Roundhouse Film Elements

All about the Bright Midnight Releases.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

The_zissou

Roundhouse Film Elements

Post by The_zissou »

Anyone hear if they ever found these? Would be so amazing to have a Roundhouse show...
Where is the feast we were promised?
eva

Re: Roundhouse Film Elements

Post by eva »

I'm looking forward to the new Anthony Stern documentary about Syd Barrett ....
It also includes new footage THE DOORS Roundhouse 1968 ...
The film was screened at the Cambridge festival !!!!
Has anybody seen it ????????
anytimecowboy

Post by anytimecowboy »

eva wrote:I'm looking forward to the new Anthony Stern documentary about Syd Barrett ....
It also includes new footage THE DOORS Roundhouse 1968 ...
The film was screened at the Cambridge festival !!!!
Has anybody seen it ????????

I have tried to find a copy of this to no avail. I contacted Anthony Stern through his website but never got a reply. I dont think its ever been commercially released
'I've seen the future brother, it is murder'...
'whole new strange catacombs of wisdom

'''''We want Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque and we want it now''''
eva

Post by eva »

.... then it is necessary to go to the cinema and capture the sequence with THE DOORS on the mobile ??????
Buda

Post by Buda »

Great news. Never heard about this. If it's true, it will be publicized within a short time once it got released.
"Because when the crowds finally begin to accept you
you become the suspect of your artistry" Buk
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

Source: https://www.cambridgelivetrust.co.uk/ti ... film-night

9pm - GATA: GET ALL THAT ANT? + SAN FRANCISCO UK 2015. 82 mins. + UK 1968 15 mins.
Directed by Anthony Stern.

Anthony Stern was a good friend of Syd Barrett’s, exhibiting paintings alongside those of the Floyd leader at the Lion and Lamb pub in Milton, Cambridgeshire in the early 1960s. Stern also worked with cult director Peter Whitehead, and he shot a series of his own vibrant, playful 16mm works, all infused both with the energy of the psychedelic lightshow and the spirit of French New Wave. Tonight we present GATA: Get All That, Ant?, an intense new trip into the heart of the most swinging of decades – as visualised through Stern’s stunning archive.

Pulsing, kinetic 16mm memories collide with candid photographs of far out friends and ace faces including Cream, Jagger, Hendrix, Morrison, plus incredible unseen footage of The Floyd at the UFO club, all relaxed and showing off the sharp psychedelic fashions of the age. Richly reflecting a pleasurable personal view that is extremely evocative and generous, Stern’s new work burrows deep into the brain, drawing out distinct feelings of wonder, but also loss. Join us for its very special, first ever public screening tonight. Also included is the Stern’s mind-bending San Francisco from 1968, featuring a driving, unreleased version of the Floyd’s seminal Interstellar Overdrive.

The documentary feature is made up of film footage, stills and archive footage taken during the 1960s and filmed in Cambridge, London and San Francisco. With the majority of footage having never been seen before, the film includes live performance footage and stills from The Rolling Stones, The Doors, Pink Floyd and Donovan as well as footage of friends and colleagues of Syd Barrett including Iggy Rose, the girl on The Madcap Laughs album sleeve.

Please note the film does not feature music from any of the bands featured in the film.
Buda

Post by Buda »

Oh, I soo wish either footage or stills are going to be from San Francisco at the Fillmore... July, 1967!
"Because when the crowds finally begin to accept you
you become the suspect of your artistry" Buk
drago24

Post by drago24 »

btw
There is another Syd Barrett documentary film
Have You Got It Yet? (2018) Director: Roddy Bogawa
www.imdb.com/title/tt7182482/