LOVE Member Information

LOVE was another great band from the 60's and of course VERY Doors related.
I think it would be great to have this special topic about the band who was such a big example for The Doors.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

shookm93

LOVE Member Information

Post by shookm93 »

Does anyone have any information about what most of the LOVE members did after they left the band? The Wikipedia pages only have information about Johnny, Arthur, Ken, Bryan, and unfortunately Beausoleil. There is absolutely no information that I can find on the other LOVE members. Also, I have heard that Johnny worked as a session musician. What artists did he play for?
jamestkirk

Re: LOVE Member Information

Post by jamestkirk »

shookm93 wrote:Does anyone have any information about what most of the LOVE members did after they left the band? The Wikipedia pages only have information about Johnny, Arthur, Ken, Bryan, and unfortunately Beausoleil. There is absolutely no information that I can find on the other LOVE members. Also, I have heard that Johnny worked as a session musician. What artists did he play for?
Michael left the music scene after a short one night practice session with Neil Diamond and band. He was recruited after Arthur fired the Love band. Michael said that Neil was so unprofessional and such an egotistical ass that he walked away from the gig and the very good money after one session. After a few months of moving around, sitting in with various artists, and getting even further into the drug scene, Michael did what he had to: he left the LA music scene forever...away from any music scene for that matter. It saved life. He has been married to the same fine lady since, has a talented guitarist son (they jam), and lives in Nevada. Living the life of a retired and content man, doing small handyman repairs & improvements to his classic Spanish style stucco home.

He said he could easily jam with musician friends, after hours on the Vegas strip, but that would mean jamming after 2AM till dawn and that is not what a guy his age considers "the good life".

Read my thread about the off-key horns ending to You Set The Scene for some more insightful and honest words from my good friend, Michael Stuart-Ware.
Last edited by jamestkirk on Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
shookm93

Post by shookm93 »

What about Snoopy or Tjay?
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

shookm93 wrote:What about Snoopy or Tjay?
Nothing on Tjay. He may have gone back to the jazz scene where he was most comfortable.

Snoop builds eco friendly unique houses in the woods of northern California or Oregon or somewhere on the West Coast, I believe, and has recorded a rather weird album of pretty individual music. He still seems rather bitter about his time with Love and getting fired off the drums. But I hope he is cool with Love nowadays.

From his lone album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acq4gj5mD8o

Snoopy on joining Love (on the ladder of his "home"):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxZGniRcP8k

Watch the cool video of Love after the interview, on the Dick Clark Show... Snoop on drum(s).
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
shookm93

Post by shookm93 »

I read on Wikipedia that Johnny became a session guitarist. Who did he play for?