female Doors fans, why?

Introduce yourself to the forum or just get something off your chest in this off-topic area.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

Lauren

Post by Lauren »

Porsche wrote:
I know the lead singer of a popular Zeppelin tribute band that tours the country. He told me he met the lead singer of a Doors tribute act (who shall remain nameless) when they were doing a festival together and he actually introduced himself as "Jim." I'm not sure if he was crazy or just being a dick.
hmm....I know of one tribute band that tours with a Zep tribute band...I have a pretty good guess on who this one is. :lol:

There are 3 main ones, right? WC, PF, and TSP?
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

That's an old post. Totaly forgot about this topic.

I don't know. I consider myself a passioned fan, I don't consider myself a hardcore fan I guess, I seriously don't care how many bootlegs I have as long as I enjoy listening to them.

The only things in my collection are the books, the BMA releases, the normal albums ofcourse, DVD's. A pretty list of bootlegs, and tons of high resoluton photo's.

Not a flake also. I'm not in love with Jim or ever have been.
I don't care who Jim f*cked with.

So I am not sure what kind of fan I am to be honest. What catagory I fall in to.
I know I've been called a not Doors fan before.
But anyone that really knows me knows that that is bs.

I guess it doesn't really matter to me, as long as I enjoy the music. :)
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

BallroomDays67 wrote:A friend of mine went to see a Doors tribute act (don't remember which one) back in the early 80's. He said that a female audience member went to talk to the lead singer after the show, and he told her he wanted to "f--k her in the mouth".
Wow, that is pretty bad. :|
Eni

Post by Eni »

Lauren wrote:Are there many female Doors fans that do collect boots over at the LL?
I have ran into a few-- but not many. I actually, in my opinion, find it harder to navigate that whole realm being a girl. I sometimes thought people have a harder time taking me seriously.
:( Dont you even begin to let that feeling drag you down Lauren!

Twila: You are my hero! Thank you! I'm not the only one who took offence to this silly, stereotypical thread. Greg I know you werent trying to offend, but you were giving airtime to a silly belief that doesnt deserve any airtime.

I've been feeling insecure about this issue lately and I've been feeling guilty about being a BIG Jim fan... To the point where I have even stopped being interested for a little while and was doubtful about posting on here for more reasons than one. So Twilla, I would have considered not signing up too :wink: BeautifulJim... Your name is the best on the forum!! You are a female and I take it that you are a fan of Jim. Your name should not invalidate the validity or strength of your fandom! Be proud girl! :wink:

Now let me stand up for myself too... When it comes to the Doors I am mainly a Morrison fan. However, I am fairly normal and I am not some freak who would keep his dirty underwear and sniff it daily! I have a deep interest in the 60's and Morrison adds fuel to this... While the other Doors, their music and what they stood for also adds fuel to this while they also allow me to express my 60's interest. Like Jim said, women are life in a sense because they embody life through their ability to feel. We are passionate about our interests, while you men might also be very passionate... We might be more passionate about the separate, little things. Sure we might be attracted to the male members of a rock band, but if the members of the Doors were female I'm sure you men might be in the same position :wink: There is absolutely no validity in the assumption that female fans are just fans that are freaks or that are just capable of girly fan banter. If you are a fan then you are a fan. Whether it is in which shape or form is not important. End of. No questions asked. :wink:

Probably wasnt worth writing this anyway. If you dont understand then its your loss but I've written it now anyway and its quite nice being able to express yourself. :wink:
Pride is the mask of ones own faults. - Proverb

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/alphabetpony92/boards/
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

Lauren wrote:Are there many female Doors fans that do collect boots over at the LL?
I have ran into a few-- but not many. I actually, in my opinion, find it harder to navigate that whole realm being a girl. I sometimes thought people have a harder time taking me seriously.
Exactly. That's exactly how I felt when someone on here said I wasn't a Doors fan, or that I should go listen to my two doors bootlegs.
Makes you wonder..

Everyone is a fan in their own way. I am fine with everyone as long as they don't go Jim suck my lips on me. :lol:

Seriously though. Certain comments can hurt pretty deep.
And make you sometimes not feel very welcome. Or accepted. Wich is a shame.

I do wish everyone a great Christmas btw. All Doors fans. :D
violentblossom

Post by violentblossom »

I don't have much to add to this topic as all of my thoughts have been expressed, but I would like to thank Twilla for the lovely compliment.

Gracias, and I agree with your very thorough post. Kudos, also, Greg, for clarifying and letting us know that you aren't really talking about us.

Merry Christmas, you guys.

This forum's given me so much in terms of content, a relaxing place to discuss a favorite band, and some friendships. I may not be super duper close to anyone here, but I admire and like you all just the same. (Except maybe Chris...... kidding!)
"The eyes that actually saw the light melted out of sheer ecstasy. For one instant, everybody was the same color. It made angels out of everybody.?
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

that's right, I'm special
violentblossom

Post by violentblossom »

jim4371 wrote:that's right, I'm special
:roll:

:wink:
"The eyes that actually saw the light melted out of sheer ecstasy. For one instant, everybody was the same color. It made angels out of everybody.?
twilla

Post by twilla »

eni
you are a sweetheart
twilla

Post by twilla »

BallroomDays67 wrote:A friend of mine went to see a Doors tribute act (don't remember which one) back in the early 80's. He said that a female audience member went to talk to the lead singer after the show, and he told her he wanted to "f--k her in the mouth".
I can't let this one go.
Okay All of us girl
what would be your come back for this be?

The first thought that came to my mind was this
Oh you have an greatly over inflated ego and it appears a greatly under inflated penis

or this
let me get my tweezers from my purse so we can find that
oops- I forgot my magnifying glass

or this
Did I mention my name was Lorena?
or

go to Tandy town- you might be able to pay for that

Okay I Apologize to everyone right now but-
My husband and I cant stop with this
ROF LMAO

big sorry to Ballroom Days

Yes I woke up this ornery
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

twilla wrote:big sorry to Ballroom Days
For what? :?
twilla

Post by twilla »

BallroomDays67 wrote:
twilla wrote:big sorry to Ballroom Days
For what? :?
I am not making fun of you, no way
I just can't quit laughing to myself
what a dork :lol:
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

twilla wrote:
what would be your come back for this be?
Probably nothing verbal......I would have gotten him in the mouth with my fist :lol:
StrangeNightOfStone wrote:
Without doubt though, my fellow Doors fans tend to be some of the most intelligent people i've had the pleasure of meeting (LL being the exception of course)
Tarn-- I do agree. This board, as Greg said, has pretty much sifted out all of the flaky ones and kept the best of the best. And nobody even pushed anyone out I don't think....they just left on their own or stopped posting- I think that shows this place is above and beyond the quality of some of the LL folks. :D
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

whoa...this topic is being taken way too seriously. I don't know how or why a post on an internet message board would prevent people from joining, but ok. This topic wasn't about anyone on this board. As I said, collecting bootlegs, knowing dates of photos has nothing to do with my original post, I guess that was lost in translation. A fan is a fan is a fan is not the case in the Doors world. Having been around the scene for 20 years, I can tell you there are MANY flakes, wack jobs, posers, bi polar, imitators out there. I think more so than with any other band. Check out a Doors tribute show or a Doors fest...these freaks come out of no where. Hell, spend 5 minutes on the LL and you will see for yourself. Some of you are missing the point. I'm also glad to see some things are being rehashed, yet again, while others have moved on long ago, some continue to dwell.
You're telling me that one guy on the LL asking who made Jim's clothes, how much alcohol he drank a day, having (or trying) to wear his hair like Jim's..is the same as every other fan? It's cool, we're both equal, we both like the Doors...? fuck no, he's a flake and needs help. Someone reading a Doors bio or listening to their Doors cd is the not the same as the girl that has 35 Jim posters in her room and is waiting for him to return and take her away.
doorman

Post by doorman »

This sounds serious..
StrangeNightOfStone

Post by StrangeNightOfStone »

wha happened wrote:whoa...this topic is being taken way too seriously. I don't know how or why a post on an internet message board would prevent people from joining, but ok. This topic wasn't about anyone on this board. As I said, collecting bootlegs, knowing dates of photos has nothing to do with my original post, I guess that was lost in translation. A fan is a fan is a fan is not the case in the Doors world. Having been around the scene for 20 years, I can tell you there are MANY flakes, wack jobs, posers, bi polar, imitators out there. I think more so than with any other band. Check out a Doors tribute show or a Doors fest...these freaks come out of no where. Hell, spend 5 minutes on the LL and you will see for yourself. Some of you are missing the point. I'm also glad to see some things are being rehashed, yet again, while others have moved on long ago, some continue to dwell.
You're telling me that one guy on the LL asking who made Jim's clothes, how much alcohol he drank a day, having (or trying) to wear his hair like Jim's..is the same as every other fan? It's cool, we're both equal, we both like the Doors...? fuck no, he's a flake and needs help. Someone reading a Doors bio or listening to their Doors cd is the not the same as the girl that has 35 Jim posters in her room and is waiting for him to return and take her away.

I think in any 'community' that shares a common interest, be them Doors fans, Deadheads, Trekkies, Titanic entusiasts, Civil War reinactors, you've find the full gambit of the human condition- from the enlightened to the interesting to the deranged to the grotesque...

I've found Doors fans who were highly intelligent, generous, interesting and gorgous, as well as Doors fans who were idiots, manipulative and ugly as shit.

I've posted the question on this board about Jim's tailor, but that was out of a point of curiosity.....

I think most people here have their lives- and the Doors is simply a hobby- music they enjoy, and a subject matter they might collect....
But for those who make the Doors their lives...well, that's not always a good thing...I know a couple people who live, eat, breath, shit and fuck Titanic- Titanic is all there is to their identity, and that's not healthy.
There are some people in the Doors world that are equally emersed into the Doors scene....

I've met only 3 Doors fans that were bonafide nuts- like the morbidly obese housebound woman with bi polar depression who really thought jim was her soulmate and talked with longing about death, as she felt she and Jim would be together in eternity. She was mentally ill, and I heard took her own life in the end, which is sad in any situation...But such mental illness is the exception, and not the norm....
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

My wife is a fan (now thanks to me) and I wouldn't call her flaky. She almost knows as much as I do now. Shows how much I talk about them!

She loves the lyrics and the unusual musical sound of the Doors. (Her words not mine). She has said on a number of occasons that Jim was hot, but that isn't what interests her.

She has been reading my Doors books lately.

Now if I could just get her to sign up here!
Starting pre production on a sketch show. More soon.

Follow me on twitter @purplesheepprd
mystery_train67

Post by mystery_train67 »

lame as it is, my ex girlfriend and i first met on the LL. it was just a coincidence that we were both from the same city, we both were posting in a thread about the D21C possible aussie tour dates..... and believe me, there aren't any other south australian doors fans out there so far as i know. greg you may remember her, i'm pretty sure you used to chat to her at some point, she went by the name of lulu_belle or something like that... anyway, somehow we met up, in the real world, after just chatting every now and then on MSN, and we ended up being together for like 5 or 6 years off and on. real dramatic romance type shit, everything that could go wrong did and everything which could have been really good was.

not sure what my point was, except that she is a genuine woman who i seemed to meet in some weird doors coincidence. she doesn't care about the doors these days, and i think once we got past the getting to know one another stage we didn't talk about the doors anymore either.
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

mystery_train67 wrote:lame as it is, my ex girlfriend and i first met on the LL. it was just a coincidence that we were both from the same city, we both were posting in a thread about the D21C possible aussie tour dates..... and believe me, there aren't any other south australian doors fans out there so far as i know. greg you may remember her, i'm pretty sure you used to chat to her at some point, she went by the name of lulu_belle or something like that... anyway, somehow we met up, in the real world, after just chatting every now and then on MSN, and we ended up being together for like 5 or 6 years off and on. real dramatic romance type shit, everything that could go wrong did and everything which could have been really good was.

not sure what my point was, except that she is a genuine woman who i seemed to meet in some weird doors coincidence. she doesn't care about the doors these days, and i think once we got past the getting to know one another stage we didn't talk about the doors anymore either.
That's not lame. I remember her.

What D21C concert did u go to? (edit: you just answered that in another thread lol ) I flew over to Brisbane.

wha happened

Post by wha happened »

mystery_train67 wrote:lame as it is, my ex girlfriend and i first met on the LL. it was just a coincidence that we were both from the same city, we both were posting in a thread about the D21C possible aussie tour dates..... and believe me, there aren't any other south australian doors fans out there so far as i know. greg you may remember her, i'm pretty sure you used to chat to her at some point, she went by the name of lulu_belle or something like that... anyway, somehow we met up, in the real world, after just chatting every now and then on MSN, and we ended up being together for like 5 or 6 years off and on. real dramatic romance type shit, everything that could go wrong did and everything which could have been really good was.

Yea, I remember her. Weird how some things happen like that. I didn't know you guys were together that long. I wonder why some are no longer into the Doors anymore? Maybe it's just a phase or fad. The genuine ones are definitely few and far between...
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

Roughie wrote:My wife is a fan (now thanks to me) and I wouldn't call her flaky. She almost knows as much as I do now. Shows how much I talk about them!

She loves the lyrics and the unusual musical sound of the Doors. (Her words not mine). She has said on a number of occasons that Jim was hot, but that isn't what interests her.

She has been reading my Doors books lately.

Now if I could just get her to sign up here!
Congrats dude, that's rad..it sounds like you found one of the few that turned out to be genuine. I think I remember seeing your wedding photos that you posted.
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

StrangeNightOfStone wrote: I think in any 'community' that shares a common interest, be them Doors fans, Deadheads, Trekkies, Titanic entusiasts, Civil War reinactors, you've find the full gambit of the human condition- from the enlightened to the interesting to the deranged to the grotesque...

I've found Doors fans who were highly intelligent, generous, interesting and gorgous, as well as Doors fans who were idiots, manipulative and ugly as shit.

I've posted the question on this board about Jim's tailor, but that was out of a point of curiosity.....

I think most people here have their lives- and the Doors is simply a hobby- music they enjoy, and a subject matter they might collect....
But for those who make the Doors their lives...well, that's not always a good thing...I know a couple people who live, eat, breath, shit and fuck Titanic- Titanic is all there is to their identity, and that's not healthy.
There are some people in the Doors world that are equally emersed into the Doors scene....

I've met only 3 Doors fans that were bonafide nuts- like the morbidly obese housebound woman with bi polar depression who really thought jim was her soulmate and talked with longing about death, as she felt she and Jim would be together in eternity. She was mentally ill, and I heard took her own life in the end, which is sad in any situation...But such mental illness is the exception, and not the norm....
I overlooked your reply Tarn. I wasn't talking about your tailor question, there was a guy on the LL that would dress like Jim from head to toe. That's a little weird. I agree, most communities have their share of whack jobs (and posers). But a lot of those types wear their weirdness on their sleeves, so you know what you are getting from the beginning.
I find that some of the best (actually I mean worst) are the Doors tribute band groupies. There are some that will literally "do" anything to be remotely close to anything Doors related. Some of those tribute band singers think they are Jim, many look or sound nothing like Jim. You have that with most tribute bands, but it seems different with The Doors for some odd reason. Now 99% of those guys in the bands are great guys just out to have fun and entertain the fans on the weekends. Others try to live the role 24/7. Hell, I even knew 2 chicks that ended up moving in with some tribute band singers.
mystery_train67

wha happened wrote:

Yea, I remember her. Weird how some things happen like that. I didn't know you guys were together that long. I wonder why some are no longer into the Doors anymore? Maybe it's just a phase or fad. The genuine ones are definitely few and far between...
hmmm maybe most girls 'grow up' and us boys are still playing in the same sandpit? the doors sandpit! thats what happened to charis anyway. her and i were off and on, we had a lot of time apart over the years but came back together many times also.

i hear she's collecting david guetta boots these days.....
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

Yes somehow I did manage to get a "genuine" one lol but she is extremely artistic so it doesn't surprise me that The Doors would appeal to her!

mystery_train67

Lucky man, Roughie!

As for chicks digging Doors tribute band guys, I think it's the worst kind of lame for both the guys in the band and the girls who dig them, to base their game and their attraction on some kind of imitation. That said, some musicians have a natural charisma regardless of whether they are playing covers or original material.

My idea for the ULTIMATE Doors cover band began here, on the forums. Imagine a band made up of good musicians who were serious Doors fans. Rule # 1 NO LEAD SINGER.
Rule # 2 Band plays the ultimate dopest versions of Doors songs. We all know the improvs, extended versions, in all their variations. So its a real Doors fans tribute band.

The whole band can handle the vocals together.

The main issue with Doors cover bands is you can tell theres usually a member or two who aren't seriously massive Doors fans and are just playing the Robby Or John Role. The Ray must always be pretty hardcore a fan.

The Jimitators look lame no matter what. So, cull the Jimitator.

I can think of three members of this forum who are both skilled muso's and massive Door fans. Just need one more (keys) and we can host a fat party with the ultimate Doors cover/jam band to ever exist. No costumes, none of that fanfare!

Then again, I've not seen any of the well known Doors cover bands, they don't come out here.... ever. And the Australian Doors broke up years ago.
Buda

Post by Buda »

Next year in Paris at the anniversary maybe we should set up a stage somewhere and make that happen there after the gathering during the night at some random lounge? I can beat the drums for some tracks... :wink:
mystery_train67

Buda wrote:Next year in Paris at the anniversary maybe we should set up a stage somewhere and make that happen there after the gathering during the night at some random lounge? I can beat the drums for some tracks... :wink:
Damn... I'm a drummer hehehe
twilla

Post by twilla »

If you get this going make sure someone records the video and audio so some of the rest of us can see and hear please!

I think that would be great fun.
it's the space between the notes that make the music
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

mystery_train67 wrote: As for chicks digging Doors tribute band guys, I think it's the worst kind of lame for both the guys in the band and the girls who dig them, to base their game and their attraction on some kind of imitation. That said, some musicians have a natural charisma regardless of whether they are playing covers or original material.

The main issue with Doors cover bands is you can tell theres usually a member or two who aren't seriously massive Doors fans and are just playing the Robby Or John Role. The Ray must always be pretty hardcore a fan.

A little late replying to this one. it's funny and a little pathetic seeing these girls jump all over these wannabes. Most of the Jim impersonators are in their 40s and go after these groupies that are half their age. They're just looking for someone to shack up with, take care of their kids, until the next gig comes around. And their girlfriends don't even know they have other chicks on the side...it's hilarious.
mystery_train67

wha happened wrote:
mystery_train67 wrote: As for chicks digging Doors tribute band guys, I think it's the worst kind of lame for both the guys in the band and the girls who dig them, to base their game and their attraction on some kind of imitation. That said, some musicians have a natural charisma regardless of whether they are playing covers or original material.

Most of the Jim impersonators are in their 40s and go after these groupies that are half their age. They're just looking for someone to shack up with, take care of their kids, until the next gig comes around. And their girlfriends don't even know they have other chicks on the side...it's hilarious.
Speaking about someone in particular there Greg?

Cheating is ONE thing, being 40 and macking onto girls in their 20s (ain't that the dream?) is another thing.... but having a one-night-hussy take care of your children? Ridiculous!