Diane Gardiner

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

Stuart

Diane Gardiner

Post by Stuart »

Hi Vince! I was wondering,"Back in the Day" Did you ever meet/converse with a lady called Diane Gardiner?, she was a friend of Pam's if my memory serves me right.
nephron

Post by nephron »

Didn't Jim force some P.O.S. rock critic (who had been critical of him) to sing a song in front of everybody at Gardiner's house, proceed to get shatfaced, laid on Diane's bed, asked her to >>>> him, and then passed out after she shut him down?
"People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."--Einstein on the death of a friend.
vince

Gardiner

Post by vince »

Hi - No I cannot say that I recall meeting any gardiners.Generally, in Los Angeles, they are of Hispanic origin.

I did not hand around with Pam. I was in her "Store" several times with Jim and Frank L. She came to the office on some occasions to fight with Jim.But I did not associate with any of her froeinds.

What Jim might have done to huimiliate some DJ is likely to be true. Getting drunk and passing out is more than likely.

Since I did not traipse around with any of them I cannot confirm what went on at private parties and gatherings in restaurants.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
$unshine

Post by $unshine »

And how was it, Vince ? You can tell us your "story" in details ? :)
You were often with Frank, Babe, Paul, Leon and Jim ?

Its "Feast of Friends" [of Jim] always fascinated me of a certain point_
can be because of the poems, cinema and beer at the same time. Probably.
" The way we talk is the way we think.
And the way we think is the way we act.
And the way we act is where we are. "
windchime

Post by windchime »

Hi Stuart,

I know you asked Vince, but I can tell you a few things. Diane was Pam's neighbor and very close friend. She often hung around and solcialized with Jim and Pam as they were neighbors. When Ben-Fong Torres interviewed Jim right before he left for Paris, Jim was waiting around for Pam to get back and it was spur of the moment interview that lasted over an hour. Anyway, Diane is alive and well and doing fine. I hope that helps in some way, I may be able to tell you more in the future.

Have a nice day,

Wendy~ :D
waitingforthesun

Post by waitingforthesun »

Diane has passed away about a year ago.
I think it was from cancer.
vince

Post by vince »

REPLY TO SUNSHINE

I Never "Hung Around with Paul Ferrara, Babe Hill or Leon Bernard. I did not and do not Drink. I had no interest in wasting my time with bars, drinking parties, drugs and the empty, vacuous, people who spend their time in such useless activity.

At that time, and yet today, I enjoy reading, Movies, Educational/scientific TV, studying history, building organs and listening to classic music. My preferences in this area is primarily the literature of the Pipe Organ, minimally the Baroque school and Generally the French Symphonic music. I also do enjoy the great music of the Orchestral style as well. Piano concertos, the master works symphonies and concertos with other instruments. I have no like for any of the "Modern" composers and their failed efforts that produce little more than cacophony. Discordant, unhormonious, without theme, melody or counterpoint. In fact, in most cases the conductor or organist has to signal that they are "Finished" the piece before the audience even know it has really ended - likely mush to their relief.

In any case, before I get to far side-tracked into a diatribe of musical interests, I have a lot to keep me occupied and I do not need to waste my time or physical well being in wasted enterprise. For those who feel the need for drink or drugs I suggest reading the Silmarillion, followed by The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings trilogy. That will keep you busy for 6 months or so - enough to find that there is a wonderful world of art, music and literature. Did I mention that I like art and sculpture as well? ll, I hope I am not too harsh in expression my personal preferences. What other people do is none of my affair. Does anyone remember the famous line - Rome offers you Peace, Rome offers you War - You choose which - To Rome, it makes no difference.

Isn't that wonderful!! Boy what a statement. So the time allowed me for cinciousness gave me the chance to be creative or to waste my time in mind altering endeavors. I chose to be creative. To the Universe - It makes no difference. To the Universe, time in nearly infinite.

Ok, I am stepping down off the soapbox now. Have a nice week-end.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

waitingforthesun wrote:Diane has passed away about a year ago.
I think it was from cancer.
Oh wow. That's a shocker. Thanks for the info.

A few years ago a friend of mine came to visit and we visited Pam's burial site in Orange County on 4/25 and while I was snapping away pics, we ran into a guy (who thought Cliff Morrison was going to show up so he waited for him) and he started saying how he tracked down Diane and actually sent her a birthday cake for her birthday and was able to talk to her on the phone. I can’t remember everything he said but I thought he came across as truthful and knowledgeable.
This guy just came out of nowhere and had a lot to tell about Cliff and Diane. I asked if he was a member of the doors forum and he said no. I today often wonder who that guy was.
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

vince wrote:REPLY TO SUNSHINE

I Never "Hung Around with Paul Ferrara, Babe Hill or Leon Bernard. I did not and do not Drink. I had no interest in wasting my time with bars, drinking parties, drugs and the empty, vacuous, people who spend their time in such useless activity.

At that time, and yet today, I enjoy reading, Movies, Educational/scientific TV, studying history, building organs and listening to classic music. My preferences in this area is primarily the literature of the Pipe Organ, minimally the Baroque school and Generally the French Symphonic music. I also do enjoy the great music of the Orchestral style as well. Piano concertos, the master works symphonies and concertos with other instruments. I have no like for any of the "Modern" composers and their failed efforts that produce little more than cacophony. Discordant, unhormonious, without theme, melody or counterpoint. In fact, in most cases the conductor or organist has to signal that they are "Finished" the piece before the audience even know it has really ended - likely mush to their relief.

In any case, before I get to far side-tracked into a diatribe of musical interests, I have a lot to keep me occupied and I do not need to waste my time or physical well being in wasted enterprise. For those who feel the need for drink or drugs I suggest reading the Silmarillion, followed by The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings trilogy. That will keep you busy for 6 months or so - enough to find that there is a wonderful world of art, music and literature. Did I mention that I like art and sculpture as well? ll, I hope I am not too harsh in expression my personal preferences. What other people do is none of my affair. Does anyone remember the famous line - Rome offers you Peace, Rome offers you War - You choose which - To Rome, it makes no difference.

Isn't that wonderful!! Boy what a statement. So the time allowed me for cinciousness gave me the chance to be creative or to waste my time in mind altering endeavors. I chose to be creative. To the Universe - It makes no difference. To the Universe, time in nearly infinite.

Ok, I am stepping down off the soapbox now. Have a nice week-end.
Thanks for your recollections, Vince! Looking forward to more. =)
vince

Post by vince »

Hello:

This Diane Gardiner is a mystery to me. Likely because she never came to the office as far as I know. She might have been in Pam's store but I was not introduced nor did I spend too much time on any particular visit - of which there were few.

There are likely several people who come in to make statements, profound observations or claim to have some special knowledge about Jim. No one can really verify whether they speak the truth or not unless they make claims or statements which we who were current with Jim can prove to be incorrect or false.

Jim traveled. He met many people. He was a very likeable guy when he was sober, though a bit shy.

I do not believe the Frank Lisciandro had much social ties with Paul or Babe Hill. I know that Babe and Paul were friends and worked together on the filming during 1968. How they were connected, when and why I have no idea.

Several individuals or groups of people came together when Jim had money and was on a move to go drinking or partying. These people vanished when the funds ran out. I do not know of the relationship between Paul and Jim after Highway was completed filming. I know the Frank L. worked on it. Frank was very good at his work and devoted hundreds of hours to editing, cuting and preparing the film for the final cut. He did all that work in the Doors office in the back room behind the rehearsal room. This is the same room that later was used for recording equipment. I believe Frank took many photos from this place as well. Frank and Jim were close friends. Frank, as many of you know, has an extensive library of photos of Jim over a long period of time. These photos are deally a documentation of Jim and stand today as an outstanding rendition of Jim on and off stage.

By the way, I felt Frank had grabbed a lot of things from Jim (After he died) Frank was wiser than all of us put together. He saved a great many things that would be otherwise lost. I was wrong in my quick judgement. Frank's goal was to prevent those things from falling to the wrong hands and was not, in any way, based on greed or other less noble intentions.

I wonder why anyone whould go visit Pam's grave? What is there to see, hear or observe? What is this fascination with the dead that people go to cemetaries to visit the place of internment of strangers - especially such a useless wreck of humanity as Pam - likely the one who ras responsible for, or seriously contributory to Jim's death.

I wish I could be more definitive about the various relationships among the outer circle of people around Jim. I did not socialize with them. It becomes impossible, without using a vivid imagination, to give any indication of what they did, with whom and when.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
manuel08

Post by manuel08 »

hi vince, that stuff you felt that frank could had grabbed, could be photos?

while you weren't around at the office during l.a. woman studio session, were you around during the soft parade session or morrison hotel?

when i met frank in the late 90's in italy i ask him why ferrara wasn't in the feast of friend book. he reply me cause ferrara haven't a good recall of morrison.

i wonder same that you on courson grave and cemetaries in general.
vince

Post by vince »

Hello Again.

Frank DI NOT take any photos, pictures, film or anything similar that did not beling to him. Frank had no need to take photos. He had many hundreds of photos that he personally took.

Without elaborating, Frank rescued soe equipment that would have fallen into the hands of those far less deserving and who might also be completely ignorant of the purpose and use of this equipment. Let's say that under the circumstances Frank did take proper emergency actions. I can imagine that Frank put that equipment to much better use that had it not been removed.

Let's leave it at that
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
manuel08

Post by manuel08 »

ah ok thanks , cause someone said me frank bought some the doors photos, and reading your late post talking about things he could had grabbed, i thought were photos. btw frank took thousands of pics.
vince

Post by vince »

Manual

Let's be clear - Frank did not "Grab" anything. He removed some equipment that Jim had bought to prevent the vultures from decending onto the booty and not treating it with respect. I was far better in Franks habnds that it might have been anywhere else. When one reflects, it is just likely that Jim would have approved of this affair considering what was to follow.

Frank is an honest guy. I make clear, I liked him. He taught me mush in the way of cinema photography and editing. He was instrumental in my obtaining a very expensive first class camera. He introduced me to some important people. He was patient, friendly and sincere.

Frank took a great number of photos of Jim as an individual, and the group involved in many situations. He did so at his own expense. He assembled many of them into at least one book and was well rewarded for his efforts. He also brought to the general public many views of the individual and collective Doors that would have been lost to posterity had he not spent the time and effort in his endeavor.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
manuel08

Post by manuel08 »

vince wrote: Frank is an honest guy. I make clear, I liked him. He taught me mush in the way of cinema photography and editing. He was instrumental in my obtaining a very expensive first class camera. He introduced me to some important people. He was patient, friendly and sincere.
he looked frankness, sincere to me and enough patient.
vince wrote: Frank took a great number of photos of Jim as an individual, and the group involved in many situations. He did so at his own expense. He assembled many of them into at least one book and was well rewarded for his efforts. He also brought to the general public many views of the individual and collective Doors that would have been lost to posterity had he not spent the time and effort in his endeavor.
yes he did that for an hour for magic where there are hundreds photos never seen before at the time and that caught excellent portrait of morrison which him brought out for us, one of you and him in new york though.
vince wrote: Let's be clear - Frank did not "Grab" anything. He removed some equipment that Jim had bought to prevent the vultures from decending onto the booty and not treating it with respect. I was far better in Franks habnds that it might have been anywhere else. When one reflects, it is just likely that Jim would have approved of this affair considering what was to follow. .
sorry vince but i don't understand which are morrison equipment that frank removed. while is very clear when you talk about vultures and what morrison would have approved.

here what frank wrote to ferrara.

" i would very much like to be involved in a release of hwy. i don't think the doors should be involved because jim didn't want them involved in any aspect of the making of the film,.."

it was jim's indisputable desire to keep his poem and hwy clearly and distinctly separate from his work with the doors."

speaking of honest people. thanks for writing us.

source:
first flash of eden pag. 384
by paul ferrara
vince

Post by vince »

Regards the Highway film - Jim hired Paul and Frank to make that film. He did so at his expense. Neither The Doors partnership no any other membered thereof contributed any money to that project. They did not make any claim to any part of that project as far as I know. Highway was a completely independant film funded by Jim alone.

It is logical but un-necessary for Frank to have sent such a message to Paul unless Paul was making attempts to involve the Doors organization in the distribution of the film after Jim died.

I personally believe that Jim did not expect any of the group to provide any form of support, other than the use of the Doors office for the purpose of editing. In fact, as I remember, Frank moved to a different facility to edit that film. There was never any direct connection between Jim's production and the other three guys.

In the end, by the way, this film cost so much that it drained Jim's resources and this, in turn, caused him financial problems while in Paris.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
vince

Post by vince »

The nature, value and extent of equipment removed by Frank will not be discussed. Don't ask, Don't tell.

If you desire to know exact details, Ask Jim.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
manuel08

Post by manuel08 »

vince wrote:The nature, value and extent of equipment removed by Frank will not be discussed. Don't ask, Don't tell.
hi again, no..no..if you wan't/can't say IS ok. really i didn't understand that ok ?? :wink:
thanks for keep posting much appreciate.

i asked you about if you were around during the soft parade/morrison hotel studio session for know about if you remember photographs took pictures, but i understand that could be difficult for you remember these type of situations after all these years.
vince

Post by vince »

I was "Around, of course. It was my job to be in attendance for rehearsals and recording sessions.

Frank took photos any timne he could and did so in great number. Again, we have to thank this expensive and time consuming endeavor for the many photos we have today of Jim and the group on and off stage.

I took a very few photos on Hawaii but did not take pictures at other times. I was too busy. I had responsibilities before, during and after each show and no time to stop to take pictures. I regret it now but I was not inclined - at that time - to do anything that would cross the line between a working relationship and using my position for personal purposes.

Frank was not in that awkward position and had the freedom to go as far as he felt appropriate. Remember also that he was a close friend of Jim's
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
manuel08

Post by manuel08 »

vince wrote:I was "Around, of course. It was my job to be in attendance for rehearsals and recording sessions.

Frank took photos any timne he could and did so in great number. Again, we have to thank this expensive and time consuming endeavor for the many photos we have today of Jim and the group on and off stage.

I took a very few photos on Hawaii but did not take pictures at other times. I was too busy. I had responsibilities before, during and after each show and no time to stop to take pictures. I regret it now but I was not inclined - at that time - to do anything that would cross the line between a working relationship and using my position for personal purposes.

Frank was not in that awkward position and had the freedom to go as far as he felt appropriate.
yes, actually frank doesn't seemed to me he was "official the doors photograph"and he took thousands of pics and had freedom to go cause he was morrison close friend.

nice about your personal pics.

sicerelly i wonder why there aren't ferrara pics during 69-70 era.was he again there vince? working with the doors? can you say me something on this?
vince wrote:Remember also that he was a close friend of Jim's
believe it o not there is people that never understand yet. probably jealous about interection between morrison and frank at the time. also they have problem with frank sincerity.
morrison asked frank to visit him in paris, we have the letter. these men were really close friends.
vince

Post by vince »

Frank was a person who was completely independant of the Doors and any function within the group. Frank was hired by the Doors to edit their movie - "Feast of Friends". Other than that there was no relationship.

Indeed, Franks was a close friend of Jim's. I believe I mentioned that he was, aside from Ray, likely closer to Jim and any other person.

Regars Paul Ferrara. He was hisred as a camera-man to take the films later used for Feast of Friends. He never did "Work with the Doors". He was hired to do one job in 1968 and when that job was completed his relationship was ended.

He did associate with Jim. Jim hired him to do the filming of "Highway". This had no relationship with the Doors organization. This was a prive endeavor funded by Jim.

I cannot say whether Paul took still photos or not. I had nothing to do with Highway and was only occasionally seen in any part of Feast of Friends.
I could not pay attention to any people who were authorized to be in and around the boys and on stage or in rehearsal. To my fading memory, I cannot say that Paul took photos or that he was even present after the Group completed filming for Feast of Friends. This probably accounts for his failure to exhibit, sell or otherwise profit from his photography.

I have several rolls of film and prints that I took during the filming of the Doors movie in 1989/1990.

I think that answers your questions.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
manuel08

Post by manuel08 »

vince wrote:Frank was a person who was completely independant of the Doors and any function within the group. Frank was hired by the Doors to edit their movie - "Feast of Friends". Other than that there was no relationship..

ok.
vince wrote:Regars Paul Ferrara. He was hisred as a camera-man to take the films later used for Feast of Friends. He never did "Work with the Doors". He was hired to do one job in 1968 and when that job was completed his relationship was ended.
He did associate with Jim. Jim hired him to do the filming of "Highway". This had no relationship with the Doors organization. This was a prive endeavor funded by Jim.
I cannot say whether Paul took still photos or not. I had nothing to do with Highway and was only occasionally seen in any part of Feast of Friends.
I could not pay attention to any people who were authorized to be in and around the boys and on stage or in rehearsal. To my fading memory, I cannot say that Paul took photos or that he was even present after the Group completed filming for Feast of Friends. This probably accounts for his failure to exhibit, sell or otherwise profit from his photography.
I think that answers your questions.
yes,thanks same for take a look for me there.
vince wrote:Indeed, Franks was a close friend of Jim's. I believe I mentioned that he was, aside from Ray, likely closer to Jim and any other person

surely RM was the person that spend more time with morrison since he was in los angeles almost 7 years. more that frank.they weren't close during school time and surely the doors were very close during early time, social life toghether i want say.but at the some point something happened and change view.
-when i met frank in italy late 90's years and talked him a few minutes during a informal conversation he said me clearly that he doesn't like the doors and that they sold james morrison for 30 money-
i don't know about with reference to exactly,maybe some tragic decision they took, and they took,here for instance what ferrara wrote in his book at page 137 "he was totally against the corporate use of their art. it blew up in all their faces, about how it was supposed to be all for one and one for all. he never trusted them again after that." after that is buick commercial, and them are manzarek,densmore,krieger.
vince wrote:I have several rolls of film and prints that I took during the filming of the Doors movie in 1989/1990.

speaking of tragic decision.
manuel08

Post by manuel08 »

if with attributed to him, you want say that isn't frank thought, this is not true. no need to have detail, "we" have proof of that.and i didn't no one question but point out a simple truth about what frank think about rm&c.
vince

Post by vince »

Oh Dear.Here we go. I think it would be a good suggestion on my part that no one, ever, for any reason, under any circumstances tell me what I want - or don't want, to say. I do not leave my comments for enterpretation. I say exactly what I mean and I mean exactly what I say. There is no need to second guess me, not ever. That said, I will endeavor to reconstruct what I tried to say, accurately and correctly, yesterday.

Jim was never sold for 30, more or less pieces of silver. Jim was a member of a musical ensemble consisting of Four (4) people. It was not Jim Morrison and the Doors. It was the Doors, Jim morrison lead singer.

Jim met Ray Manzarek at UCLA film school. At that time Ray and his brothers had a band - Rick and the Ravens. Jim showed Ray some of his lyrics and perhaps a representation of the tunes that he thought would go well with them. Ray was very enthusiastic and invited Jim to attend his group and see what would happen. Something did happen. His brothers resented his presence. Dissention became greater that cohesion and the group broke up.

Ray contacted John Donsmore and Robby Krieger, already fast friends, whom he had met at some meditation meetings. Ray, John, Robby and Jim got together and apparently everyone seemd to work well together. Thus, the Doors were born. Rick and what remained of the Ravens, flew off to anonimity.

Let us remember that Jim was not the only member of that group who contributed to the music. Robby write words and music for Light My Fire. This was not the only piece he wrote that became popular. How Jim felt about this can only be conjecture. Personally, I cannot believe that Jim was envious, jealous or upsetin any way over the success of Robby's contributions.

One must remember that whent he Doors were formed, Robby's father insisted that it be a partnership and that decisions of all members had to be agreed to by all. With that in mind let us turn to the point of contention - The selling of Jim.

In fact it was the use of Light My FIre by GM for a buick ad on TV. TO understand how this happened we must turn back the clock to those times of yesteryear. When groups signed with recording companies it was policy that the group assigned the copy rights to all their original music to the recording company. There was a valid reson for this.

In those early days of the 1960 ers, groups came and went like the winds of Autumn. They would record and release what they thought was their signature piece as a single. This was played on all the Pop stations and, of course, promoted in the record stores. If it was a hit the group then returned to studio to record a full album, on which that same signature piece would be repeated. In many cases the albums did not sell, the recording company lost money. If they had the copyrights they could license the music to other groups who might make the music into something saleable and the recording company could then recover the initial investment.

There was another problem as well, Groups whould do a recording, have a smash hit and go on a spending spree. Oft times this included drug binges. Inevitably this resulted in arrests, dissention withing the group or a general malaise. Regardless of the cause, the result as the break-up of the group. Again bringing financial losses to the recording compnay which, based on the success of the first album, had invested a lot of promotional money to build the goups popularity. Remember that, in thise days, it was not uncommon to buy air time through pay-off to the most popular radio DJ's.

SO, when the Doors signed with Elektra they followed precedent and signed over the rights to their music. General Motors was promoting the new model Buick. What better way to get the attention of the masses than to use the most popular tune of the times. They approached Jac Holzman and, of course for a nice fat fee, agred to allow GM to use Light My Fire in the ad.

The event became known to the Doors when the ad was released. To say that that were not pleased would be a serious understatement. They had trusted Holzman to do what was the right thing. One must remember that Elektra was nothing more than a repackaging studio until they signed the Doors. They made Holzman's fortunes. And he betrayed them.

It is not strange that Jim, who did not write that world famous music, was the most angered by this incident. In any case, they Doors went to Holzman and pretty much expressed their feelings, which at that time were pretty negative. Though he appologized and told them that an incident like that would not happen again, he reminded them that Elektra did own the rights to their music. It was not necessary for him to inform anyone of his intentions or to ask permission to use the music as he saw fit - which is to say, as he saw the greatest profit.

This left the Doors with a simering anger and resentment. This was to later come back on Holzman.

This is the fact of the matter. The Doors did not, could not and would not "Sell" Jim. What would be the benefit? What would be the result? Commons sense - and we are dealing with four intelligent people, whould suggest that no one was going to antagonize anyone else. How would the group work harmoniously thereafter if this was true?

There are people in this world who have idolized Jim Morrison. He has been compared to Dionisius, It has been suggested by some, who apparently know little of the great works of literature, that Jim was the greatest poet of the 20th Century. In my humble opinion, nothing couls be furhter from the truth.

I will stop at this point lest, for the second time, I lose my response. I do hope that this clearly explains the real story of how and why GM was able to use one of the most famous pieces of music of 1968.

By the way, did anyone notice, observe, read, acknowledge that I said Frank Lisciandro did NOT say the Jim was sold? I think not. This is why you NEVER, tell me, or anyone else, what I said.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
vince

Post by vince »

Well, it happened again. The commentary on Jim's being a poet has vanished and I don't know why. I don't have the energy or time to write it all over again. Besied my writing come spontaneously. It is not edited, with the exception of grammar and sometimes spelling. In fact it was while checking spelling that something happened and - Pof, All Gone.

I had a wonderful dinner tonight. Bulgogi. Delicious. Come on over and we'll take you to dinner.

We built a pipe crate today. It is 26 feet long. A monster. We have to build 2 more tomorrow. What a day. We have to remove 70 case pipes - the pipes across the front of the organ - next week. This a precurser to cleaning the organ of 25 years of dust and bugs. Yes, bugs. They get in the pipes, way down at the bottom, and can not get out. they starve and die leaving their crispy little husks to annoy the tuner.

Well, guys. Have to go for now. Ihave "Work" to do to prep for tomorow. Waiting for more comments. things have sort of droped off since my anti-drug diatribe. No matter what, you have to stick with your principals - or you have no principals... like someone else we used to know.

Big holiday comeing up. Harvest festival. 4 day vacation as the moon comes full and golden.

Take care guys, luv you all. send the messages - it keeps life interesting.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
manuel08

Post by manuel08 »

vince he said me so and i just point out the thing.
vince wrote: I believe I mentioned that he was, aside from Ray, likely closer to Jim and any other person.
according with paul ferrara who was in my opinion morrison friend, and according him, close friend, morrison never trusted of 'em again after that so i find difficult that morrison and rm were so close friend.
in my opinion rm was jealous about interection between morrison and faux doors, babe,frank,ferrara.
vince

Post by vince »

Please explain who it was that Jim did not trust and why.

Please tell me, and the forum, who said that Peul was a very close friend.

Where did you get the idea that paul and Babe Hill were friends of Frank Lisciandro.

This whole thing seems to be getting into the realm of fantasy and wishful thinking.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
manuel08

Post by manuel08 »

vince wrote:Please explain who it was that Jim did not trust and why.
ask to ferrara. i agree with his statement simply. all this schocked you. why?
vince wrote:This whole thing seems to be getting into the realm of fantasy and wishful thinking.
can you kindly explain exactly where you find that real of fantasy in what i wrote. in my opinion real of fantasy is claim that rm and morrison were close friend according to what ferrara wrote.
vince wrote: Please tell me, and the forum, who said that Peul was a very close friend.
manuel08 wrote:according with paul ferrara who was in my opinion morrison friend, and according him, close friend, morrison never trusted of 'em again after that so i find difficult that morrison and rm were so close friend.
i never said/wrote/thought they were close friend in my opinion.
vince wrote:Where did you get the idea that paul and Babe Hill were friends of Frank Lisciandro.
sicerely vince i read frank saying babe and him were friend, so the reply is frank lisciandro.
manuel08

Post by manuel08 »

let me a bit of time for reply, now i'm busy on another matter. i need time to write in english and you point out other very interesting thing.

in any way,about person that claim they were morrison friend..read these post if you want. i'm giza there.

http://www.thedoors.com/forums/index.ph ... 21356&st=0
manuel08

Post by manuel08 »

--------------------------------Rich Linnell---------------------------------------

“At the beginning, for me being late ’66, early ’67 Jim always seemed to be little bit apart from the band. As time went on, Jim became more and more distant from the band. He would arrive differently, he’d come by himself, he’d leave earlier or later. Jim would have his little group in the dressing room and the three guys would have theirs. Robby, as recently as a few years ago would say, ‘yeah for along time it was the three of us against Jim. And then when we didn’t have Jim anymore, then we fought amongst ourselves.’” (A Feast Of Friends p. 82)

“One of the few times I saw Jim angry was when he found out about, “Come on Buick Light My Fire.” Out of control. He felt betrayed. His partners had betrayed him, they had sold out to corporate America without asking him. I was there when he told them, “How could you do this to me? This my band too. How could you make that decision without me? One of them said, “Well man, you didn’t tell us where you were going, and the offer would have expired.” “So What?” He just didn’t get it. Whether he was gone for a day or a month, it didn’t matter, but you don’t sell out to the establishment. Postpone it or cancel but don’t give my soul away. That was the end of the dream. That was the end of that era of Jim’s relationship with the other members of the band; from them on it was business. That was the day Jim said, “I don’t have partners anymore, I have associates.” (A Feast Of Friends p. 83)