Hello....

Introduce yourself to the forum or just get something off your chest in this off-topic area.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

New_mercury

Hello....

Post by New_mercury »

Hi I'm obviously new here.
Thought I'd quickly introduce myself

I'm a child of the 80's but my music taste rarely leaves the 60's 70's and 80's
I listen to newer stuff but constantly find myself dragged back to the 70's I never knew

Big fan of Queen, Bowie, Rush, Deep Purple, Rainbow, The Beatles, The Who, Ian Hunter, Iron Maiden and a mountain of other bands..

The Doors have been one of these bands I've had, and enjoyed, all the studio albums for years but never really gotten into the live recordings, that's always a telling thing with me I love live recordings probably because I am late to the party and won't get to see many of my favourite artists on stage..., anyway that is until recently

Recently I've started getting live recordings, not long been at it but have the Hollywood Bowl release, Absolutely Live (fairly decent Vinyl for £5), in concert, and 2 releases from 'the doxy collection' of 70's concerts. I'm pretty certain the last 2 aren't official releases but can't seem to find much info on them

So now I'm here to delve deeper into The Doors and you've all been hired as my guides... congratulations!

And hello..
Buda

Re: Hello....

Post by Buda »

Welcome on board New_mercury!

..and forget everything you know! :D
"Because when the crowds finally begin to accept you
you become the suspect of your artistry" Buk
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

Welcome, I'm sure you'll find what you need here!
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

Welcome. Plenty to see and learn here.
Starting pre production on a sketch show. More soon.

Follow me on twitter @purplesheepprd
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

WELCOME!

Hundreds of live bootlegs to discover!!
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Welcome. Image
New_mercury

Post by New_mercury »

Thank you everyone so far I've just been reading through stuff on here. Some of your collections are amazing. I only have Absolutely Live on vinyl the rest is on CD... so far!
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

Collecting original vinyl can be an expensive proposition, and a time consuming process (it is especially hard to buy via eBay as i have found albums listed as NM that turn out to be crap--some foolish or unscrupulous sellers seem to think that if it is "vintage" vinyl, it is valuable no matter the condition. NOT).

If you have a local record shop that is not unreasonable in their pricing on their vinyl, be sure to grab any of the five Doors albums if you see them (in decent condition...VG to VG+ to NM). They will only get rarer and more expensive!

But live Doors bootlegs (and downloads) are everywhere and can be had for very little or even free, so enjoy the journey.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
New_mercury

Post by New_mercury »

jamestkirk wrote:Collecting original vinyl can be an expensive proposition, and a time consuming process (it is especially hard to buy via eBay as i have found albums listed as NM that turn out to be crap--some foolish or unscrupulous sellers seem to think that if it is "vintage" vinyl, it is valuable no matter the condition. NOT).

If you have a local record shop that is not unreasonable in their pricing on their vinyl, be sure to grab any of the five Doors albums if you see them (in decent condition...VG to VG+ to NM). They will only get rarer and more expensive!

But live Doors bootlegs (and downloads) are everywhere and can be had for very little or even free, so enjoy the journey.
Thanks there are a few really good, fairly reasonably priced, record shops in the city nearby. It's where I've found many good bargains. I've never used eBay as I have found descriptions to be more than misleading.

The record shop near work has the Workshop Sessions vinyl for £25 which seems a fairly decent price but I did want to focus on the original studio albums first
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

Good idea....the core and the best.

-Aldous Huxley
desertlizard

Post by desertlizard »

New_mercury wrote:Thank you everyone so far I've just been reading through stuff on here. Some of your collections are amazing. I only have Absolutely Live on vinyl the rest is on CD... so far!

not a bad thing, most of my collection are CDs (yeah cant afford a turntable) :twisted:
Carnival dog
pinhead

Post by pinhead »

Welcome to the best Doors forum of the web!