Frank Whaley and Kevin Dillion

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

Stuart

Frank Whaley and Kevin Dillion

Post by Stuart »

Hi Vince, Did you get a chance to converse with Frank Whaley(who played robby) and Kevin Dillion(who played John) at all during the making of the movie? on the dvd of the film there is a clip of robby showing frank through"Love me Two Times" and also john rehearsing with Bruce Gary(rip).
vince

TheMovie Boys

Post by vince »

Yes, I met and spoke with both of them atlength. They were, of course, quite anxious to do the best job possible. They were bnoth full of questions about how things went on stage.John, Robby and Myself were all"Coaches" for them.

I found Kevin a bit touchy, on a couple of occasions doing a bit of the prima donna thing, but for the mostpart, these guys were just people trying to do the best job they could. If their performances are removed from the general conduct of the movie, they did a nice job of it.

It was interesting tolisten to Stone tell them how to behave on stage. At one point I intervened anddid my best to describe what usually went on. Stone said nothing at that moment but I surely heard about how many directors there were shortly afterward.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors