sound and at the very end there some one saying something i cant understand.

changeling - the start of the song is totaly different, vocals( yelps) and music. vocal take is totaly different....the second break has different guitar and the 3rd break is really diferent with overlaying of vocals and guitar..."on the morning train" jim sings

...inside the studio... i love this part

part one - crawling king snake - "lets roll it" "take two" the guitar sound is very raw...jim says " do it like u used to do it in the old ages, prime-evil wilderness, like the feeling of the 1st amphilibins from the swamp, an ode".....then jim sounds out the guitar parts....take 4 " lets have a beer"

part two - riders on the storm - "jims starts off " lets have fun" a lot of laughter follows and then jim sing the song" rawhide".."riding down to alberkery {sic}" take 9/10 riders of the storm jim says " send you to arizona for some good thunder" then after some false starts jim says..."arthritist {sic} on the storm take 16 "

.....i cant wait for the 5cd set............
It's cool that you got it and I'm sure we all appreciate your review. If you don't mind my asking how do you already have it ? I thought it was only available for preorder at this stage ?
lovemygirl
Banned

Post by lovemygirl »

..." i have friends in high places"...sorry thats all i can say right now...and ...i forgot to mention during crawling king snake jim says " no mutants allowed"...pretty funny... :wink:
Last edited by lovemygirl on Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MysticHeatedWine

Understood. Good for you. :D
lovemygirl
Banned

Post by lovemygirl »

....i don't want to ruin anything for anyone on this forum...if the people here wish i don't share the info i will stop....but i thought most would be interested.... i've listen'd to the 3 tracks plus the two sides of in the studio many times so far and i think we, the doors community , will be very happy... its the doors doing the blues at there very best and jim sounds great...i mean good...not like the first album but like "an olds blues man".. and i dig it...the vocals arent buried in these mix's like the original album...."in the studio" is for me the best part of the box set and i know it probly be part of the 5cd release but on vynly, its primo....i makes me think im there in the recording process and i love it....THE DOORS... :mrgreen:
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

lovemygirl wrote:....i don't want to ruin anything for anyone on this forum...if the people here wish i don't share the info i will stop....but i thought most would be interested.... i've listen'd to the 3 tracks plus the two sides of in the studio many times so far and i think we, the doors community , will be very happy... its the doors doing the blues at there very best and jim sounds great...i mean good...not like the first album but like "an olds blues man".. and i dig it...the vocals arent buried in these mix's like the original album...."in the studio" is for me the best part of the box set and i know it probly be part of the 5cd release but on vynly, its primo....i makes me think im there in the recording process and i love it....THE DOORS... :mrgreen:
Thanks for all this info. You're really lucky :)
I love this album and the perspective of listening to alternate tracks that sound different but at the same time damn good is really EXCITING.

Love to be a DOORS fan =)
djonez

Post by djonez »

lovemygirl wrote:..." i have friends in high places"...sorry thats all i can say right now...and the number i have on the boxset can't be said because of tracking purposes...i forgot to mention during crawling king snake jim says " no mutants allowed"...pretty funny... :wink:
Lucky you, I only have high friends in places :mrgreen:

Cant wait to hear it myself! You make it sound great.