Page 1 of 1

October 15, 1967 Berkeley Community College

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:58 pm
by Buda
October 15th (Sunday), 1967
Berkeley Community College/Theater, Berkeley, CA

The Doors first show at Berkeley?

Vince, I just wonder if you happen to remember anything related to this show (if not, then anything from this late '67 period would be cool ;) - as its one of the best periods in the band's carrier performancewise imo

Despite the pictures below (shot by Dale Smith) I know nothing. Not even the setlist from this show so it would be interesting to pour out some thoughts or other things about this night..

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a7sjoo

The pictures about Jim are nonetheless brilliant. They showcases some moments - I guess before the concert - where Jim is turning into the performer. Like its been minutes before the show.

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:42 pm
by The Freedom Man
Vince wasn't with the group yet, he joined late Dec 1967

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:00 am
by Buda
oh I forgot that. anyone else then?

Not even Grag Shaw noted more?

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:54 pm
by lovro_asperger
What show is this Buda uploaded? Is it realy Berkeley Community College?

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:16 pm
by TheDoorsMusic
It was pictures he was UL'ing.

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:18 pm
by lovro_asperger
Oh, can you upload them?

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:06 pm
by TheDoorsMusic

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:10 pm
by lovro_asperger
:? Why does it open as a movie?

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:26 pm
by TheDoorsMusic
It's a picture in .TIF format. Tried converting to .JPG with no luck.

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:34 pm
by lovro_asperger
I'll try to cnvert it...

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:25 pm
by lovro_asperger
Dam'n! :evil: I've only converted it to scrap.

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:48 am
by Porsche
Since it was two photos in one, I split them up:

Image

Image

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:44 pm
by TheDoorsMusic
Much better. Thanks, Len.

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:45 pm
by lovro_asperger
Yes, that's better.
Thanks Len.

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:16 am
by vince
Sorry People:

I canot answer with any authority, questions about the Doors activities prior to 1967-12.26 which is my first performance with the group in the Winterland for Bill Graham. 3 nights there and 3 more in the Family Dog in Denver. My arrival in Los Angeles came on the morning of 1968.01.01 to brass bands, red carpet, the mayor and president. I though it was all for me but it turns out someone else was there. What a disappointment.

I should have known that one does not go from Humble organ builder to Doors celebrity overnight.