John, Ray and Robbie's royalties

What Doors items do you have in your collection?

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

gc1966

John, Ray and Robbie's royalties

Post by gc1966 »

It would be interesting to know if John, Ray and Robbie ever had a regular jobs once the band split, or they just managed day to day expenses from the bands royalty payments. They did spend o lot of time on different projects from time to time, and it would interesting to know how those projects were funded.
Mr Cubensis brought me here.
wha happened

Re: John, Ray and Robbie's royalties

Post by wha happened »

Robby did, or still does, own a lot of stock in Krispy Kreme donuts lol. When John and Julia divorced she got most or all of John's Doors 1/4, Ray and Robby then divided up their portion and gave John an even split.
gc1966

Post by gc1966 »

That is interesting, what would have been an even split between John, Robbie and Ray in terms of money ?
Mystery Train

Post by Mystery Train »

I also wonder how Ray's "stocks" were divided after his death. Is Pablo in charge now?
lizardkingteo

Post by lizardkingteo »

guys where d you get all the info? please keep them coming , really interesting
gc1966

Post by gc1966 »

They are indeed a strange trio John, Robbie and Ray. Even though Robbie and Ray evenly split their royalties and incidentals up, and shared them with John after he was cleaned up in his divorce, John still went ahead with that distasteful court case. However, it is nice to see that Robbie and John have at least reconciled their differences. So, I guess the royalties from their early success has afforded them all a pretty decent lifestyle. lucky boys.
Buda

Post by Buda »

wha happened wrote:Robby did, or still does, own a lot of stock in Krispy Kreme donuts lol. When John and Julia divorced she got most or all of John's Doors 1/4, Ray and Robby then divided up their portion and gave John an even split.
Never heard of this Greg. It paints a wholly new picture in my mind of those two, especially Ray. Still, what John did, even if it was a hard pill to swallow, to go on court against them years later was the right thing to do. After Ray's passing, I guess Robby had more space for objectivity to revalue the very last decade of their relationship.
"Because when the crowds finally begin to accept you
you become the suspect of your artistry" Buk
gc1966

Post by gc1966 »

Robbie doesn't look like he indulged to much in the product he held shares in, wow, if I was aware Krispy Kreme shares were going to set me up for life, I would have brought a shit load of them too !!