Is Bright Midnight still active and are more releases on the way?

All about the Bright Midnight Releases.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

StrangeNightOfStone

Is Bright Midnight still active and are more releases on the way?

Post by StrangeNightOfStone »

Will any more live shows be released by the Doors Bright Midnight or has it run its course? It has been years since the last release. There is still stuff I hope they put out; The soundboard isle of Wight is long overdue. What the heck happened to the London Fog? Stockholm? New Orleans? Matrix upgrade? Bakersfield? The Dallas '70 second set that just surfaced?
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Re: Is Bright Midnight still active and are more releases on the way?

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

I'm not in the "know" but it's obvious it's run it's course. Where's the Fog or remastered Matrix. We are left guessing just like so many others.
davis

Post by davis »

This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqw-gGd ... TorJohnson is apparently the latest/last Doors recording to surface. Bright Midnight is apparently finished. Anything else would be a big surprise. I have a copy of this show if you want it.
tombstone

Post by tombstone »

On the Mild Equator site, it seems the Chicago Ampitheater late show from 2.15.70 has surfaced, an audience recording. I'd love to hear that. The Doors played Tell All The People at that show. I wonder if that show would be considered for release or perhaps just make it's rounds in trade circles so we can all enjoy it.
antero

Post by antero »

tombstone wrote:On the Mild Equator site, it seems the Chicago Ampitheater late show from 2.15.70 has surfaced, an audience recording. I'd love to hear that. The Doors played Tell All The People at that show. I wonder if that show would be considered for release or perhaps just make it's rounds in trade circles so we can all enjoy it.
I support the claim, and also why the 2nd Dallas show flacs failed to be distribuited?, and sad considering the original taper over YT always wanted to share his recording.
Buda

Post by Buda »

Strangely I don't have Len's first gen upload but have Liberty Man's remaster of that (speed issues, pitch correction).

I will upload it tonight, so noone will stay hungry ;)
"Because when the crowds finally begin to accept you
you become the suspect of your artistry" Buk
Buda

Post by Buda »

..oh and yeah, definitely it's a pitty a lossless version of the new Dallas show didn't make the rounds.

I wasn't d'ling the lossy version in hope the flacs will show up but I'm afraid now it ain't gonna happen anytime soon.
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

tombstone wrote:On the Mild Equator site, it seems the Chicago Ampitheater late show from 2.15.70 has surfaced, an audience recording. I'd love to hear that. The Doors played Tell All The People at that show. I wonder if that show would be considered for release or perhaps just make it's rounds in trade circles so we can all enjoy it.
I don't think it "surfaced". It is in the Doors archive and Dave mentioned that he heard it. It's not going to make the rounds if the Doors have the only copy (so far). Someone said that Dave said the quality is similar to Cleveland '68. Dave told someone else the quality was pretty good, so who knows for sure. Either way, don't count on hearing it.
tombstone

Post by tombstone »

wha happened wrote:
I don't think it "surfaced". It is in the Doors archive and Dave mentioned that he heard it. It's not going to make the rounds if the Doors have the only copy (so far). Someone said that Dave said the quality is similar to Cleveland '68. Dave told someone else the quality was pretty good, so who knows for sure. Either way, don't count on hearing it.
Thanks for the reply. That's really a shame if we don't get to hear it. I really enjoy the early show. On the old Doors board, I was always pushing for audience recordings to be released as a download. My thought was that it keeps packaging costs down (since there aren't any). King Crimson does this extensively on their site, seemingly to great effect. I've purchased many audience shows from them on their site. There's a certain charm in hearing those recordings.
mystery_train67

Post by mystery_train67 »

Buda wrote:..oh and yeah, definitely it's a pitty a lossless version of the new Dallas show didn't make the rounds.

I wasn't d'ling the lossy version in hope the flacs will show up but I'm afraid now it ain't gonna happen anytime soon.
My guess is that one day you'll see a lossless, speed corrected version surface. That's a guess...
"Have a few beers, and take your time..."
Buda

Post by Buda »

mystery_train67 wrote: My guess is that one day you'll see a lossless, speed corrected version surface. That's a guess...
Yeah, definitely, only I'm afraid it will take years...

...and the Chicago '70 recording is now available at the Audio Recordings section. Sorry for the delay.

http://www.thefreedomman.com/forum/view ... =44&t=5816
mystery_train67

Post by mystery_train67 »

Buda wrote:
mystery_train67 wrote: My guess is that one day you'll see a lossless, speed corrected version surface. That's a guess...
Yeah, definitely, only I'm afraid it will take years...

...and the Chicago '70 recording is now available at the Audio Recordings section. Sorry for the delay.

http://www.thefreedomman.com/forum/view ... =44&t=5816
Is this version of Chicago early different from the version that went around a few years ago?
"Have a few beers, and take your time..."
Buda

Post by Buda »

Besides this 1st gen remaster, I believe first the DCM version got out. Then there's a different gen CDR version and Len's first gen copy that I know of.
tombstone

Post by tombstone »

Thank you for sharing a remastered copy of Chicago 1970! I did my own remastering on this show a few years back but never shared it anywhere because of the Boot Yer Butt thing. I wasn't sure if some of the tracks were on that release.
Lost Prophet

Post by Lost Prophet »

wha happened wrote: I don't think it "surfaced". It is in the Doors archive and Dave mentioned that he heard it. It's not going to make the rounds if the Doors have the only copy (so far). Someone said that Dave said the quality is similar to Cleveland '68. Dave told someone else the quality was pretty good, so who knows for sure. Either way, don't count on hearing it.
That's the main reason why tapers should never send their tapes to the Doors archive (they are postponing sharing those tapes to eternity). If that's the only copy, as you say, we won't hear it at all.
tombstone

Post by tombstone »

That's really foolish to finally acquire these tapes after decades only to keep them from being heard by the people who would love them most...us. Why do they bother asking for uncirculated shows when they have no intention of releasing them to the public?
Buda

Post by Buda »

So they can hoard it, so they can capitalize on it when its content finally becomes relevant again (if ever).

It's a great financial concept, see diamonds and other examples, only a pity to be used in the fields of arts.
tombstone

Post by tombstone »

It certainly makes it clear that, if you've got uncirculated tapes of the Doors, you should share them with like-minded music enthusiasts. Don't turn them over to the Doors management where they will linger, unheard by any hardcore fans...
davis

Post by davis »

Speaking of lingering, any word on the Fog recording?
Buda

Post by Buda »

Don't get me wrong, but ask the motherfuckin Jeff Jampol, exactly how many times he is about to fuck us over in the future with his false, uninspired notions... exactly how long? So we can funally have a fuckin clue about their shady business manouvers and expect only the what is the reality. Like Fuckin sneackers, t-fuckun shirts and all the bullshit the Co. is willing to invest in. But of course never into real substance. Cauz that would mean correspondence, moreover a damn settlement in terms of all the unpublished and unreleased stuff they should release if they really about to show what the Doors or Jim was all about. Somethin like the Fog. Or even the Matrix which they really did fuck us over... so the ball is on their side but i doubt the have anything particularly in their mind, despite the anniversary which the only thing they have eyes for.
Mystery Train

Post by Mystery Train »

I really have to say that if they fuck up the promised 2017 "Year of The Doors", there is no hope for me in the future.
That means I expect: London Fog and Matrix - at least!! If those don't come - I'm done hopping :-(
PoorOtis D&G

Post by PoorOtis D&G »

I share in the frustration. Why tease the hardcore fans with things that have yet to come true, we are the ones that buy that re re re re release for that one new unheard track. At first I was just thinking that they were just taking their time with these (Matrix and London Fog) releases given the botched "year of the Doors " a few years back but it has been more than enough time to get these issues corrected. I'm hopping they do, out do themselves with new exciting stuff but I am expecting the same ol same ol.
kostis

Post by kostis »

davis wrote:This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqw-gGd ... TorJohnson is apparently the latest/last Doors recording to surface. Bright Midnight is apparently finished. Anything else would be a big surprise. I have a copy of this show if you want it.
omg, this is beautiful
In that year, we had an intense visitation of energy
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

BMA really seems to be a Doors Music Company moniker used in conjunction with mainstream Warner product. BMR was a mail-order/internet collectors' label, that allegedly licensed music from Warner. Now that BMA functions differently than BMR, it seems unlikely that there will be releases of questionable commercial quality, such as the complete Rock Is Dead session (Jampol once stated he never would have released Backstage & Dangerous) or additional audience recordings. Mainstream things like Isle of Wight are technically BMA releases, but really, they are mainstream product through Warner.
davis

Post by davis »

they could give the audio from Isle of Wight an official release, even though plenty of people would pay for the DVD.
lovemygirl
Banned

Post by lovemygirl »

... I would love to have work done on the 'The Doors' - Live in Toronto 1969 concert!...there some excellent audio sources out there that performance.
The Royal Sperm

Post by The Royal Sperm »

Paty said on SHF about the release os ALL BMA shows on Vinyl,

what will we get on RSDBF? i assume a new a brand remaster of a well known album in colored vinyl :mrgreen:
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
lovemygirl
Banned

Post by lovemygirl »

... 'absolutely live' on upcoming RSD release on blue vinyl...
lovemygirl
Banned

Post by lovemygirl »

...some cool vinyl records are being prepared...
....strange days 50th anniv. release coming...and more matrix releases are fast approaching ...:righton:
Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
Sep 22, 2017

...I posted this a while back on the Hoffman site..
When I wrote 'Some cool vinyl records are being prepared' I was talking about the new RSD release of 'absolutely live'
On blue vinyl....
lovemygirl
Banned

Post by lovemygirl »

lovemygirl wrote:... I would love to have work done on the 'The Doors' - Live in Toronto 1969 concert!...there some excellent audio sources out there that performance.
...anybody else interested in having the performance released thru BMR /BMA / Rhinohandmade etc . ???