What's in your Doors Collection?

What Doors items do you have in your collection?

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

f2walsh

Re: What's in your Doors Collection?

Post by f2walsh »

lp's, cd's, and live recordings on cd.
mikesline

Post by mikesline »

few autographed stuff i got myself ,being LA native helped .
PedroKazit

Post by PedroKazit »

In internet this:
-Elektra artists promo album(January, 1972):Image
PedroKazit

Post by PedroKazit »

"Other Voices" 8 track tape:Image
PedroKazit

Post by PedroKazit »

PedroKazit

Post by PedroKazit »

In internet this 8 track tape of 1972:Image
PedroKazit

Post by PedroKazit »

In internet this 8 track tape(of 1973) quadraphonic "The Best of The Doors": http://www.ecrater.com/p/24762987/the-d ... adraphonic
The Royal Sperm

Post by The Royal Sperm »

Wolfgang's vault is on sale:

www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Original Ticket Coliseum Exhibition Park 20.4.1968 Toronto Canada

Search for the following Vinyl LP's:
The Doors - Leico PLS 3215 - Taiwan 67
Radio Show "Classic Call"
Buda

Post by Buda »

Stefan, if you could scan this ticket (front-back) in 300dpi, I'd be forever in your debt!
"Because when the crowds finally begin to accept you
you become the suspect of your artistry" Buk
Buda

Post by Buda »

Thanks for your efforts, much appreciated - only I meant in much higher resolution (5000x1500)!

...sorry for being imprecise
The Royal Sperm

Finally framed this one,

www.KatRecords.com
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Very nice! Congrats on the poster. =)
The Royal Sperm

TheDoorsMusic wrote:Very nice! Congrats on the poster. =)
Thanks Dan, i picked for $89, great price!
www.KatRecords.com
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

Nice, looking good!
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
Buda

Post by Buda »

Indeed nice one. And great framework too with the white borders.

Congrats on the price as well. It was a steal for less than a hundred bucks.
anytimecowboy

Post by anytimecowboy »

Buda wrote:Kris, this is the best I could get my hands on for some time and I'm almost sure this is sourced from here, by one of our spies, who were at the Rock N' Roll Museum in Seattle and took the risk. Every photo I saw of the poster were taken there, of David Swartz' piece. Never seen it on eBay or else either in the last decade. It's gotta be one of the top 3 most scarce Doors posters. However, hope someone can prove me wrong and come up with another print and in better resolution. ;)

Approx. size: 14"x22"

Sorry I was referring to this, does anyone know if its possible to get a decent scan or copy of this ?
'I've seen the future brother, it is murder'...
'whole new strange catacombs of wisdom

'''''We want Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque and we want it now''''
asdf40

Post by asdf40 »

Nothing special, just a dumb story.

Visited a girlfriend in Palo Alto, CA in mid 1998. The week I was there, I noticed a newspaper ad for Ray doing a book signing at a local bookstore.

Lucky me, great timing. However, being a kid (19) and being poor meant I didn't know the book-signing protocol, and I did not buy a copy of his $20 book. I stood in line just to meet him. I told him hello and then asked about Jim's HWY being released. Then I asked him to sign the only paper I had on me - which was a yellow towing slip for my girlfriend's car which had been towed that week for illegal parking. He was not too pleased with me.

I also met Terence McKenna at book signing not long after this one, and had yet another awkward encounter with a hero.

Buda

Post by Buda »

asdf40 wrote:Nothing special, just a dumb story.

Visited a girlfriend in Palo Alto, CA in mid 1998. The week I was there, I noticed a newspaper ad for Ray doing a book signing at a local bookstore.

Lucky me, great timing. However, being a kid (19) and being poor meant I didn't know the book-signing protocol, and I did not buy a copy of his $20 book. I stood in line just to meet him. I told him hello and then asked about Jim's HWY being released. Then I asked him to sign the only paper I had on me - which was a yellow towing slip for my girlfriend's car which had been towed that week for illegal parking. He was not too pleased with me.

I also met Terence McKenna at book signing not long after this one, and had yet another awkward encounter with a hero.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
davis

Post by davis »

I have 40+ bootlegs. I don't know that you want the whole list put here but I can if it's okay
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

That's fine.
giuliano

Post by giuliano »

Went to see Robby on June 1995 playing in Imola (Italy). Met him backstage and talked to him a while. Had my Strange Days w/ me...
Plastic soldiers in the miniature dirt war
Steeps

Post by Steeps »

asdf40 wrote:
Off topic for a Doors forum I know, but can you elaborate on your encounter with Terence McKenna? He's one of my heroes also, a legend and a true visionary.
Steeps

Post by Steeps »

Regarding the HWY movie poster above, does anyone know what the unreleased Doors tapes are that are mentioned on the poster?
anytimecowboy

Post by anytimecowboy »

Steeps wrote:Regarding the HWY movie poster above, does anyone know what the unreleased Doors tapes are that are mentioned on the poster?
ive long wondered the same
'I've seen the future brother, it is murder'...
'whole new strange catacombs of wisdom

'''''We want Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque and we want it now''''
asdf40

Post by asdf40 »

Steeps wrote:
Off topic for a Doors forum I know, but can you elaborate on your encounter with Terence McKenna? He's one of my heroes also, a legend and a true visionary.
Sorry for the off-topic story, but I think Jim would've loved hearing McKenna's thoughts and ideas.

The good takeaway from my encounter was that I saw him read and do a Q&A (around '99), then met him briefly and shook his hand. The bad part was my social awkwardness.

Again, I was about 19 and the internet still wasn't a universal resource for info. I had read a cryptic reference to Mckenna in an interview with musician Townes Van Zandt (Townes called him a psychedelic poet operating in the world of science). I made a mental note, but never found books or tapes. Then one day I was buying some products at a Head shop and noticed a McKenna article on the cover of a High Times magazine. I bought it and got a little more info.

Maybe a week later, I saw a small ad for McKenna doing a reading for "Food of the Gods" in Austin, Tx. I thought this was a cool coincidence! I went but still being slightly stupid (and poor), I only brought a photo of him from the High Times magazine. I should have known that I was supposed to buy a book, but dammit $25 (at retail) was a lot to swing for me at that time. McKenna books were not showing up in used/discount bins at that time.

So when I met him, he seemed miffed about my lack of a book. I told him that was on my list of things to do. He said High Times was a shitty magazine. I agreed, but HE was the one who agreed to the article. Ha ha. Besides, that was the "Connecting" media that linked me to him at that point....He had a very soft handshake and was very frail in his denim jacket. Afterwards, I felt so embarrassed that I blocked the experience out of my head. A bit later, I met a guy who was talking about McKenna saying he read Terence was very sick and unwell. Quite a loss, he was a fascinating guy.
Steeps

Post by Steeps »

asdf40 wrote:
Steeps wrote:
Sorry for the off-topic story, but I think Jim would've loved hearing McKenna's thoughts and ideas.

The good takeaway from my encounter was that I saw him read and do a Q&A (around '99), then met him briefly and shook his hand. The bad part was my social awkwardness.

Again, I was about 19 and the internet still wasn't a universal resource for info. I had read a cryptic reference to Mckenna in an interview with musician Townes Van Zandt (Townes called him a psychedelic poet operating in the world of science). I made a mental note, but never found books or tapes. Then one day I was buying some products at a Head shop and noticed a McKenna article on the cover of a High Times magazine. I bought it and got a little more info.

Maybe a week later, I saw a small ad for McKenna doing a reading for "Food of the Gods" in Austin, Tx. I thought this was a cool coincidence! I went but still being slightly stupid (and poor), I only brought a photo of him from the High Times magazine. I should have known that I was supposed to buy a book, but dammit $25 (at retail) was a lot to swing for me at that time. McKenna books were not showing up in used/discount bins at that time.

So when I met him, he seemed miffed about my lack of a book. I told him that was on my list of things to do. He said High Times was a shitty magazine. I agreed, but HE was the one who agreed to the article. Ha ha. Besides, that was the "Connecting" media that linked me to him at that point....He had a very soft handshake and was very frail in his denim jacket. Afterwards, I felt so embarrassed that I blocked the experience out of my head. A bit later, I met a guy who was talking about McKenna saying he read Terence was very sick and unwell. Quite a loss, he was a fascinating guy.
Wow, thanks for elaborating man. I've read Food of the Gods, very interesting book. McKenna was a unique character, a true one-off. Psychedelic poet in the world of science is a good descriptor for him. I have listened to hundreds of hours of his lectures, many times over, and I never get bored of them. I think Morrison would have appreciated the guy's ideas. McKenna was in Berkeley in 1967 and he was a Doors fan too I believe, he mentions them in a couple of his lectures.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Just kicked this topic to show you some of the rarer books in my collection

The first item is a book from 1981 by Bob Nibor & Clive Patrick, titled "Jim Morrison, an appreciation.. stumbling into neon."

The second item is a comic strip about the restaurant in the Rue de Beautreillis owned by mr Vieran Matovina in 1992.

See https://myalbum.com/album/stNcFb8UCDh2
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

Nice comic about Vieran. I’ve spend some hours there watching some video’s. He had a space decorated as a sort of “The Doors room” filled with Doors items. There were even bathroom tiles on the wall that came from Jim’s bathroom. He also showed me the menu from July 6th I believe, and Vieran said said the Jim’s last dinner was rabbit. I think later on he moved to a another place next to Pere Lachaise. Good memories..
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?