Television appearances

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

Moses

Television appearances

Post by Moses »

I'M really enjoying your point of view and candor here Vince.

The Ed Sullivan apperance has been wriiten about extensively. Anything you might care to add?

What about other TV appearances like The Smother's Brothers or American Bandstand, PBS's Critique, do you have any special memories of those times?

How did they work? On most it seems Jim was actually singing, but the boys weren't actually playing.
Whisky Whisky Whisky I wish I could be with ye, but my friends are Whisky Whisky Whisky.

I'M proud of the time I spent posting on The Doors official board and very grateful to have been publicly banned.
vince

TV & Exposure

Post by vince »

Some of thesewerebeforemytime.OThersIworkedon bith the equipment set up.

You are correctin that the musicians union rulesplacedsome real restrictionsin those days. Jim sometimes did lipsync and sometimes not.

There was thehustle of thestudio. Things went out live in those days. It was a bit tense. But exciting as well. There was no retake and if something went wrong it was too late.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors