JFK Bridgeport

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

The Freedom Man
Site Owner

JFK Bridgeport

Post by The Freedom Man »

August 1 1968 at stade municipal JFK in Bridgeport

Vince, what do you remember about this gig.Why were there only a handfull of people behind the gates?Bandboys maybe?
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
universalmind69

Post by universalmind69 »

I always thought that August 1st 1968 was at a indoor venue from all of the other pics from this performance...but now I see that this one is from the same venue and that it was indeed outdoors..
On another note, that color image is reversed...in all of the other pictures Ray is on Jims left side, like this one (you can also make out the entrance on the right..):

vince

Brisgeport

Post by vince »

No rason except special friends of Very special people. We rarely had more than 6 BB aroung at any time in one location. Besides, were they BB's they would have been on stage, behind the amp line.

If a BB preferred to have a seat in the audience, his next visit would be by ticket.

I can't really explain who they were. It did not matter to me or the group who was where as long as they were not on or trying to get on the stage.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

I believe the man half-standing in the blue or the one in the orange is photographer Joe Sia.
vince

Color of night

Post by vince »

In one color image the picture is reversed. Ray was always on the LEFT side of the stage (Facing the stage) and Robby was on the Right side with John and Jim at center rear and front respectively. In the correct orientation, I would be behind Robby. Not the Robby was using his Fender tape reverbe that night,

It was outdiirs at a stadium un this open front stage setting.

I was a cool night also. Unusual for August.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors