Dylan's Bootleg Series vol. 12. 1965-66

Introduce yourself to the forum or just get something off your chest in this off-topic area.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

Buda

Dylan's Bootleg Series vol. 12. 1965-66

Post by Buda »

Thought about this deserving its own thread outside 'What you're listening to now' if there's interest around here folks.

Just delved into the mammoth 18CD box set of his 1965-66 spectacular materials. These are earth shattering stuff. Every given minute of it.

Anyone currently into this heavenly release, either the 2CD or the 6CD versions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0azcWTluaQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EF1mDgfKKM
"Because when the crowds finally begin to accept you
you become the suspect of your artistry" Buk
fpicks

Post by fpicks »

Yes, I've been deep into this all week. Amazing stuff. He's creating these songs on the fly with each take becoming more fully formed.
Buda

Post by Buda »

Unbelievable really. As my avatar shows I'm also a huge Dylan fan. Been to his concerts but due to my relatively young age only in the 2000s. But I became passionate enough with his late years stuff, the disillusioned period not to regret it. Filmed his shows as well five times. But back to this topic, I guess you didn't buy it, giving 600+ USD for this box felt a bit of an exaggeration.

What's your favourite parts? Have you managed to go through the whole 18CD?
"Because when the crowds finally begin to accept you
you become the suspect of your artistry" Buk
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

An amazing set of Dylan material. Definitely worth try ing to find but yes...pricey.

I have Bootleg Series vol 1-3, The Basements Tapes bootleg series vol 11, The Great White Wonder (the first vinyl bootleg to be widely distributed), Where's The Gravity (an amazing bootleg)....all NM vinyl original pressings: Dylan's first through Blood On The Tracks and Desire (many in Mono which are far superior to the stereo especially Blond On Blonde mono vinyl)....many more...The Witmark Demos 1962-1964...some untitled boots

The Cutting Edge is one I have to get! What an amazing time...so many memories of Dylan in the 60's. Never saw him live but he is so much a part of my 60's soul...along with Pete Seeger
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley