THATCHER-21 gun salute & 5 mil shovels to Scotland

Introduce yourself to the forum or just get something off your chest in this off-topic area.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

jamestkirk

THATCHER-21 gun salute & 5 mil shovels to Scotland

Post by jamestkirk »

Not too much sadness in Britain over Thatcher's passing...I'm hearing more of a victory celebration from my UK friends it seems...dancing on her grave kind of stuff...a rather sad legacy written in history's pages by the Iron Lady.

So I guess some satire is in order!

A classic...

Fry & Laurie on Ms thatcher
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5eufYYpHwE

...so share some humor, satire or music like Stew did--good stuff.

Mock The Week 2008-Thatcher's Funeral

...and in other news a shipment of 5.2 million shovels have just been sent to Scotland..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFzNhLRAgEU

From Stew...The day that Margaret Thatcher dies - Pete Wylie
http://youtu.be/wcXi-VYy_Yw
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
Eni

Post by Eni »

Hello, I don't post on this board anymore but I was passing through and I thought why not post in this thread? Its relevant to whats been on my mind lately.

Well I'm a UK habitant and I'm not celebrating. Its awful. A poor old woman dies and theres an uproar of celebration? Wow. And apparently the 'wicked witch is dead' song from the Wizard of Oz is on the top of the UK charts now. The poor, dementia ridden old lady who died this week was no longer that evil witch who people are talking about. I wonder where all of this celebration was 10 years ago? The main celebrations I've come across are on tumblr by individuals who are even younger than I am. Whats it to them anyway?

Anyway, I thought I'd offer my contribution to this thread. RIP Lady Thatcher -- I for one have lots of respect for her.
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

Eni wrote:Hello, I don't post on this board anymore but I was passing through and I thought why not post in this thread? Its relevant to whats been on my mind lately.

Well I'm a UK habitant and I'm not celebrating. Its awful. A poor old woman dies and theres an uproar of celebration? Wow. And apparently the 'wicked witch is dead' song from the Wizard of Oz is on the top of the UK charts now. The poor, dementia ridden old lady who died this week was no longer that evil witch who people are talking about. I wonder where all of this celebration was 10 years ago? The main celebrations I've come across are on tumblr by individuals who are even younger than I am. Whats it to them anyway?

Anyway, I thought I'd offer my contribution to this thread. RIP Lady Thatcher -- I for one have lots of respect for her.
Thanks, Eni. Haven't heard from you in a long time, so thanks for your post.

Join in again from time to time. Always welcome.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

I find it a bit heartless people are celebrating Thatcher's death.
Yep she was a tough one. She did things that had a huge impact for the good and also the bad.
But people knew exactly what they would get when voting for her.
She didn't wiggle. You got what you voted for.
Also I think her part of ending the cold war is something not to be forgotton.

Honestly I think Europe could do with strong and up to front people like Thatcher in these times. Because Europe is going down the drain.
And looking back now to her opinion about Europe. She was exactly right.
So rest in peace Margaret Thatcher. With respect.
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

MistyJm wrote:I find it a bit heartless people are celebrating Thatcher's death.
Yep she was a tough one. She did things that had a huge impact for the good and also the bad.

Honestly I think Europe could do with strong and up to front people like Thatcher in these times. Because Europe is going down the drain.
Thanks, Moni.

Being an American, I can't fully relate to the anger Thatcher causes in the UK, especially Scotland. But every leader, usually has their highs and lows, their good deeds and bad. It all depends on where and to whom the deed was done, if you know what I mean.

But Thatcher certainly deserves to be respectfully remembered for the service she gave England, to the best of her abilities, whether we agree or not. A least she had the guts and will to publicly stand up for what she believed in--it's more than most of us can say.

Cheers, Moni!

-Aldous Huxley
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

jamestkirk wrote:
MistyJm wrote:I find it a bit heartless people are celebrating Thatcher's death.

Thanks, Moni.

Being an American, I can't fully relate to the anger Thatcher causes in the UK, especially Scotland. But every leader, usually has their highs and lows, their good deeds and bad. It all depends on where and to whom the deed was done, if you know what I mean.

But Thatcher certainly deserves to be respectfully remembered for the service she gave England, to the best of her abilities, whether we agree or not. A least she had the guts and will to publicly stand up for what she believed in--it's more than most of us can say.

Cheers, Moni!
That woman had bigger balls then any European leader in these times is my opinion. And basicly what we need. Especially with handling the ungoing Euro crisis.

Have a great weekend Scott. Enjoy. :D