LL Boards.....lol

Introduce yourself to the forum or just get something off your chest in this off-topic area.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

rokritr

LL Boards.....lol

Post by rokritr »

Was really bored yesterday and saw a post on the barely alive LL message boards, where someone new to those boards was asking why the Doors "official" message boards were so dead.

And the few people still posting over there are blaming it on the functionality and lack of moderators, or that Jampol isn't posting there anymore, etc. Don't know of any other band forums that rely on a band's so-called manager posting on it, or that the moderation doesn't help people out. Check out the Zeppelin board...alive and vibrant.

The few remaining LL posters are either too new to remember or too stupid to point out the obvious (ie "certain posters who 'knew' Jim" who were so rude, obnoxious and literally delusional that they literally attacked nearly every post or opinion that anyone posted). Anyway, just was funny to see how that board has really gone too hell (and hearing the excuses of many who caused it), while other forums are more than alive and well.

Cheers!
avp2029

Post by avp2029 »

I've been on there since late '03, and that place as gone to total shit. I don't think I've posted on there in months, and before that there was a gap of several years.
"It's still alive inside of me" - Little Steven
MajorMojo

Post by MajorMojo »

I only post to wind up Pat's Radio.

I'm actually surprised I've never had stuff deleted or had the warnings others here have received.
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

I post little because I prefer to avoid "Patsy jerks" and because the forum is mostly boooring and ignorant.
avp2029

Post by avp2029 »

MajorMojo wrote:I only post to wind up Pat's Radio.

I'm actually surprised I've never had stuff deleted or had the warnings others here have received.
Anybody who posts anything in any thread he's involved with ends up winding up that imbecile.
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

Although we have active members here, I still wonder why a lot of good posters overthere haven't come to this forum.
Maybe we should attack the LL with The Freedom Man Forum links.That way the moderators overthere will come here to see how a real messageboard( although outdated) and inform Jeff about it. He then will see that this board is a lot better and then pays me to make this one looks nicer, and will ask me if this one please please can be the official one and Len and I will be the only moderators here and we will all live happy everafter.End of dream.... lol,
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

Are you prepared to have members posting things such as how cute Jim's feet were, and how he would have fared as a UFC fighter? :lol:
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

haha, No those can stay there, I was hoping for more serious fans, like we have here.
There's about 40 to 50 people here to keep the forum going, that is good offcourse, but if you look at it worlswide it isn't much.Don't get me wrong I am very happy with the forum as it is going now and I just paid for thenext year, so we are still sailing
Buda

Post by Buda »

Reaching a bit bigger crowd could certainly help but turning into mega comes with the possibility of losing style. Thanks very much for all your efforts keeping the site alive!
"Because when the crowds finally begin to accept you
you become the suspect of your artistry" Buk
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Yes, true words also.
I was just joking.I like it like this, and want to keep it this way.
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

The Freedom Man wrote:Yes, true words also.
I was just joking.I like it like this, and want to keep it this way.
For sure, Ed. And with a little bit of LoVE, nothing better!

:wink:

I am re-reading Einarson's "Forever Changes; The Story of Love", and there seems to be even more revelations and fun tidbits than I remember about Love and Arthur upon my first read. Arthur Lee & Love's influence & effect on the DOORS is immeasurable.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
avp2029

Post by avp2029 »

The Freedom Man wrote: and I just paid for thenext year, so we are still sailing
And that's extremely appreciated.
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

A few months ago I was commenting something about Morrison and a guy/girl(?) came up and told me that Morrison should have spent more of his time thinking about Jesus...

So, the perspective of having some of these people here is interesting if this means a few extra good posters. However, the most likely outcome will mean both Ed and Len gonna have extra work to control some strange creatures.

Perhaps some people don't know but we had Pats Radio here in this forum. If I remember well the guy lasted 2-3 posts before being banned. Very rude. I suppose it will be funny to see if someone can break this record.
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

avp2029 wrote:
The Freedom Man wrote: and I just paid for thenext year, so we are still sailing
And that's extremely appreciated.
For sure. =) Thanks Ed for this place. A safe and warm place to discuss our favourite bands.
MysticHeatedWine

Post by MysticHeatedWine »

It has been and remains an honor and a privilege to be a part of this Forum. I have learned a lot over the years. :D
"I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I see no lasting energy in the truth and the truth is this: Truth and Energy elicited by the stoned."
Jim Morrison, Los Angeles, 1968
klaus radiola

Post by klaus radiola »

I used to post on the LL long time ago, under the name of "Rock Is Dead". Then they closed it down for some reasons, too many troubles I think. I sometimes come back to see what's going on, if Jef has just announced that BMR will soon release Dallas 70, or New Orleans 70, the complete Matrix tapes, Feast Of Friends, HWY, or whatever. But that never happens. :(
avp2029

Post by avp2029 »

That's because Jeff doesn't announce anything anymore. :|
chris44

Post by chris44 »

the way pats radio kisses jeffs butt,i always thought they were one and the same.
klaus radiola

Post by klaus radiola »

chris44 wrote:the way pats radio kisses jeffs butt,i always thought they were one and the same.
:lol: :lol:
YourWildLove

Post by YourWildLove »

chris44 wrote:the way pats radio kisses jeffs butt,i always thought they were one and the same.
Ha, I genuinely think you may be correct. Pat's Radio is Jeff's "normal" account so he can say what he really thinks - or it could be his mum such is his love for Jeff :lol:
silentseason

Post by silentseason »

I seem to remember that jim91m was over at LL not too long ago, still pursuing his Toronto conspiracy theories. I think he has a good home there.

Thanks to Ed and Len for the forum; the quality here is what keeps me coming back.
You set the scene
The Royal Sperm

Post by The Royal Sperm »

pats is an ass licker :P
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
Arrina

Re: LL Boards.....lol

Post by Arrina »

rokritr wrote:Was really bored yesterday and saw a post on the barely alive LL message boards, where someone new to those boards was asking why the Doors "official" message boards were so dead.

And the few people still posting over there are blaming it on the functionality and lack of moderators, or that Jampol isn't posting there anymore, etc. Don't know of any other band forums that rely on a band's so-called manager posting on it, or that the moderation doesn't help people out. Check out the Zeppelin board...alive and vibrant.

The few remaining LL posters are either too new to remember or too stupid to point out the obvious (ie "certain posters who 'knew' Jim" who were so rude, obnoxious and literally delusional that they literally attacked nearly every post or opinion that anyone posted). Anyway, just was funny to see how that board has really gone too hell (and hearing the excuses of many who caused it), while other forums are more than alive and well.

Cheers!
I tried to go there yesterday and today and it is shut down...I wonder if this is temporary? These women who purport to have known Jim seem to be on a mission to prove themselves. They attack posters who just ask benign questions. Cannot understand why the moderators allow such nonsense.
Encuentro

Post by Encuentro »

Arrina wrote:
rokritr wrote:Was really bored yesterday and saw a post on the barely alive LL message boards, where someone new to those boards was asking why the Doors "official" message boards were so dead.

Cheers!
I tried to go there yesterday and today and it is shut down...I wonder if this is temporary? These women who purport to have known Jim seem to be on a mission to prove themselves. They attack posters who just ask benign questions. Cannot understand why the moderators allow such nonsense.
[/quote]
Yes, this happens periodically with the LL. It's a garbage forum in more ways than one.
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

I've finally stopped going there. What's the point really?
Starting pre production on a sketch show. More soon.

Follow me on twitter @purplesheepprd
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

Well today it's impossible to acess. That board has so many problems so often.
The Royal Sperm

Post by The Royal Sperm »

Silver Forest wrote:Well today it's impossible to acess. That board has so many problems so often.
inside problems? i think they are "cleaning" the boards
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

The Royal Sperm wrote:
Silver Forest wrote:Well today it's impossible to acess. That board has so many problems so often.
so, in your theory the LL is now the increasingly hygienic Lint Lizard?

:lol:
Arrina

Lint Lizard

Post by Arrina »

Silver Forest wrote:
The Royal Sperm wrote:
so, in your theory the LL is now the increasingly hygienic Lint Lizard?

:lol:
Oh this is too funny.....please send one over to the LL board pronto!
Arrina

Post by Arrina »

Cheers!
I go over there simply out of curiosity and to see if there is anything new coming along. I recently read on the LL that Tony Funches has written a book and included is his time with Jim as his body guard. That was new information and I will look for his book when it is published. What is so unnerving is that the grand madame of the board (no names mentioned but she is the one who has written extensively about her short time with Jim) is complaining that the board has lost many members and it is basically dead. She is clueless that it is her very attacks that has thrown the board into such shambles and disorder. The people who had interesting ideas and topics have either left or just do not care to post since an attack may be imminent. What is it that sets her off is anyone's guess. She will attack the most benign post and the moderators do not care. As far I can see she has the run of the board and is left to do as she pleases. I really think for some reason the moderators are either frightened of her acid tongue or they simply do not care. She and the other two women have bullied their way through the board for so long that it is now a dying thing longing for extinction. You know, people have routinely asked her about Jim and what he was like and it is usually a rather ambiguous reply on her part. She did write a story about him and there are people who are quite interested. But what the heck....what good does it do when she rides roughshod over the most innocent of posts.
Shoot, this woman is now 70. What a regrettable declaration of her life at this age with so much to prove.