Rare never seen pic of LoVE at Palo Verde High 1966?

LOVE was another great band from the 60's and of course VERY Doors related.
I think it would be great to have this special topic about the band who was such a big example for The Doors.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

jamestkirk

Rare never seen pic of LoVE at Palo Verde High 1966?

Post by jamestkirk »

Many thanks to RW for sharing!! One of the coolest and rarest FULL band shots of Love ever. Every one is looking very cool!

1966?

A photo labeled “Palos Verdes High School” though I’ve been unable to verify the gig or the date. I was told it was in their Yearbook! Amazing to have been there, eh? -thanks to William R Small, at Steve Hoffman Forum

=)

Any more info...Ed??
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Re: Rare never seen pic of LoVE at Palo Verde High 1966?

Post by The Freedom Man »

No further info other than great find, great shot!
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
jamestkirk

Re: Rare never seen pic of LoVE at Palo Verde High 1966?

Post by jamestkirk »

Michael shared this memories with me today, Ed. Michael is well and happy enjoying the summer heat of the western desert.

I received this reply from good friend Michael today...

Thanks for the picture. Yes I remember that gig quite well. We were playing in a high school gym. It was an ongoing sore spot between the band and Elektra that Arthur didn't want to tour at all and I remember thinking at the time, "Damn man, this is ridiculous! We're regularly turning down gigs of monumental proportions just so we can stay in L.A., so here we are in L.A. playing a mid-morning assembly for a couple of hundred kids in a high school gym." Oh well.

-Michael Stewart-Ware
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley