Beausoleil Parole transcript

LOVE was another great band from the 60's and of course VERY Doors related.
I think it would be great to have this special topic about the band who was such a big example for The Doors.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

silentseason

Beausoleil Parole transcript

Post by silentseason »

Nothing of importance here, but maybe worth passing on. Came across this recently: transcript of Bobby Beausoleil's 2008 parole hearing. He doesn't mention the band by name but he did make one brief LoVE reference during the proceding. Here it is:

INMATE BEAUSOLEIL: -- let me answer it this way. Okay? I can -- I think that I can answer this to some extent. First of all, I'm not racist. I've never really been racist deep down. I've never adopted a personal dislike or distaste for Black people, and I want to make that clear. As a musician, back in 1965, the first band that I ever joined was an interracial group. I don't have problem with Black people in any way. At the that I committed the crime I was emulating people who did, however, have racial views. And whether you want to characterize that as emulating Manson or the bike clubs that were hanging out that I wanted to be a part of or to be accepted by, to that extent I emulated some of their views. The belief that Charlie, for example, had killed a Black Panther led everyone who was hanging out in that area paranoid. There were -- You know, there were issues having to do with that, and that's just what developed. And it didn't make sense. I was trying to throw the police or whoever would be investigating this crime off my trail. I didn't know what the hell I was doing. I had no criminal experience at all in my life, and I made a lot of stupid blunders, made up a lot of stupid stories. So, there it is.

Here is a link if you want the whole thing, but if you don't want the bad vibes of him then I would think twice before reading.

http://www.cielodrive.com/bobby-beausol ... g-2008.php
You set the scene