David Bowie has died..

Discussions of other bands, including D21C/ROTS should go here.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

Buda

David Bowie has died..

Post by Buda »

After Lemmy, the year has apparently started....

Very sad news. All the more kudos and appreciation goes for Bowie, who was still working on his last powerful gift to us, that is Blackstar, which he yet managed to see released three days ago.
"Because when the crowds finally begin to accept you
you become the suspect of your artistry" Buk
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Re: David Bowie has died..

Post by The Freedom Man »

I found out when I woke up this morning.Very sad day.I've been a fan for many many years.Like someone said over at Steve Hoffman's forum,I just can not process this!
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
Mystery Train

Post by Mystery Train »

Yeah, it's so sad. I was so shocked this morning when I heard the news!
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

Shock, disbelief, then sadness...like the day Lennon died for me. a brother of the 60's and 70's...
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

It's all over the news here all morning and afternoon, it's like Elvis died! Every radio station also is playing Bowie and TV programs will have Bowie on tonight.
I was thinking to put on a record, but I still can't..
The Royal Sperm

Post by The Royal Sperm »

We miss the White Duke, i'm listening Hunky Dury right now
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

Another one gone. Sad RIP.
Starting pre production on a sketch show. More soon.

Follow me on twitter @purplesheepprd
Buda

Post by Buda »

After the superior Next Day 2yrs ago, anything he released was just icing on the cake, as I saw it and here we are at it again for the last time. And against all odds, the new album is a revelation. I urge everyone to listen to it as this is a useful and great companion for a farewell especially during these times. Bowie intentionally made this to be heard and now. He died on Sunday then he sings on the album "Where the fuck did Monday go?" I can't come to terms with how excellently he pulled this off and with such great precision, even if the prior example was by pure accident because he continues, "Look up here. I'm in heaven" and so on. Listening this feels like on other experience I have with no other albums I heard in my life and there were a couple... after numerous runs, this album, besides being an enormous masterpiece musically, also feels like one of the best artistic achievements on the field of relation to death, how one deals with it etc. He had 18 months and made it. A giant with 7 tracks.
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

Buda wrote:After the superior Next Day 2yrs ago, anything he released was just icing on the cake, as I saw it and here we are at it again for the last time. And against all odds, the new album is a revelation. I urge everyone to listen to it as this is a useful and great companion for a farewell especially during these times. Bowie intentionally made this to be heard and now. He died on Sunday then he sings on the album "Where the fuck did Monday go?" I can't come to terms with how excellently he pulled this off and with such great precision, even if the prior example was by pure accident because he continues, "Look up here. I'm in heaven" and so on. Listening this feels like on other experience I have with no other albums I heard in my life and there were a couple... after numerous runs, this album, besides being an enormous masterpiece musically, also feels like one of the best artistic achievements on the field of relation to death, how one deals with it etc. He had 18 months and made it. A giant with 7 tracks.
Well said...all so true. What a loss, yet what a gift to us all.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
Buda

Post by Buda »

A very deep and moving interview I wish more had been conducted with him. This is a must hear.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0160y7f
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Thanks, will check it out.
Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly »

This was a big shock to me, too. I first saw it while I was on Facebook and it came down my feed, just as the story was being released to the public. I had to go run it down to make sure it wasn't some awful hoax. But it wasn't. I've run into some interesting articles and even a message board that was opened up the day after he died.

This board opened up from the twitter account David Bowie Wonderworld and is associated with that. There is also a website called the same. They said the board was now open for anyone to post their thoughts, etc, and they asked that people be kind, nice, respectful, etc. Some fans, here, may want to check it out.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/8980
Watching the stars till they're gone,
like an actor all alone,
who never knew the story he was in,
who never knew the story ends.
Like the sky reflecting my heart,
all the colors become visible.
When the morning begins... I'll read the last line.