Photo Of John In Newspaper Day After Jim Went To Hospital ?

What Doors items do you have in your collection?

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

I'm not going to wait for NRC anymore. We can forget about that one. They never reply. I can call them but I allready know what will happen. A call here a call there and a lot waiting and nothing happens so I did some research and
I am going to make an account at the Royal Dutch Library. It's called a IBl account with a KB pass, I don't care what it is. The only thing that is interesting is that it will give me acces to all libraries in Holland. Every database that is out there. Sound/visual/newspapers you name it. I can order cd roms and copies by email and they will do the research. I hope I may assume that it being the Royal library there will be some cooperation.
Ha ha never giving up =)
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

I got my pass just now and I am having a quick look and this will take me months. There is so much to dig in to and to search.

Anyway the first visual content that got my eye is a program about The Doors from 1985: I am sorry it is in Dutch. Does someone from Holland remember this program? Is it worth it tracking it down and ask for a copy from KB?

Here is the information I got:

Audiovisueel
Titel:

Jim is alive [Beeld & Geluid]
Jaar:

Uitgever:

Hilversum : VOO [prod.]
Hilversum : VOO [uitz.]
Annotatie:

kleur
Omvang:

(50 min.)
Trefwoord:

(BTR) popmuziek
Onderwerp:

James Douglas Morrison (1943-1971)
Code:

(AVM UNESCO) Stedenbouw, architectuur, kunst, fotografie, film, radio, televisie
Samenvatting:

Documentaire over Jim Morrison, de op 3 juli 1971 in Parijs overleden legendarische zanger van de Amerikaanse rockpopgroep The Doors, over zijn fans en zijn muziek, met fragmenten uit optredens en interviews
Doelgroep:

hbo en universiteit
antero

Post by antero »

maybe a dutch friend can help us with a traduction..and possible new footage can be seen..i really appreciate all your efforts Misty..very plausible!
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

It's gonna be one hell of a thing to do, I mean there are thousands of results, a lot of it is bs, I also found another program about the Doors, Mojo working?

I don't even know where to start. This provides me also acces to the European library. I have no idea what I will find. :-o
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

I vaguely remember the program, M, but I don't think it has rare footage.
I found this also on "Marktplaats". For the non Dutch people, this is a kinda eBay,but only for the Netherlands.Some guy is selling it among other DVD's.
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

thefreed wrote:I vaguely remember the program, M, but I don't think it has rare footage.
I found this also on "Marktplaats". For the non Dutch people, this is a kinda eBay,but only for the Netherlands.Some guy is selling it among other DVD's.
Ah thanks Ed, then I am not going to waste time on that one :) I will send you a pm about the KB I can't do this alone. I got tons of papers to read that came along with the pass. It's also possible to do research in English. So I might get some help. The only problem there is wich offcourse makes no surprise that i had to sign that everything is copyrighted to KB and shall not distributed etc.
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

You can count on me, Monique.
We'll have to see what and if the stuff from KB can be published here.
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

thefreed wrote:You can count on me, Monique.
We'll have to see what and if the stuff from KB can be published here.
pm'd you :wink:
MysticHeatedWine

Post by MysticHeatedWine »

Very interesting. Thanks.
"I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I see no lasting energy in the truth and the truth is this: Truth and Energy elicited by the stoned."
Jim Morrison, Los Angeles, 1968
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

MysticHeatedWine wrote:Very interesting. Thanks.
I hope it is. I've send an email to them to help search for documents because it is a hopeless task to search there.
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

MistyJm wrote:
I hope it is. I've send an email to them to help search for documents because it is a hopeless task to search there.
We all love you for all these attempts! Thanks M :)
SF
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

Silver Forest wrote:
MistyJm wrote:
We all love you for all these attempts! Thanks M :)
SF
That is very sweet :D

I just got read my email and they gave me a list of magazines with the doors and a list with books. But not with newspapers or sound or visual documents.
So i will write them another one.

The magazine list is this:

Titel: Muziekkrant oor
Jaar: 1971-1984
Nummering: Jrg. 1, nr. 1 (1 apr. 1971) - jrg. 13, nr. 5 (10 mrt. 1984)
Verschijnt tweewekelijks
ISSN: 0301-6501 = Muziekkrant oor
Trefwoord Depot: tijdschriften; popmuziek
Aanvraagnummer: TG 30265 DEPOTEXEMPLAAR
Aanwezig: vol. 5, afl. 15 (30 jul 1975)-vol. 13, afl. 5 (10 mrt 1984)
Aanvraaginfo: ter inzage

Titel: Aloha : officiële uitgave van de Oranje Vrijstaat
Organisatie: Stichting Aloha, Amsterdam
Jaar: 1969-1974
ISSN: 0018-2826 = Aloha (1969)
Aanvraagnummer: T 10693
Aanwezig: afl. 1 (9 mei 1969)-afl. 5 (16 jul 1971); afl. 7 (30 jul 1971)-afl. 25 (24 apr 1972); afl. 4 (16 jun 1972)-afl. 5 (14 jul 1972); afl. 7 (29 jul 1972)-afl. 8 (25 aug 1972); afl. 10 (22 sep 1972)-afl. 16 (15 dec 1972); afl. 18 (19 dec 1972); afl. 22 (24 feb 1973)-afl. 16 (20 dec 1973); afl. 18 (10 jan 1974)-afl. 19 (7 feb 1974); afl. 21 (21 feb 1974)-vol. 4, afl. 26 (1974)
Aanvraaginfo: ter inzage
Aanvraagnummer: TE 16 DEPOTEXEMPLAAR
Aanwezig: afl. 23 (6 mrt 1970)- (20 mrt 1970) 1 afl. ; vol. 4, afl. 19 (24 jan 1974)-vol. 4, afl. 25 (2 mei 1974)

Titel: Hitweek : blad voor tiener, twen en ouderen / samenst.: Willem de Ridder ... [e.a.]
Jaar: 1965-1969
Aanvraagnummer: T 10693
Aanwezig: vol. 2, afl. 44 (21 jul 1967); vol. 2, afl. 46 (4 aug 1967); vol. 2, afl. 48 (18 aug 1967); vol. 3, afl. 1 (22 sep 1967)-vol. 3, afl. 2 (29 sep 1967); vol. 3, afl. 9-vol. 3, afl. 10 (24 nov 1967); vol. 3, afl. 17 (12 jan 1968); vol. 3, afl. 19 (26 jan 1968); vol. 3, afl. 22 (16 feb 1968)-vol. 3, afl. 24 (1 mrt 1968); vol. 3, afl. 26 (15 mrt 1968); vol. 3, afl. 28 (29 mrt 1968)-vol. 3, afl. 32 (26 apr 1968); vol. 3, afl. 35 (17 mei 1968)-vol. 3, afl. 36 (24 mei 1968); vol. 3, afl. 40 (21 jun 1968)-vol. 3, afl. 42 (4 jul 1968); vol. 3, afl. 47 (9 aug 1968)-vol. 4, afl. 4 (11 okt 1968); vol. 4, afl. 5 (18 okt 1968)-vol. 4, afl. 6 (25 okt 1968); vol. 4, afl. 9 (15 nov 1968); vol. 4, afl. 20 (31 jan 1969)-vol. 4, afl. 32 (25 apr 1969)

The most interesting sounds Aloha. Ed didn't you tell me something about that one once?
Anyway the only way to get a copy of it is to go to Den Haag to the royal library. There must be a way to get a copy easier :wink:
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

It's going to be a trip to Den Haag some time to KB, they do not want to help that much. I knew it was to good be true :( Anyway all the stuff is there, it just has to be found at KB and make copies of it.

Geachte mevrouw Van Schalm,

Helaas is er geen snelle manier om artikelen over dit onderwerp op te zoeken, en aan u toe te sturen.
In de KB kunt u wel zelf een aantal jaargangen van genoemde muziektijdschriften opvragen en doorbladeren.
De KB heeft ook alle de door u genoemde dagbladen op microfilm beschikbaar. U kunt bij uw bezoek de microfilms doorkijken en evt. afdrukken maken van gedeelten.
De KB is gevestigd op 3 minuten lopen van het Centraal Station Den Haag, dus heel eenvoudig met het openbaar vervoer te bereiken.

Ik hoop dat dit antwoord u voldoende aanvullende informatie geeft.
Vriendelijke groet,
Margreet Vos
MysticHeatedWine

Please let us know what you turn up. Thanks.
"I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I see no lasting energy in the truth and the truth is this: Truth and Energy elicited by the stoned."
J.B.Marx

Post by J.B.Marx »

thefreed wrote:I vaguely remember the program, M, but I don't think it has rare footage.
Vaguely I rememebr it as well. I think this was broadcasted in the 90's as well, after the movie came out. At the time I thought it was pretty cool. But hey, at that time I thought everything was cool what the Doors concern.
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

Two more have arrived. Not one photo present.

First: Algemeen handelsblad 16 09 68

A concert review again telling more about how difficult it is to create the wanted athmoshere for psychedelic and beat get togethers in a building that is mostly used for Bach and Beethoven concerts.

Then it tells offcourse about the dissapointed of Jim collapsing and how Ray tried to save the concert by doing a kind of one man show in the style of Toon hermans( that was a Dutch comedian). :lol:
They are asking them self if Toon hermans was so modern or The Doors were that old fashion :? wtf :-o

In this article they are not very nice about the musical performance of the guys. They only were thrilled about Robby.
They admired the humor of the 3 Doors saying: What more do we want in the world? We've got woman,drugs, car, race bike but we also want....

They say without Jim Morrison present they were kind of a mess.
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

2th: Nieuwe Rotterdamse Courant. same date.

This is more about Jefferson Airplane.
They do tell again offcourse about Jim collapsing in his dressingroom.
Also not a very positive article. They say the vocals were allright but the music not. This newspaper thought that only John stood out with his drumming.

I will be recieving more articles later on, also about Jim's death. But I don't know when.
MysticHeatedWine

Nice finds !! Thanks !! Keep up the good work !!
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

MysticHeatedWine wrote:Nice finds !! Thanks !! Keep up the good work !!
Sure thing. :wink:
I am just beginning to think it's impossible to find that photo :?
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

I might start digging in to this again. See if anything has changed. Archives are updated. There has got to be more. Like photo's.
MysticHeatedWine

I won't rest until I find this one. I don't recall if I had suggested this at the time, but maybe if someone knows the person who runs John's Board they can ask that person to ask John about it? Maybe John kept the newspaper and could get permission to post it on his Board.
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

That would be great if someone can ask. Who knows.

Still have to contact the webmaster to activate my account on John's board.
I registered once but forgot to activate it. :oops: I think I have to re register?
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

If contacted the webmaster and he's going to search for it.He did tell me that Jonh hasn't got it himself.
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

thefreed wrote:If contacted the webmaster and he's going to search for it.He did tell me that Jonh hasn't got it himself.
That's great Ed. Thanks. It would be really something if someone in the US can dig up the article/photo and nothing can be found in this fucking country. I mean digging for information here in Holland has been a weird experience.
I hope someone can find it.
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

I just thought of somebody who could have the newspaper or photo.Going to send him an email now.
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

thefreed wrote:I just thought of somebody who could have the newspaper or photo.Going to send him an email now.
:shock: Are you serieus Ed that would be amazing. Will you let us know?
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Yes, I'm serious.
And no I will not let you guys see it when/if I get it.

GOTCHA! :wink:
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

:lol:

Ja ja leuk hoor. Ik kom het hoogst persoonlijk bekijken anders :lol:
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Ja, daaag, dan moet ik daarna een hoop vertellen aan al die gasten hier als je langs zou komen! :wink:
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

thefreed wrote:Ja, daaag, dan moet ik daarna een hoop vertellen aan al die gasten hier als je langs zou komen! :wink:
Als wat dan? Dit is grappig. :lol: