Canceled Tour in Japan 1970

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

miltonjumbee

Canceled Tour in Japan 1970

Post by miltonjumbee »

Hello Vince,

Can you tell me more about this, please ?

Do you have information on the proposal of a tour in Japan from 15 March to 4 April 1970?

This tour, like some others, was canceled due to Morrison's legal troubles. But they already had dates and details of places where they should play?
Is it Dorothy Fujikawa's idea ? At this time (1970), The Doors were they known to Japan ?
Is that documents exist or was it just a project ? Jim opposed to the project ?

Sorry for all these questions :|

Thank you so much for all your answers on all questions. :D
vince

Post by vince »

Yes, We did have a tour to Japan planned. Yes, it was cancelled. Yes, the guys were disappointed. It may have been a result of the uncertainty of Jims court dates - remember that the Fall European tour was needlessly cancelled.

I do not know the reasons. Please understand that I was deliberately kept isolated from the business dealings. I knew we were reparing to go. All were disappointed that we did not. There is one possible source of information - John Densmore. You might go to his site and ask this question. I think he would be willing to provide the real story of the aborted Japan trip.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
miltonjumbee

Post by miltonjumbee »

Thank you :wink: Vince !