The Doors Infinite Boxed Sets

All about the Bright Midnight Releases.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

The Royal Sperm

The Doors Infinite Boxed Sets

Post by The Royal Sperm »

As we remember, the Jeffrey Gang announced last year the re-re-re-re-re-re.......-release of the six band (morrison era) albums on 200 gram vinyl 45rom double vinyl for each album and SACD,

now the news are:

they will release them on different dates:

45 rpm Vinyl ($50 each):

The doors - July 02
Strange Days - July 02
Waiting For the Sun - August 02
The Soft Parade - August 02
Morrison Hotel - September 03
L.a.woman - September 03

SACD ($30 each):

The doors - September 10
Strange Days - September 10
Waiting For the Sun - August 02
The Soft Parade - October 10
Morrison Hotel - November 12
L.a.woman - November 12

source:
http://store.acousticsounds.com/index.c ... s=NL060812

now, for get more profit of them, they will box set them!

Infinite SACD box ($280 for 6 albums):

i don't know why the box itself worth $100!!! maybe will include a 2000 pages book!

No release date yet:

source:
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/83212 ... ybrid_SACD

Infinite 45 rpm vinyl ($400 for 6 albums - 12 discs)

Once again, i don't know why the box worth $100! is insane!

Release date: october 02

source:
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/83211 ... l_Box_Sets

So, can we expect something new this year? if they already "filled" the the rest of the 18 months Year of the doors?

btw, i got that info cos i'm subscribed to the acousticsounds newsletter, and those guys always get early their products (two weeks earlier than the official doors store)

Thousands of dollars rest upon this day ....
Last edited by The Royal Sperm on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
The Royal Sperm

From the acousticsounds newsletter:
Let's Make A Date

You've been patient - very patient - and we appreciate it. At long last, we have for you some dates for our much anticipated Doors 45-RPM and SACD reissue series. The first two LP titles - The Doors and Strange Days are right around the corner.

A note to our customers: Again, we appreciate your patience in waiting for these products to come to market. We know it's been a long wait, and believe us, nobody's more excited than we are. But please understand, whenever we set out to do a reissue project, our goal is to surpass any issue or reissue that's been done previous to ours. Doing that takes a lot of time, effort and money.

Beginning with securing the absolute analog masters and on to getting approval for the artwork, the printing of the labels and jackets, the manufacturing of the product, etc., etc. the process involves a lot more back-and-forth negotiating, prodding and waiting than many people may realize. Many of the steps in the process are out of our control. But know this: We would rather have our products come out a year late and be proud of those products than to meet a street date. We don't cut corners. When a record label tries to tell us a tape copy or digital file we'll do, we tell them that no, it won't. You wouldn't believe what kind of an effort this can involve. We fight for quality, but it often means waiting a little longer. When our proofs are held up in a label's legal approval department, we're calling and emailing continuously to keep the project moving. We call it stokin' the coals. Sometimes we get results; other times we've got to push a little harder. In many cases, we're dealing with major corporations and major artists. Often, we need to get approval from the label, from the artist's management and from the artist themselves. Any one step can significantly hold up the process.

The point is this: We know it can be frustrating when we announce products far in advance of when they come out. We know it can be frustrating when we don't meet the street dates we initially published. Listen, we're trying, and we're trying hard. And so while we hope we'll hit all of these dates and while we'll do everything we possibly can to make that happen, street dates are subject to change. It's the nature of the game we play.

Thank you for your support. Thank you for your patience. And thank you for your business.
www.KatRecords.com
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

oh well,
Buda

Post by Buda »

Unfortunately they don't need to produce a quality book of photos or else for the box for that extra $100. I guess they will just have to make it limited edition and number it.
"Because when the crowds finally begin to accept you
you become the suspect of your artistry" Buk
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

Perhaps it will include something similar to the "valuable" limited edition "Perception" peephole.
Buda

Post by Buda »

Mark, always wanted to ask, guess Teo did it before, that is your avatar shows Jim at the Whisky?
"Because when the crowds finally begin to accept you
you become the suspect of your artistry" Buk
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

Fillmore Auditorium, most likely 7/29/67.
antero

Post by antero »

LP at 45 RPM? what's the point?
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

antero wrote:LP at 45 RPM? what's the point?
Supposedly better sound quality than 33. Just like SACD is supposedly better sound quality than CD. I have my doubts that the differences can really be heard, but it's a nice gimmick when trying to come up with a reason to release this catalog for the 4th time in only 6 years.

This was funny (not just for the typo):
The Royal Sperm wrote:From the acousticsounds newsletter:
We don't cut corners. When a record label tries to tell us a tape copy or digital file we'll do, we tell them that no, it won't.
Except that's exactly what they used for the debut album since the original master no longer exists:

"All were cut from the original analog masters by Doug Sax, with the exception of The Doors, which was made from the best tape copy."

I believe the last CD to use the original master for the debut album was the DCC release.
mystery_train67

Post by mystery_train67 »

What happened to the original tape?
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

mystery_train67 wrote:What happened to the original tape?
From Steve Hoffman:

The Doors first album tape disintegrated after many years of loyal service, mainly from operator carelessness in the 1970's. Lousy storage of that bad old Scotch 200 series tape made it wet and gummy and finally the oxide just started falling right off. DCC used it in the early 1990s and it was pretty much gone then. Our CD was made from it with some radical fixes and our LP was cut from a fixed 15 ips transfer we made, now residing in the Doors' vault in Hollywood. So, bye bye tape and it's a bummer, but it was only a ledo anyway, all record parts were cut from it or a copy of it. Danny Sugarman gave it a funeral. The first album still exists as a four track original (unstable but still can play nicely with a bit of help) and many worldwide analog pristine copies.
mystery_train67

Post by mystery_train67 »

Thanks Len.
The Royal Sperm

thanks for the info len.

i still think that these releases will fill the year of the doors
www.KatRecords.com
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

The Royal Sperm wrote:i still think that these releases will fill the year of the doors
I don't believe these releases are actually connected to "The Year Of The Doors." They aren't directly handled by The Doors or BMA. Otherwise The Doors/Management would have issued the press release and not this other company.
The Royal Sperm

Porsche wrote:
The Royal Sperm wrote:i still think that these releases will fill the year of the doors
I don't believe these releases are actually connected to "The Year Of The Doors." They aren't directly handled by The Doors or BMA. Otherwise The Doors/Management would have issued the press release and not this other company.
Hope you're right Len
www.KatRecords.com
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

"The Year of The Doors"....now that is funny.
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

midnightx wrote:"The Year of The Doors"....now that is funny.
I suppose they forgot.
AK

Post by AK »

SACD :lol:

I'd make fun of 45s for being just as irrelevant, but I realize that would irritate some.
jdlaw

Post by jdlaw »

I pre-ordered the vinyl box.

I think these have the potential to be the best sounding versions of the Doors studio albums...EVER. Well, at least as good as first pressings or the DCC issues.
The Royal Sperm

Analogue Productions and Acoustic Sounds bring you The Doors — the band's six Morrison-era albums, all 45 RPM double LPs, in a box set. Limited to 2,500 numbered copies each on 200-gram vinyl; also available on Multichannel Hybrid SACD!

Booklet included featuring 19 photographs and a 2,700-word essay by The Doors biographer Ben Fong-Torres, esteemed rock journalist and former Rolling Stone editor
www.KatRecords.com
The Royal Sperm

jdlaw wrote:I pre-ordered the vinyl box.

I think these have the potential to be the best sounding versions of the Doors studio albums...EVER. Well, at least as good as first pressings or the DCC issues.
Girl you gotta love your man. And audiophiles, you’ll love The Doors box set on SACD from Acoustic Sounds. The memory of Morrison and Co. on you depends; their legacy will never end. Get this box set today before they’re gone; into your house The Doors will storm ... Yeah!
www.KatRecords.com
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

I'll be interested to hear how these compare to the DCCs. For those audiophiles who don't have the DCC discs, it should be an easy way to get a great sounding set without searching for all those OOP titles and paying a collector's mark-up. But I wish they would do something about those box set prices. An extra $100 is steep. Are these sold exclusively through their store?
The Royal Sperm

Correct. This is a separate issue (or, should I say, "reissue")!

Acoustic Sounds and Analogue Productions are pressing THE highest-quality audiophile vinyl and high-end SACDs in the business, bar none, and they have taken a lot of time, spent a lot of money and gone all out for these releases (which, as Pat's Radio and others have stated, are not an official part of the "Year Of The Doors").

They sound SPEC.TAC.ULAR.

But, they are not "official" Doors product - they were licensed to Analogue Productions. And AP sets all pricing, parameters and other aspects. We just approve the mastering, licensing and artwork.
great!
www.KatRecords.com
The Royal Sperm

Porsche wrote:I'll be interested to hear how these compare to the DCCs. For those audiophiles who don't have the DCC discs, it should be an easy way to get a great sounding set without searching for all those OOP titles and paying a collector's mark-up. But I wish they would do something about those box set prices. An extra $100 is steep. Are these sold exclusively through their store?
i saw some single issues on amazon.com at a higher price, but i've not see the box set yet
www.KatRecords.com
davis

Post by davis »

It seems like I've been reading/hearing about that for at least 2 years. Is there more to it than the Riders single & 2-CD LA Woman releases?
The Royal Sperm

davis wrote:
It seems like I've been reading/hearing about that for at least 2 years. Is there more to it than the Riders single & 2-CD LA Woman releases?
well, in fact were the same ROTS single in different covers, the workshop sessions vinyl Lp, the making of l.a.woman in DVD and BD, the 2 cd and also some digital only bonus tracks!
www.KatRecords.com
davis

Post by davis »

The Royal Sperm wrote:
davis wrote:
well, in fact were the same ROTS single in different covers, the workshop sessions vinyl Lp, the making of l.a.woman in DVD and BD, the 2 cd and also some digital only bonus tracks!
Direct me to the digital-only tracks, please :lol:
The Royal Sperm

check on amazon.com, itunes and don't recall where was available THE WASP (instrumental)
www.KatRecords.com
The Royal Sperm

the empty box

the full box

www.KatRecords.com
AstroRunner

Post by AstroRunner »

davis wrote:Direct me to the digital-only tracks, please :lol:
http://www.thefreedomman.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4255