Photo Of John In Newspaper Day After Jim Went To Hospital ?

What Doors items do you have in your collection?

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

Nou ja, ik heb zo'n idee dat er hier best wel wat mannen zijn die je willen ontmoeten...
Ik ben trouwens gelukkig getrouwd he! Da's wel weer jammer voor je.
Geintje. :wink:
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
MysticHeatedWine

Post by MysticHeatedWine »

Thanks. Keep us posted. I'm surprised John doesn't have it. You'd think he would have it framed up on his wall. In his book he said he was proud of it.
"I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I see no lasting energy in the truth and the truth is this: Truth and Energy elicited by the stoned."
Jim Morrison, Los Angeles, 1968
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

thefreed wrote:Nou ja, ik heb zo'n idee dat er hier best wel wat mannen zijn die je willen ontmoeten...
Ik ben trouwens gelukkig getrouwd he! Da's wel weer jammer voor je.
Geintje. :wink:
:oops:
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

Just heard from a friend about the photo.He has about all the articles that were in the newspapers and none of them has the photo.He thinks that it could be very possible that the photo doesn't exsist and that it was more a case of "literal freedom". In other words, somehow the story of a pic was there, but no one really saw it.

There are more pic's of Jim on stage with the Jefferson Airplane.The photographer never realised the historical moment he shot.My friend contacted him some years ago.He was going to another home and didn't have a clue were the pic;s are.He stilll remains silence to this day..
What a waiste!
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
MysticHeatedWine

Post by MysticHeatedWine »

The only other clue I can offer is that John, in his book, said the photo of him appeared on the front cover of the newspaper in question. He doesn't, unfortunately, say which newspaper.
"I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I see no lasting energy in the truth and the truth is this: Truth and Energy elicited by the stoned."
Jim Morrison, Los Angeles, 1968
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

Thank you for the effort Ed. I apreciate it. It seems to be very hard to find this article/photo.
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

Anything new?

John certainly sounds adament about it.

I remember a photo of John sitting at his desk (a recent pic) with photos and maybe newspaper clippings on a board behind him. Anyone have this? I haven't had any luck tracking it down at the moment.
Starting pre production on a sketch show. More soon.

Follow me on twitter @purplesheepprd