George Harrison

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

Stuart

George Harrison

Post by Stuart »

Hi Vince, Did you ever get a chance to talk with George Harrison when he popped in during the Soft parade sessions?.
vince

Harrison

Post by vince »

Yes, Ever so briefly. You understand that he was interested in meeting and talking to the guys. Introductions were made all around and comments made about sound and equipment. It was, as you can well imagine, mainly shop talk between the musicians and not the support team, except Paul and Bruce, of course. They talked about recording techniques. Generally I stayed out of the way.

He was a pretty regular guy among peers. I didn't try to thrust myself into conversations as I was just a worker not a star.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
hardrockcafe

Post by hardrockcafe »

Vince do you recall what tracks Rothchild played back for Harrison to listen to? And what was Harrison's reaction?
vince

Harrison

Post by vince »

I am sorry to say that this item is not among my experirnces. I really can't help you on this one.

Has anyone tried Bruce Botnick> This guy would be a wealth of information regards items dealing with in studio experiences. Bruce is a pretty accommodating person and would, I am sure, be willing to respond.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors