Upcoming 'L.A. Woman' 40th Anniversary Release (Part 2)

All about the Bright Midnight Releases.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

Roughie wrote:As every day ticks by, I get the feeling more and more that we aren't gonna see a 3cd set.
If nothing will happen it will be another sad, very sad episode.
According to what JJ said if it will happen it would be a digital release.
I already gave my contribution by posting at the LL. I felt it was necessary to show some interest and remind that some fans would love listen to this stuff. Tha fact that so little number of persons have done the same (at least the persons from this forum) is a clear indication that people give little or no credibility to what JJ says.
It's incredible how the Doorscore community move away from the official forum. Four or five years ago that forum was interesting to follow now it's mostly a stage for ignorance and stupid, disrespectful exhibitions of personality. From times to times I post there but this should be done as careful exercice.
Buda

Post by Buda »

Roughie wrote:As every day ticks by, I get the feeling more and more that we aren't gonna see a 3cd set.
...and my biggest fear is that this will apply to the Fog recording as well. What is very much telling, is that by this time, being April, they should have been already making ads promoting the stuff and last but not least, having a release date but nothing have been materialized yet. And based on the suggestion, if they draw conclusions by looking at their own forum to observe the level of interest, then their approach is clearly an epic fail on this release as well.
"Because when the crowds finally begin to accept you
you become the suspect of your artistry" Buk
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

I see this as yet another big "fuck you" to the hardcore fan base. I don't see why the rest of the LAW material isn't released in one form or another, clearly they are already mixed. So what's the hold up? Poor sales from the previous LAW releases? Jeff shouldn't gauge interest on that alone, some people are waiting for a deluxe set and don't want to buy "best ofs". They scrapped a 5 CD set earlier because presales were low....well no shit, who the fuck preorders without knowing a tracklist or release date.

Again, look at how many other bands have released deluxe box sets recently...but no Doors. This is probably the only album sessions where they have enough material for a deluxe set and the ball has been dropped...AGAIN. Jeff has been full of empty promises from the beginning. I feel bad for the people that believe his bullshit. If he spent half the time he does posting irrelevant and utterly useless shit on his friend's Facebook, and focused on getting the job done, we'd all be happy.

Year of the Doors??...we are over 3 months into 2012 and no word on the rest of the LAW material, London Fog, Matrix, Hollywood Bowl. It's more like the year of disappointment, but that isn't anything new.
Buda

Post by Buda »

bump
Encuentro

Post by Encuentro »

Buda wrote:
...and my biggest fear is that this will apply to the Fog recording as well. What is very much telling, is that by this time, being April, they should have been already making ads promoting the stuff and last but not least, having a release date but nothing have been materialized yet. And based on the suggestion, if they draw conclusions by looking at their own forum to observe the level of interest, then their approach is clearly an epic fail on this release as well.
I can't see them releasing a 3 CD set, the Matrix, the Fog and the Hollywood Bowl all within the span of a few months with no official announcements and advertisiing as of yet.
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

Encuentro wrote:I can't see them releasing a 3 CD set, the Matrix, the Fog and the Hollywood Bowl all within the span of a few months with no official announcements and advertisiing as of yet.
I agree, yet that's what Jampol keeps telling people at the LL to expect.

For a guy who says he doesn't want to flood the market, it sure looks like he's building Noah's Ark.
Buda

Post by Buda »

:mrgreen:
jdlaw

Post by jdlaw »

If it gets us even a day closer to the release of Matrix/Fog, then I say GOOD!!! Buh-bye La Woman project, I never supported you from the beginning.
Buda wrote:...and my biggest fear is that this will apply to the Fog recording as well. What is very much telling, is that by this time, being April, they should have been already making ads promoting the stuff and last but not least, having a release date but nothing have been materialized yet. And based on the suggestion, if they draw conclusions by looking at their own forum to observe the level of interest, then their approach is clearly an epic fail on this release as well.
Man, you just killed my buzz! :/ :wink:

Let's hope for the sake of us, the fans, that it proves to be incorrect and they get us Fog/Matrix later this year. Not holding my breath though.

wha happened wrote:I see this as yet another big "fuck you" to the hardcore fan base. I don't see why the rest of the LAW material isn't released in one form or another, clearly they are already mixed. So what's the hold up? Poor sales from the previous LAW releases? Jeff shouldn't gauge interest on that alone, some people are waiting for a deluxe set and don't want to buy "best ofs". They scrapped a 5 CD set earlier because presales were low....well no shit, who the fuck preorders without knowing a tracklist or release date.

Again, look at how many other bands have released deluxe box sets recently...but no Doors. This is probably the only album sessions where they have enough material for a deluxe set and the ball has been dropped...AGAIN. Jeff has been full of empty promises from the beginning. I feel bad for the people that believe his bullshit. If he spent half the time he does posting irrelevant and utterly useless shit on his friend's Facebook, and focused on getting the job done, we'd all be happy.

Year of the Doors??...we are over 3 months into 2012 and no word on the rest of the LAW material, London Fog, Matrix, Hollywood Bowl. It's more like the year of disappointment, but that isn't anything new.
I look at Jeff the same way I look at most politicians. Doesn't have my best interests at heart, only cares about the bottom line, etc. The results being a sense of apathy, since there's nothing I can do to change things.
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

I asked in Feb on the LL what was happening next and he told me to be patient! :/ Well we're now in April and still nothing.
Starting pre production on a sketch show. More soon.

Follow me on twitter @purplesheepprd
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

It appears that the app is behind schedule, which may be what's holding up the 3-CD set. If there's a maximum of 130 minutes of unreleased audio left for the 3-CD set, I assume that one of the CDs will contain the app content, which isn't ready yet.
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

I couldn't care less about the app. I might be proven wrong and it will be the best thing ever, but at the moment I just don't give a rats...

mystery_train67

Post by mystery_train67 »

Unless the app contains unheard music unavailable anywhere else, it's nothing more than a useless novelty.
lizardkingteo

Post by lizardkingteo »

Forget about this fiasco . This is not a doors year this is a typical ( its starting to become a traditional more like an anual custom) "fuck the fans" attitude. Dont have much hope about 3cd, matrix , lf and HB dvd blu-ray release this year . This is not "profitably" correct
Mystery Train

Post by Mystery Train »

mystery_train67

Post by mystery_train67 »

It is an awesome billboard.
The Royal Sperm

Post by The Royal Sperm »

i was offline two weeks and i found no news, is very exciting being a doors fan :/
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

The Royal Sperm wrote:i was offline two weeks and i found no news, is very exciting being a doors fan :/
A delayed 2CD set in January followed by a delayed LP set in March and absolutely no news regarding a delayed 3CD set. The Year of The Doors starts with a whimper -- assuming it won't be delayed until next year, too.
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

Should we sent this to JJ? :lol:

The guy is so quiet that you gotta imagine that things are so careffully being prepared that we are going to have irrepreensible releases :mrgreen:
Buda

Post by Buda »

Should I make another ad for the LAW releases as well? :wink:

Pathetic.
The Royal Sperm

Post by The Royal Sperm »

yes please :mrgreen:
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

The Royal Sperm wrote:yes please :mrgreen:
+1
don't forget the stickers Buda!

jdlaw

Post by jdlaw »

Buda wrote:Should I make another ad for the LAW releases as well? :wink:

Pathetic.
NOOO!! :wink:

Don't give Jeff any ideas. LA Woman outtakes might be the one we get stuck with! Now, a Matrix masters add.........

:lol:
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

Lots of creative possibilities. JJ is an inspiring source for all of us :lol:
Encuentro

Post by Encuentro »

I have a feeling that the reason Jeff hasn't been posting is that, as probably seems obvious to most of us, we are not going to see the proposed 4 releases and that it's just easier for Jeff to remove himself from the boards than have to explain why they dropped the ball yet again. At this point, I think it would just be easier if he didn't give us the heads up on proposed releases before they know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they going to be released. Don't say anything until the release date is confirmed and etched in stone, then issue an official press release. As it is, the Year of The Doors, a label that was created to take the heat off of them for dropping the ball on the proposed releases for the 40th anniversary of L.A. Woman, appears to be a wash. My prediction for the next release: Hollywood Bowl.
hardrockcafe

Post by hardrockcafe »

Isn't Jeff a manager for the the Janis Joplin estate? There have been two Joplin archival releases -- one this month and one last month. Maybe he has been working on the Joplin stuff?
Buda

Post by Buda »

Jeff rocking too many boats, huh?
djonez

Post by djonez »

hardrockcafe wrote:Isn't Jeff a manager for the the Janis Joplin estate? There have been two Joplin archival releases -- one this month and one last month. Maybe he has been working on the Joplin stuff?
What kind of work would that require of a manager? I don't see how that would occupy so much time.
djonez

Post by djonez »

Choosing the right sticker might take a long time though. :mrgreen:
desertlizard

Post by desertlizard »

The Royal Sperm wrote:i was offline two weeks and i found no news, is very exciting being a doors fan :/

are you that SURPRISED? really :mrgreen:
Carnival dog
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

No news is good news... right?

And what did you expect? It's not like it's the year of the Doors or anything!